Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will it take for Obama to say "it was worse than we thought"
0-30 days 26 46.43%
30-60 days 9 16.07%
1st or 2nd month he is in 9 16.07%
never 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:09 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,070,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You're lying again.

Obama never claimed he could heal the nation's issues immediately. I know you guys like banners that say "Mission Accomplished" and pretend everything is great. But the rest of us live in reality, and that isn't very pretty right now.
Obama better do it within 4 years!!!!
He kept preaching CHANGE and YES WE CAN.
So he better say I CAN and he better follow the mantra THE CHANGE WE NEED.

If he didn't change it right away, then only PASSING TIME CHANGED the economy!!!!

Economy GOES UP and DOWN all the time depending on the confidence of the people.

He can absolutely do NOTHING and the economy can go up!!! It is just the nature of economy.

SO...the REASON he is president and the reason MCCAIN is NOT president is because OBAMA will deliver CHANGE faster than MCCAIN can.

So I expect the recovery of the economy within the first year. I also expect handouts on the first year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 09:28 AM

714 posts, read 1,535,435 times
What? People voted for Obama for "change" he's only got four years......so what's up? People are on video...I wish I could find it again...maybe I'll look. Saying "Thank God" I don't have to worry about paying my mortgage and my bills. They truly believe that......Some of you might have voted for him for the real reasons, but please he has lead people to believe that he will bring "change" like now

Old 11-07-2008, 10:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
We'll we know he is going to say it...as many of you have commented on. But what I am asking is "How long will it take"....for him to say it.

I'm guessing taxes will increase shortly too

BECAUSE we'll we just can't do what we thought because we didn't know it was this bad OR he will do what he said and it will be worse than ever

The depth of the damage that Bush/Cheney have done to our nation probably isn't totally apparent at any level. Yet. RW whackadoodles are still pretending like there's been none at all.

It'll take a little time for all the dirt to surface. Bush/Cheney are working feverishly right now to bury it as deeply as they can in the next two months.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 AM

9,327 posts, read 21,964,410 times
Quote:
and what do you think of the greatest drop in the Dow the day after an election?
Its called the worst economy since the great depression....
the fundamentals of the economy are NOT strong, despite what John McCain said.

the second worse drop was 778 points on 9/28/08.. who do you blame for that?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post

Re read ...the point was not when was the last worst drop....It was the worst drop EVER, THE DAY AFTER A PRESIDENT WAS ELECTED.

Interest rates are low, there is clean food available, there are jobs available. One of my greatest friends owns 2 McDonalds. Her employees ask her time after time..."please don't schedule me more than 15 hours" so they can get their welfare checks. She pays 8-9 an hour. She can't keep employees...she is the nicest, easiest person to get along with, but there are jobs she cannot fill.

Americans need not be worried about what the world thinks, they need to get of their *** and work. The fundamentals are there, if they would work and quit complaining the market will correct itself. You can't blame GW that a bunch of people went out and bought houses they couldn't afford and ran up credit cards they couldn't pay...I'm sure they weren't buying groceries. And if you think Obama is going to cure the world you've got another thing coming. I give it 0-30 days before he makes this claim...I might be wrong we shall see......

Last edited by ttyl1979; 11-07-2008 at 10:57 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:

And one more thing.....why don't you ask Obama to give back the money from Freddie and Fannie Or what about your precious democrat Barney Frank that said there was nothing wrong with Fannie or Freddie, when George Bush was trying to warn about it and fix it..on video....whew you have a lot to learn about life

Old 11-07-2008, 11:02 AM

9,327 posts, read 21,964,410 times
AGAIN. The economy sucks! Period! Don't read too much into the stock market fluctuations and assume it was due to Obama.

I was MERELY answering your question and pointing out that in THIS ELECTION, the fundamentals of the economy are the WORSE it has been in a LONG TIME.. as compared to other elections.. which is why you are not seeing the gains you expect...

And that "one more thing" post.. sophomoric.. please don't act shrill, I can throw stuff back at you and we can go tit for tat on many things and it will not accomplish anything...

I am merely addressing why the market did not move as expected. PERIOD. The fundamentals during this election are NOT GOOD. Period.

Last edited by minibrings; 11-07-2008 at 11:13 AM..

Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
AGAIN. The economy sucks! Period! Don't read too much into the stock market fluctuations and assume it was due to Obama.

I was MERELY answering your question and pointing out that in THIS ELECTION, the fundamentals of the economy are the WORSE it has been in a LONG TIME.. as compared to other elections.. which is why you are not seeing the gains you expect...

And that "one more thing" post.. sophomoric.. please don't act shrill, I can throw stuff back at you and we can go tit for tat on many things and it will not accomplish anything...

I am merely addressing why the market did not move as expected. PERIOD. The fundamentals during this election are NOT GOOD. Period.
Why use phrases like "tit for tat" it's so trashy. The question was "How long do you think it will take for him to claim this?"

I do think we have an even bigger problem now that Obama has been elected. The money hungry Republicans are not investing and not taking risks when it comes to business. They are waiting...holding their money. The economy is a cycle. But it sure didn't help that BO got elected. Get ready for the speech!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,540,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
He's gearing up to lay more blame on the republicans, conveniently leaving out the democrats responsibility in the whole mess, the same democrats who said they have no power there, blahblahblah. But they sure seem to come up with the power to sing their praises when something is successful.
Oh yes...you are right on target. The do nothing congress, Pelosi, Barny Frank, and all the rest are the ones to blame...but it will all, conveniently, be Bush's fault.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:00 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,289,204 times
Quote:
We'll it wouldn't surprise me.

I have to say I am proud of GW for being so gracious, and John McCain.
George is elated to go home to Crawford, TX and leave these problems to someone else. I'd be gracious too considering I left the country in the worse position it has been in since the Great Depression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections