Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:49 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
You are wrong and creating bogus arguments with statements that have no basis in anything even remotely resembling fact.

magellan is correct that someone showing up with a 'Sarah Palin is a C*nt' shirt would probably be disciplined, although I would be surprised if they were thrown off the team. But that shirt does not carry the kind of threat that 'All the hunters gather up, we have a n*gger in the White House' does. The discipline in this case appears appropriate from the perspective of the university, and the ex-football player should consider himself to be quite fortunate if law enforcement does not take more of an interest in him.

"would probably be disciplined"

Thank you for acknowledging the double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:55 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"would probably be disciplined"

Thank you for acknowledging the double standard.
Until it actually happens, all we can do is speculate ("would probably be"). You can't make a case of double standard until you have at least two very similar cases under very similar circumstances to compare each other to. Get back to us when you find them. You might be right.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:22 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
LMAO at the title: Texas A&M "Longhorns"? WTH? When did the Longhorns and Aggies merge?

Old 11-09-2008, 08:50 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
He was second string, a starter would still be playing.....
However, I don't approve of his choice of words...

did he get his ass kicked

Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,040,169 times
Even saying the F word is trolling in itself.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
OK.

As a Longhorn myself, can the mod's or OP please remove "A&M" from the title of this thread? It made me puke in my mouth a little.

This is the most offensive thread title I have ever witnessed in all my time on C-D.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,040,169 times
Why do the two black men have numbers closer to 1?

Do they think they are better then the white guy?

I tell ya, its constituted race hate. Oh the humanity.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:44 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
When are these dumb high school & college students going to realize what they post on Facebook & Myspace can come back to bite them big time and follow them when looking for employment

That said, remark was totally tasteless and uncalled for

Old 11-09-2008, 12:56 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
This is not a freedom of speech issue. It is against the law to threaten the life of the president or president-elect. He should be thankful charges were not pressed against him And if you think I am wrong, go to your local airport and walk around saying "There is a bomb in the restroom." See what happens.
You are right... In fact, people are in jail today for saying the wrong things about Bush...

Not sure if anyone heard of the person who was talking about a 'burning bush' in religious and political fashion in a bar about a week before Bush was scheduled to arrive. Well, the secret service caught wind, arrested him, and I'm pretty sure he was eventually convicted and sent to the slammer for a year or 2...

I feel sorry for this kid - he made a stupid mistake - and it is going to have a very negative effect on his life... He probably is going to lose any athletic scholarship he had at the very least...

Old 11-09-2008, 01:08 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
People, this wasn't a routine political jab. His exact words were "Gather all the hunters, there's a N1gg*r in the White House" That goes WAY beyond anything that a normal person would say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections