Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times

Advertisements

"No kissing among cousins: Obama, Bush are kin" : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina

Genealogical Society found some remarkable family connections.

Obama is a distant cousin of George W Bush and Dick Cheney

Obama is also distant cousins of Brad Pitt and direct distant relatives of

pres. Gerald Ford
pres. Lyndon Johnson
pres. Harry Truman
pres. James Madison

distant cousin of Winston Churchhill and Civil War General Robert E Lee.

Maybe Obama is destine to become president

Hillary is also distant relatives to some well known people. While Obama is a distant cousin to Brad Pitt, Hillary is a distant cousin to Brad Pitt's girlfriend Angelina Jolie.

Hillary is a distant cousin of singers Madonna, Celine Dion and Alanis Morissette. Hillary is also related to Camilla Parker-Bowles, wife of Prince Charles in England (another so called first lady).

John McCain is also sixth cousin to First Lady Laura Bush.

This reminds me of the Sister Sledge song in 1979 "We are Family" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 07:11 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
We are all descendants of Charlemagne.

Genealogy companies are a bunch of crock.

True genealogy is field work that you do yourself, digging into family trees and archives and coming up with proving documents yourself, with the work of your own hands, not paying some crock companies a few dollars to punch in a few letters into a computer.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
"No kissing among cousins: Obama, Bush are kin" : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina

Genealogical Society found some remarkable family connections.

Obama is a distant cousin of George W Bush and Dick Cheney

Obama is also distant cousins of Brad Pitt and direct distant relatives of

pres. Gerald Ford
pres. Lyndon Johnson
pres. Harry Truman
pres. James Madison

distant cousin of Winston Churchhill and Civil War General Robert E Lee.

Maybe Obama is destine to become president

Hillary is also distant relatives to some well known people. While Obama is a distant cousin to Brad Pitt, Hillary is a distant cousin to Brad Pitt's girlfriend Angelina Jolie.

Hillary is a distant cousin of singers Madonna, Celine Dion and Alanis Morissette. Hillary is also related to Camilla Parker-Bowles, wife of Prince Charles in England (another so called first lady).

John McCain is also sixth cousin to First Lady Laura Bush.

This reminds me of the Sister Sledge song in 1979 "We are Family" LOL
So if we elect Obama, are we getting another 4 years of Bush and Cheney?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Also Maybe Obama has Brad Pitt's looks and thats why women are going crazy over Obama.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,296 times
i knew of Cheney but i guess if u far back enough u can get Bush as well....

But the Bushes are related to the the Nazis

Old 03-26-2008, 08:09 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
I have blue eyes. This apparently makes me related to every one else with blue eyes. (And some dude in Turkey going WAAAAY back)
Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor

I can sing a little bit like Frank Sinatra...

Last edited by Art123; 03-26-2008 at 08:23 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 08:46 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Also Maybe Obama has Brad Pitt's looks and thats why women are going crazy over Obama.

OMG....are you serious??? Obama looks like Dumbo NOT Brad Pitt. He is so not the handsome dude so many are making him out to be. Give me Denzel, Will Smith, or even Brad Pitt (who I don't even like) but don't try to put Obama in the class.....Obama is not handsome at all!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 AM

152 posts, read 335,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
OMG....are you serious??? Obama looks like Dumbo NOT Brad Pitt. He is so not the handsome dude so many are making him out to be. Give me Denzel, Will Smith, or even Brad Pitt (who I don't even like) but don't try to put Obama in the class.....Obama is not handsome at all!
I actually think that Denzel and Will Smith are average. The media tells us they are amazingly attractive, so we fall in line with it. When you really look at them, Denzel is pretty plain looking and Smith looks like a goof. If I had to choose between the two, Smith is better looking. Obama is not gorgeous, but he is relatively handsome. Of course, this my opinion having never met any of these people! Personality can make all the difference in how you perceive looks; and I don't mean the personality that comes through the TV.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
very cool info.

Im related to George Washington even though both my parents are immgrants from Tonga(dad's mom is from the UK)

Old 03-26-2008, 11:33 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Oh brother...this is getting very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections