Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,303,667 times

Advertisements

I was an admirer of Obama, although not a political supporter. But then Obama was caught in lie after lie.

Obama misrepresented his childhood as full of Kansas values. It turns out his mother married two Muslim Communists. That's fine, but it's not exactly Kansas values. He talked at length about Frank, the mentor of his youth, without mentioning that he was talking about Frank Marshall Davis, a Communist. He lied about never having been a Muslim, when his Indonesian school records show he was registered as a Muslim and a childhood friend remembers him as being devout.

He lied about his relationship with Marxist terrorist Bill Ayers, whose Weather Underground organization planned to kill 25 million Americans after they imposed Communism in the 1970s. Obama said Ayers was just a guy from the neighborhood. We now know they had a close working relationship going back 15 or 20 years. They sat on several boards together and Ayers hired Obama to help spend $150 million in grant money meant to help Chicago school children. The money was spread around to radical organizations without any improvement in test scores. Jack Cashill at AmericanThinker.com makes a convincing case that Ayers was the ghostwriter or book doctor for Obama's book "Dreams From My Father."

Obama lied about Trinity United Church. He represented it as a normal Christian church. In fact, it teaches Black Liberation Theology, a combination of racism, Marxism, Christianity, and Islam. He said he never heard Jeremiah Wright's racist, anti-American statements. This is not credible, as these types of statements form a significant part of the teachings of this church.

He lied about his relationship with ACORN, an organization founded to collapse capitalism in America by overloading the bureaucracy, but presented as an organization founded to help the poor and disenfranchised. Obama said he just represented them on one motor voter case, but it turns out he taught their leaders classes in the stealth overthrow of capitalism. He paid them $800,000 in this election to get out the vote. The ACORN voter fraud we witnessed in this election was appalling and consistent with their goal of undermining our political system. ACORN played a key role in our economic collapse with their role in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, again consistent with their goal of undermining capitalism.

He lied about his relationship with Syrian slumlord and felon Tony Rezko, who helped him buy his property in a shady deal. Their relationship is not peripheral; it goes back almost 20 years. (Rezko has ties to Iraqi billionaire Nadhmi Auchi, who lent Rezko millions of dollars in 2005. Auchi has been charged with being an accomplice of Saddam Hussein. I'm not sure this has anything to do with Obama, but I'd like to see these relationships explored further.)

He lied about accepting public financing, and then ran the shadiest fundraising operation America has ever seen, with millions of dollars coming in from unidentified sources.

We have Obama on tape years ago saying the Constitution is flawed because it doesn't address redistribution of wealth and that he plans to bankrupt the coal industry. These are not positions he talked about openly on the campaign trail.

Michelle and Obama's rhetoric is laced with radical phrases if you recognize them. Obama wants to set up a civilian defense force as strong as our military. What for? That sounds like the enforcement squads they use in totalitarian countries to keep the population submissive to an oppressive regime.

Further, there are many questions about Obama's past. He won't release his birth certificate or a number of other documents (passport, school records, state senate records) he has been asked to release. He promised transparency, so why won't he turn over the requested documents and address the many unanswered questions about his past?

For example, why was former Black Panther Islamist Khalid al-Mansour soliciting funds and recommendations to help send him to Harvard Law School? What was his relationship with Rashid Khalidi, who many say is a former spokesman for the PLO? What was Obama doing in Kenya in 2006 making appearances with the then-campaigning Raila Odinga, who secretly promised the Muslims he would implement Shariah law if elected? What was he doing in Pakistan in the 1980s? Why doesn't anyone from his days at Columbia University remember him? Why wouldn't he give the New York Times the name of friends and colleagues from that time period?

Why is the Communist party dancing a *** now that he's been elected? Why is Farrakhan calling him the messiah? Why did he have Truth Squads in Missouri to intimidate and prosecute anyone who criticized him? Why is he appointing Eric Holder attorney general, the man who arranged the Clinton pardon of FALN terrorists?

And there is so much more. You will hear very little of this from the mainstream media, but there is a wealth of information available from reputable conservative sources, including AmericanThinker.com and NationalReview.com. Youtube.com contains his quotes on the redistribution of wealth and his plans to make energy costs skyrocket.

Obama is a charismatic man and an engaging speaker with appealing rhetoric, but his actions don't match his words.

I'm sure he has plans for America, but with his lifetime of Marxist works and associations, I don't think these are plans most Americans will like. Some people point out that he's filling his cabinet with moderates. But of course. A stealth candidate isn't going to make Bill Ayers Secretary of Education. Obama probably won't make any sudden moves that would alarm the public while we are still powerful enough to resist.

But over time I believe he will attempt to: weaken our military at a time when we are fighting for our lives against Islamic extremists, collapse our economy further with make-work government jobs, cap and trade requirements that bankrupt businesses, and pledges of aid to third world countries. I believe he will not allow us to use our massive American energy sources, he will force us into socialized medicine, silence the opposition by labeling conservative speech hate speech, impose the draft, make three months of civil service mandatory for young people, set up enforcement squads, take away our guns, nationalize our 401ks, legalize illegal immigrants to increase the Democratic voter base, put Communists on our courts, and put ACORN types in charge of elections so that we might never see fair elections again. I base these theories on Obama's record, remarks, the behavior of his campaign, comments by other far-Left Democrats, and my familiarity with Marxists and what they do.

I believe Obama's election was a Marxist coup, that he did not represent his true record, ideals and agenda to the American people. If he is not a natural born citizen, it is critical that he not be allowed to take office. Whatever violence would ensue would be manageable compared to the violence that would erupt in time if Obama and his radical comrades in congress, supported by a fawning left-wing media, make headway in implementing a Marxist agenda in freedom-loving America. I think back to the Communist takeovers of Russia, China, Vietnam, Korea, Cambodia, and Cuba and they weren't pretty. People fight back when they realize they're being enslaved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 04:20 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
China called, they want their wall of text back (the Mongols are coming!).

But on a serious note, politicians lie, and usually we don't find out about them until after they are elected. So what? Obama is a politician like any other, this is nothing new.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:15 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
China called, they want their wall of text back (the Mongols are coming!).

But on a serious note, politicians lie, and usually we don't find out about them until after they are elected. So what? Obama is a politician like any other, this is nothing new.
Right you are!!!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Kooter; Obama is the most un-vetted candidate in history. The media displayed an unusual amount of apathy toward all his "controversies".

For example; Did any MSM outlet ever conduct an in-depth investigation of his time at Annenberg, where he was CEO? The only one I know of was Stanley Kurtz, right-leaning journalist. The other outlets never bothered to tell us what kind of a CEO he would make based on his only experience - at Annenberg.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Kooter; Obama is the most un-vetted candidate in history.
Where's the evidence to substantiate that?

Old 11-29-2008, 05:50 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Too late to whine now, just got to buck up and suck it up. I don't dislike Obama as a person, but am afraid he will self-destruct (and take us with him) over time. As much as I DISLIKE Hillary, would definitely have more confidence in her abilities (or Bill's) to see us through. Obama doesn't know what he has gotten into, and though some think he may have the right "temperament" for the presidency, in this day and age with global jihad ever increasing and the economy going to h*ll, we are on a sure downward path to the Third World. And he doesn't have the wherewithall to handle it. Maybe some of his advisors will be able to save the day, don't know yet. Trust and confidence of many no doubt due to wane rapidly over the next several months.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:13 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Remember folks in 2000 the kooks unofficially Swift Boated Gore
In 2004 the kooks formerly Swift Boated Kerry

In each of those elections it worked and the won

In 2008 the Kooks attempted to Swift Boat Obama however Operation Swift Butt gave Palin a matched foot in the rear end and they lost.

Did you really think they know how to stop without achieving victory? They will continue until they have their way and the only way they know how to accomplish victory is demonstrated by their posts.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 PM

37,167 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Kooter, you're a little bit late, old buddy.

Nobody bought any of this horse poop before the election, and it's value has decreased considerably since then.

Since you have so much of it however, I have a suggesion -
Plant a rose garden. It'll give you something to do for the next thirty years or so until another republican gets elected.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Kooter, you're a little bit late, old buddy.

Nobody bought any of this horse poop before the election, and it's value has decreased considerably since then.

Since you have so much of it however, I have a suggesion -
Plant a rose garden. It'll give you something to do for the next thirty years or so until another republican gets elected.
You are mistaken and you are only demonstrating your own ignorance of the facts as born out by history, legislation and intent.

For starters, most people are just now starting to learn about all the problems surrounding Obama. As for the multitude of lawsuits being filed, the Donofrio case does not assert anything not in evidence. Obama had dual citizenship from birth by his own admission. This dual citizenship would preclude him from being considered a natural born citizen and, thereby, not able to be President of the United States. Mere citizenship is insufficient to be natural born, even if one is born on U.S. soil.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:43 PM

http://select.nytimes.com/2007/03/06...=1&oref=slogin

Lâ ilaha illobama: "I was a little Jakarta street kid

"My experience growing up in Indonesia or having family in small villages in Africa — I think it makes me much more mindful of the importance of issues like personal security or freedom from corruption,” he said, adding: “I’ve witnessed it in much more direct ways than I think the average American has witnessed it."

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections