Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:57 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,755,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Thank God Chambliss won his seat, no fillibusters possible for the next 4 years. There is nothing worse than one party controlling every vote.
LOL, filibusters are used by the minority party to block efforts by the party in charge. I think you need to brush up on your knowledge of how government works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 PM

178 posts, read 412,887 times
I can't stand Villaraigosa...I'm sure the illegals who support him are voting and are going to put this creep back in office next year?...Thanks to scumballs like Villaraigosa, California is turning into a third world toilet!

Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,470,825 times
Another indication Obama is a shrewd judge of character.

Smart guys like BO can spot a vapid poser like Tony Villar a mile away.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 AM

32 posts, read 96,738 times
Quote:
It's no mystery, illegal aliens are allowed to vote in LA. They also vote in Chicago as well.
Yes Latino U.S. Citizens do vote in both Los Angeles and Chicago.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:11 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I am disappointed that Obama didn't appoint Richardson to be Secretary of State. I think that (ethnic considerations aside) he is infintely more qualified for that position than Hillary.
I think a lot of it has to do with who would be more accepted globally. Frankly, in that respect I don't see Richardson as a better candidate than Hillary. I also don't trust him. He like far too many hispanics in our government tends to ride 2 donkeys with one ass. His first loyalty is to those of his ethnicity as opposed to AMERICA and ALL Americans, which for him like so many other latinos in this country is secondary.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestDriver View Post
Yes Latino U.S. Citizens do vote in both Los Angeles and Chicago.
Of course they do and so do the ILLEGAL ALIEN latinos.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
I can't stand Villaraigosa...I'm sure the illegals who support him are voting and are going to put this creep back in office next year?...Thanks to scumballs like Villaraigosa, California is turning into a third world toilet!
I hear you. I find it hilarious that Villraigosa would like to pretend that Obama actually asked him to fill a cabinet position. He is one of the most polarizing racists of our times.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Another indication Obama is a shrewd judge of character.

Smart guys like BO can spot a vapid poser like Tony Villar a mile away.
Truer words.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,332,001 times
Quote:
I think a lot of it has to do with who would be more accepted globally. Frankly, in that respect I don't see Richardson as a better candidate than Hillary. I also don't trust him. He like far too many hispanics in our government tends to ride 2 donkeys with one ass. His first loyalty is to those of his ethnicity as opposed to AMERICA and ALL Americans, which for him like so many other latinos in this country is secondary.

He is biracial- his mother is Anglo and his father is Hispanic. Looks like he has two donkeys to ride.
I think that the whole world would be very accepting of a person who was Secretay of Energy, UN Ambassador and nominated for a Nobel peace prize....but it looks like that's not good enought for some.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
He is biracial- his mother is Anglo and his father is Hispanic. Looks like he has two donkeys to ride.
I think that the whole world would be very accepting of a person who was Secretay of Energy, UN Ambassador and nominated for a Nobel peace prize....but it looks like that's not good enought for some.
I don't care whether he is biracial or not. Why is everything always about race with hispanics? His race, is not the issue, except for those of a certain group of people in this country who delusionally think those of their ethnicity deserve more room at America's political table by virtue of being latino's who voted for Obama. It's the arrogant demands and false sense of entitlement of said group that is the most offensive to the majority of Americans of ALL other races and ethnicities.

That being said, his accomplishments like many other latinos who thought they were entitled to a seat in Obama's cabinet are very meager accomplishments and obviously not impressive enough for Obama as well. The lawless, gang infested, corrupt, drug and illegal alien cesspool known as the city of Los Angeles which Villaragroisa has run into the ground while forbidding the enforcement of laws against his illegal alien raza is further testament of where his loyalties lie. Then there is this:[/quote]

Meet Council Mechista Villaraigosa
"As leader of the state Assembly, I say President Zedillo had great impact in defeating Proposition 187," Villaraigosa told a news conference after he and a state delegation met with the Mexican chief executive. (L.A. Times, Aug. 4, 1999) -- CLICK HERE for more important information on traitor Antonio.[/SIZE]

A BLAST FROM THE PAST LOS ANGELES - July 24, 1997 - (VCT -- Now American Patrol) --- State Assemblyman, Antonio Villaraigosa (D-District 45) Majority leader of the California State Assembly, claims that immigration is the responsibility of California.

Speaking on the radio interview show "Which Way L.A.?" (KCRW - FM) on Thursday, July 24, Villaraigosa said,"The federal government has said that this issue of immigration isn't a federal issue, it's a California issue. Guess what? California has half the immigrants in the entire nation."

Together with Assembly Speaker Cruz Bustamante, who appeared on the same program, Villaraigosa demanded that California taxpayers pick up the tab for welfare services to legal immigrants which has been dropped by the federal government. "As I recall," said Glenn Spencer, president of Voice of Citizens Together, a grass-roots organization opposed to illegal immigration, "when the Mexicans were fighting Proposition 187 they told us that it was an illegal state scheme to regulate immigration. In fact, federal judge Mariana Pfaelzer, their co-conspirator, used just that language to strike down Proposition 187. Now they say that immigration is a state issue. You simply can't have it both ways."
Bustamante and Villaraigosa pledge to hold up the state budget until Governor Wilson agrees to pay for food stamps and other services for the Mexicans.
http://www.americanpatrol.com/CALIFO...yMechaBoy.html
[/quote]

His loyalties do not lie with America and he certainly isn't qualified or worthy of being trusted in a cabinet position.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-05-2008 at 10:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections