Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
What ideology?? Providing middle class tax relief..Oh scary
You honestly believe that middle class folks will get a tax relief?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
We pray for America because of Obama's ideology, not race. I'd feel just as worried if it were Hillary Clinton or John Edwards elected. Actually with Hillary at least she has some sort of experience and isn't looked upon as some messiah.
Exactly. If Obama's ideology would have been different, I would have voted for him in a heartbeat. My prayers are for him and his family and for wisdom and guidance for leading our nation when he takes office in January.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:34 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
We pray for America because of Obama's ideology, not race. I'd feel just as worried if it were Hillary Clinton or John Edwards elected. Actually with Hillary at least she has some sort of experience and isn't looked upon as some messiah.

Perhaps you should have shown some concern and prayed over the past eight years.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
You honestly believe that middle class folks will get a tax relief?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/24/us...ransition.html

Sorry to disappoint you....

Old 11-23-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is what he says ... Let's see what actually happens. With the new spending that he proposes and the current deficit, I highly doubt that he will not eventually raise taxes on the middle class. I hope he proves me wrong as I cannot afford new taxes as it is.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
This is what he says ... Let's see what actually happens. With the new spending that he proposes and the current deficit, I highly doubt that he will not eventually raise taxes on the middle class. I hope he proves me wrong as I cannot afford new taxes as it is.
I think we'll all feel stronger, less afraid and "part of the solution" if we lay off frivolity, use cash, read with the kids etc....if we build this sort of momentum WE CAN DO ANYTHING

Old 11-23-2008, 04:23 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia King View Post
Is that right ? Then why don't u post ur real name and location. I'd be glad to meet up with you. Do u want to control other people's minds & their way of thinking ? Not everyone is as 'Liberal' thinking as you are. I'm not pleased with that black dude being elected President. 99% of the black's voted for him and know nothing about him. Only that he's ' BLACK' . The first things he's brought up and speaks of is the dog he's gonna buy for his daughters & having the White House renovated in order to have a basketball court installed. Now this is Presidental material ? How necessary is this - being he has so much security surrounding him - he's able to go wherever he wants. People were saying Sarah Palin didn't have any experience to be take over the Presdidents slot if need be. She has far more experience than Obama has. He was an Instigator on the southside of Chicago. Then got elected Senator - after he met & started hanging with Tony Rezko. He bought his million dollar mansion from Tony the slum lord.
He's in Hyde Park near the University of Chicago, which had once been an exclusive area. Hope the Feds are able to squeeze the truth out of Tony and learn what actually took place. I bet it's a good juicy story.
This is only being done to impress his many cronies and to invite people like Michael Jordon & Oprah to the White House.
His mama-in-law is moving into the White House with them. Now, isn't that just so purdy ?
There are enough bedrooms, he can invite his relatives from Kenya to move in also.
His white grandparents had to raise him - cause his daddy took off shortly after he was born and dumped them in Chicago.
They should have gotten her an abortion.
Oh brother, one of these again...sorry - the info you may have received at the klan meeting was wrong, 99% of blacks did not vote for him

On the other point bolded, did you realize that he had to receive security much earlier than the rest of the candidates running for office because he received death threats at a much higher number than all the rest?

Again, all of the info you may have received at the klan meeting was not true.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I think we'll all feel stronger, less afraid and "part of the solution" if we lay off frivolity, use cash, read with the kids etc....if we build this sort of momentum WE CAN DO ANYTHING
Even being frugal as I try to be, I still cannot afford more taxes.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:05 PM

35 posts, read 150,993 times
Default Obama & the basketball Court - He's talked about it on the News.

Quote:
Before you get banned from City-Data, let me just jump in here with the basketball court "story", which I noticed you've mentioned before as if it were fact -
**** ( Mentioned before ? Before what ?

Obama Plans White House Basketball Court, If Elected - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2008/06/16/obama-plans-white-house-basketball-court-if-elected/ - broken link)
He's been on the News so much - he's mentioned it himself. Keep your remote handy and watch all the News channels.
I've mentioned this 'BEFORE" ? Before 'what' ?
You better get off those drugs ur smokin. Before you make such comments.
Fox News is not the only channel on TV

Before I get 'banned ' ? Okay !
I'm assuming your the head of City-Data - -
Is that the story ?

Old 11-23-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia King View Post
He's been on the News so much - he's mentioned it himself. Keep your remote handy and watch all the News channels.
I've mentioned this 'BEFORE" ? Before 'what' ?
You better get off those drugs ur smokin. Before you make such comments.
Fox News is not the only channel on TV

Before I get 'banned ' ? Okay !
I'm assuming your the head of City-Data - -
Is that the story ?
Did you read the link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections