Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 06:11 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times

Advertisements

In America, being half black means you are black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 06:34 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
So being half Hispanic makes you Hispanic......half Asian makes you Asian??? the white part is always drowned out??

Old 07-16-2013, 06:48 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
It is more important of what he looks like than what he is... so sayeth the liberals!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post

So Martin Gore of Depeche mode is black? He is actually half black:

Old 07-16-2013, 07:15 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Many mixed race people "passed". I don't think American Nazi Lawrence Dennis admitted his mixed race heritage, for one.

Gary Younge on American fascist Lawrence Dennis | World news | The Guardian
The term "passing" means to hide you origin out of fear of being exposed. No one passed while openly discussing their racial make up.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I did not read all the posts but yes, Obama is mixed, not black. His black family in Africa considers him white and he was raised by whites.

But, he is a self-hating mixed man, as his writings prove:
"As I imagined myself following Malcolm X’s call, one line in his book stayed me. He spoke of his wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction."
-Words of Barack Obama from "Dreams of my Father" « Ivory Dome

Now, imagine the outrage if he had said that about his black side. He would be called out for a self-hating bum who needs therapy, and not a job at the White House, and rightly so. But if he only hates his white side, that's okay.

And when it came time for the census, what does he do?

Obama Census Choice: African-American

If he had picked "white" on the census, we would have never heard the end of it, even though he is just as white as he is black.

And what does he say about his own mixed heritage?
Obama: New dog could be ‘mutt like me’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I was a mixed kid bullied by blacks who shouted "mutt" amongst other things when they targeted me with their racial hatred. Both I and many other mixed people do not find his using this racial slur to be funny. What if he said he was getting a black lab and that it would be a "darkie, like me"? We would have never heard the end of it.

I am proud to be mixed, and will never in a million years apologize to any white OR black supremacist for what I am. Obama on the other hand is a self hating coward. Just one of the many reasons why he is unfit to be president.

And watch, the black supremacists will try to tear me apart for being proud of being a part of the mulatto/pardo/creole/coloured/baster identity. They will insist I am still black and after hurling insults say I am "a brotha"
Well, that depends on how dark you are. America tends to see you as the color of your skin. You may not identify as such but if you left the store and forgot your keys I bet the employee would describe you as a black man if you are of a darker shade.

Now, if you are light bright.. as we like to say, then sure, you could probably pass.

I'm black, but my grandmother is half white so the majority of my aunts have really light skin. A few could pass if they chose but they identify as black.

IMO it's not really up to the person to identify with who they are... the people surrounding them make the decision for them and if Obama was raised about a bunch of white kids I'm his skin reminded him he was a little different. Also realize an absent parent can turn into an obsession for kids at a young age. The parent that isn't around is viewed as some type of hero or perfect parent because they aren't disciplining them on a day to day basis.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
So Martin Gore of Depeche mode is black? He is actually half black:
By American definition.. yes, he is black.

However, since he was born in the UK he can be whatever he wants to be.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I did not read all the posts but yes, Obama is mixed, not black. His black family in Africa considers him white and he was raised by whites.

But, he is a self-hating mixed man, as his writings prove:
"As I imagined myself following Malcolm X’s call, one line in his book stayed me. He spoke of his wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction."
-Words of Barack Obama from "Dreams of my Father" « Ivory Dome

Now, imagine the outrage if he had said that about his black side. He would be called out for a self-hating bum who needs therapy, and not a job at the White House, and rightly so. But if he only hates his white side, that's okay.

And when it came time for the census, what does he do?

Obama Census Choice: African-American

If he had picked "white" on the census, we would have never heard the end of it, even though he is just as white as he is black.

And what does he say about his own mixed heritage?
Obama: New dog could be ‘mutt like me’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I was a mixed kid bullied by blacks who shouted "mutt" amongst other things when they targeted me with their racial hatred. Both I and many other mixed people do not find his using this racial slur to be funny. What if he said he was getting a black lab and that it would be a "darkie, like me"? We would have never heard the end of it.

I am proud to be mixed, and will never in a million years apologize to any white OR black supremacist for what I am. Obama on the other hand is a self hating coward. Just one of the many reasons why he is unfit to be president.

And watch, the black supremacists will try to tear me apart for being proud of being a part of the mulatto/pardo/creole/coloured/baster identity. They will insist I am still black and after hurling insults say I am "a brotha"
Ehhh...not really. Like i told you on the other bedwetting thread you started, no one gives a damn at the end of the day. Forget about it...that's played out.

In fact, judging from your comments, i wouldn't refer to you as a "brotha" even if you were black as a tire.

You weren't the first and you damn sure won't be the last tragic mulatto. Get in line.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So being half Hispanic makes you Hispanic......half Asian makes you Asian??? the white part is always drowned out??
Hispanic isn't a race. Mitt Romney's Mexican relatives IN Mexico are def "Hispanic" even tho many of them have NO Indian in their ancestry.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default The President is one of many extraordinary black men

He's black and an exceptional President. No way around that.

End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections