Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:20 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,351 times

Advertisements

Obama signs order reversing abortion-funds policy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_abortion_ban - broken link)

President Barack Obama on Friday quietly ended the Bush administration's ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide information on the option. Liberal groups welcomed the decision, while abortion rights foes criticized the president.

I just love this man!

....we should have a right to choose.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 06:02 PM

413 posts, read 562,077 times
Excellent news! Finally something I agree with Obama about.

Alliance for a Sustainable USA (AS-USA), formerly Diversity Alliance for a Sustainable America (DASA)

Old 01-23-2009, 06:05 PM

39 posts, read 679,304 times
Yah, maybe the right to choose to not have sex so you don't become pregnant...oh, that would be to responsible.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:08 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I am with you.
I have always been pro-choice and I will always be pro-choice.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopeedew View Post
Yah, maybe the right to choose to not have sex so you don't become pregnant...oh, that would be to responsible.
Oh, yeah, of couse! you can always tell the rapist you don't want kids....

Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopeedew View Post
That's always a choice and if people want to be abstinent/celibate...fine with me.
At the same time, what about a woman who is raped?
What about a woman who ended up pregnant and now finds out that her pregnancy is threatening her life and/or health?
Should she die because you feel a lump of cells > her life?
I don't think so....

Why should a woman have to carry her rapists fetus to term because you feel that fetus > the pain and suffering she will be reminded of every day as that fetus develops?

I guess it was a blessing I was as young as I was when I was raped because if some people had their way, I would have had to carry that fetus to term knowing every single day the reason why I was pregnant is because some piece of **** raped me.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
Obama signs order reversing abortion-funds policy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_abortion_ban - broken link)

President Barack Obama on Friday quietly ended the Bush administration's ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide information on the option. Liberal groups welcomed the decision, while abortion rights foes criticized the president.

I just love this man!

....we should have a right to choose.......
Isn't it awesome? We Americans have finally figured out how to have people smiling as they commit genocide. Nothing better for our national security the population control in others....

Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Good decision. Now the government won't be interfering in a woman's right to choose.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Isn't it awesome? We Americans have finally figured out how to have people smiling as they commit genocide. Nothing better for our national security the population control in others....
yeah I know!!! Isn't it great!!!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 06:45 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I am with you.
I have always been pro-choice and I will always be pro-choice.
Is abortion an issue for a "Lez" or am I misreading your name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections