Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:12 AM

576 posts, read 1,818,737 times

Advertisements

Seriously. This election feels like it's been going on forever.

It feels longer than any that I've ever known in my lifetime. And keep in mind, I'm starting to get older here, which means time should seem to be passing way faster than it was when I was a kid.

I'm sick of seeing the same old commercials every time I turn on the TV. I am sick of politics ruining every show. Well, you might say, don't watch TV. Yeah, if only it were that simple. There's no escaping it in public either. In public, there are signs plastered all over the sides of the road and conversations about politics.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 12:13 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Yep.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:18 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post

It feels longer than any that I've ever known in my lifetime. And keep in mind, I'm starting to get older here, which means time should seem to be passing way faster than it was when I was a kid.

I'm sick of seeing the same old commercials every time I turn on the TV. I am sick of politics ruining every show. Well, you might say, don't watch TV. Yeah, if only it were that simple. There's no escaping it in public either. In public, there are signs plastered all over the sides of the road and conversations about politics.

Me, too. I thought I could escape it for a few hours, watching the big Texas Tech game. NOPE! That dang dumb-butt Charlie Gibson just HAD to break in at half-time and show campaign clips. GRRRRRRRRR!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:20 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
I bet nobody in Lubbock cares about the election tonight.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:23 AM

378 posts, read 626,464 times
Don't watch it. The news on the TV is controlled. You have other media on the Internet that is not controlled, just read the news you want on the Internet.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:48 AM

355 posts, read 555,263 times
I agree. The mute button on my controller is getting worn down. I even unplugged my phone so it would go straight to voice mail because we're getting a zillion political calls every day.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:50 AM

615 posts, read 1,172,530 times
Quote:

No actually i think you love this election otherwise you would have not posted here about this.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 AM

615 posts, read 1,172,530 times
Don't cry about it people..
Turn off the TV, listen to sports
talk radio like JT the brick and
Jim Rome. Watch basketball & football.
Go to the bar and get drunk until the election
is over.
Is it really bothering you that bad.
My wife doesn't even know who
is running!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:23 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:

It can be tiring, I agree.

When I get election fatigue and want to throw in the hat, I usually ask myself "What would Joe The Plumber do?".

Then I don't do that thing.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:52 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Today I was verbally abused by a McCain/Palin supporter at the supermarket. So, yes, I can't wait until this is all over.

Oh, if you are wondering how he knew I voted for Obama, this man saw I only had 2 items, so he said "Go ahead. I insist." Then, out of the blue, he added "as long as you're not an Obama supporter." I smiled, but then he said "Oh, so you're one of those pro infant murderers?"

I kid you not. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections