Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
His description of himself on his facebook page was how much he loved Jesus. Those religious types prove it over and over again how hateful they are. I hope that the black players from the opposing teams kick his sorry white ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 01:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
His description of himself on his facebook page was how much he loved Jesus. Those religious types prove it over and over again how hateful they are. I hope that the black players from the opposing teams kick his sorry white ass.
More hate trying to solve hate? I guess the high road is a thing of the past....

Old 11-09-2008, 03:39 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
What is amazing is the length some people will go through to rationalize calling someone a n*gger.
It really doesn't matter if it were the president being called that name or if it were I being called that name. It does NO good to anyone or anything.
This is the type of person who ends up in the workforce as someone's manager or supervisor and brings these viewpoints into the work environment. When minorities start to complain over his behavior we are told to "ger over it" or "have a sense of humor".
This person felt it totally acceptable to call the President of the United States of America a n*gger.
Why would he feel so emboldened? could it be that so many would come to his rescue and defend his hate speech as free speech?
Please don't start with the "well, they call each other that all the time" crap. I don't use it and no one black or white uses it in my presence.
The name calling is bad enough. But there was also a veiled assassination threat. That is serious stuff!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:00 PM

438 posts, read 503,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Look, you don't have to like my comment but it's not asinine. After what happened to Joe the Plumber and knowing that when Obama was in Missouri he ordered the police to ARREST anyone who spoke out against him, I think we should ALL be worried that we are going to be living in a police state under Obama.

Why don't you provide us with a link to a reputable news source? This is an over the top accusation since no one can arrest you for speaking out against anyone.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Why don't you provide us with a link to a reputable news source? This is an over the top accusation since no one can arrest you for speaking out against anyone.
I posted a link last month somewhere here to a press release from the governor denouncing it.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And here we have "the rest of the story".

Political Punch

My allowable two sentences:
Quote:
The Missouri Truth Squad, an Obama campaign press release stated last week, would “respond quickly, forcefully, and aggressively when John McCain or his allies launch inaccurate claims or character attacks about Barack Obama, or when they distort Barack Obama’s record or plans.”
St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch called the notion that he was going to use his official powers to prosecute people who lie about Obama "nonsense."

A reporter noted that in the re-telling of the story, it got 'out of control'. Also, McCain had such a squad in South Carolina, which aslo had members with prosecutorial powers.

Tempest in a Teapot, . . . again.
From yesterday, same thread. Ho, hum, luz.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:55 PM

726 posts, read 2,269,440 times
I saw a similar situation on facebook. It was a girl though.
I mean its whatever. The first amendment is there, but I think some people misuse it.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
The Teaxs A&M longhorns center threw me off as A&M's team is the Aggies.Guess it is better than the fairly common rape charges we see now days in sports.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,397 times
Some people completely miss the point. the point is that as a player on a football team that's majority black, you just can't have people saying that kind of crap. What do you think that would do to team unity and morale?

What do you think if a player was like "you know what screw religion and god and all that it's lame" of course he'd be off - not because of free speech being infringed but it's about team unity.

And if your first reaction to this is "omg my free speech rights to be a redneck and say hateful ignorant things is challenged" you have no soul.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yes, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, Dobson, Robertson, et al. All useless morons; scammers milking gullible idiots out of billions.

No doubt, even if someone never bought a thing from them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections