Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yes indeed. Someone who KNOWS something about medicine and not twisting public policy to suit idiot bastards like James Dobson.

I hope he picks Michael Jacobson from CSPI to head up the FDA. It's time we got clean, safe, healthy food again.
It's time we got clean, safe, healthy food again.

That is pretty funny stuff. If you want to eat healthy, clean, safe food for God's sake stay away from restaurants, fast food, processed food, buy all you food at a Whole Foods market and don't dare cook it.

I thought I had heard it all, blaming Bush for people's poor choices in food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 06:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Yet another unusual choice.
It is not really an unusual choice. Knowing Obama as we do, and are getting to know even better everyday ,this choice makes perfect sense. We have someone not really suited for the job but yet not completely unqualified. He is likeable and has personality, can speak with authority even without real knowledge. Sound familiar?

I actually like the guy and watched him fairly regular for a while, still a strange choice by most standards.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:21 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
The CNN personalities had their lips firmly planted on Obama's butt throughout the campaign. Heh, I always figured Cafferty and Blitzer were auditioning for White House spokesman or Press Secretary jobs. I'll bet they're seriously jealous that Gupta was chosen.

Quote:
I think it is an unusual choice, simple as that. Reporters for CNN aren't normally the pool for cabinet positions...just sayin'.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,396,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is not really an unusual choice. Knowing Obama as we do, and are getting to know even better everyday ,this choice makes perfect sense. We have someone not really suited for the job but yet not completely unqualified. He is likeable and has personality, can speak with authority even without real knowledge. Sound familiar?

I actually like the guy and watched him fairly regular for a while, still a strange choice by most standards.

He is so likable. But it seems DC will be filled with those getting "on the job training".

Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
He is so likable. But it seems DC will be filled with those getting "on the job training".
Unless they worked for previous administrations, in which case they get criticized for that!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
On a NY Times lib blog, they're all whining about how Gupta can't be trusted because he "dissed" Michael Moore! Man oh man, is this all getting entertaining or what?!

Old 01-09-2009, 09:09 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,068 times
Default 11 Days and Counting

Quote:
Yet another unusual choice.
if President Obama selected you for a post, you'd say:

'Yet another unusual choice' & I would say now that is a backwards appointment

Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Unless they worked for previous administrations, in which case they get criticized for that!
I noticed that, too.

The repubs don't old Washington insiders(those who know what's going on and how to get things done) and they don't want anyone new becuase they have no experience (????????????????)

Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 PM

21 posts, read 46,323 times
Please,Mr Obama, reconsider our gov, Bill Richardson for another cabinet position. Surgeon General would be fine., especailly oin the area of weight loss and obesity. We would love to see him in Washington instead of Santa Fe.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:54 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiaman View Post
Please,Mr Obama, reconsider our gov, Bill Richardson for another cabinet position. Surgeon General would be fine., especailly oin the area of weight loss and obesity. We would love to see him in Washington instead of Santa Fe.
Except... he'd still be in Santa Fe. Surgeon Generals don't need to live in DC since the job is ceremonial/educational. You can film a tv spot from anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections