Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan61
Ran me outta Michigan too.
Me too! Well, this spring, that is. When she was reelected, I finally learned how the Democrats felt after Bush was re-elected. (something like ) I think Jenny's a decent person, but she really has done a dismal job for our state, and I for one am thankful for term limits so she can leave, otherwise, I believe she'd get re-elected.

I can't stand the national GOP as it is now, but I would GLADLY vote for any GOP candidate for governor. Unfortunately, I won't be here to be part of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Kwame Kilpatrick was voted into office twice too, speaks volumes, don't it?
Ridiculous comparison...or is Granholm getting ready to resign and plead guilty to a couple felonies?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:10 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Ridiculous comparison...or is Granholm getting ready to resign and plead guilty to a couple felonies?
oops, sorry http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

let me make it easier for you, George Bush.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:24 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Quote:
I'm obviously not a resident of Michigan but the simple fact that Granholm was reelected to a second term speaks volumes....and it says the garbage being strewn around this thread speaks only for the minority of the good people of Michigan.

Well, let's wait for others that actually live (or have lived) in Michigan under her rule to chime in before we call it garbage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Well, let's wait for others that actually live (or have lived) in Michigan under her rule to chime in before we call it garbage.
Thank you.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,354 times
Quote:
I'm obviously not a resident of Michigan but the simple fact that Granholm was reelected to a second term speaks volumes....and it says the garbage being strewn around this thread speaks only for the minority of the good people of Michigan.
Upton,

Seriously, Granholm is an awful Gov., Michigan has just been sliding down hill for a long time...She was charged with trying to stem the tide and just couldn't do it...I know, I was born and raised in Det...Spent 26 years there...

Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM

3,087 posts, read 1,076,431 times
She's a big flop, didn't do anything she promised. Made things worse, now expects the feds to do her job because she can't. She blames everything on people before her, but after 6 years that's a lame excuse. It's became much worse under her watch. I blame the voters though, after the first four terrible years, they wanted to be blown away some more!
She got in waaay over her head. Hopefully she won't end up in Washington somewhere, but that wouldn't surprise me, the way it is there she would fit right in.
I have lived here 46 years and it is not garbage being strewn around on this thread, it's the truth!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,518,523 times
Given the fact that Michigan's economy is in the toilet and not looking to improve any time soon unfortunately, why in the world would the nice people of Michigan vote for someone like this who has done nothing for their state?

Old 02-04-2009, 06:12 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Michigan is heavily Unionized. ( Auto industry - remember? )

Democrat's are good for unions. When unions tell Michigan's labor force to vote for a Democrat, they do it. As it turns out, unions have screwed up the auto industry and Michigan's economy.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:46 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
She's a big flop, didn't do anything she promised. Made things worse, now expects the feds to do her job because she can't. She blames everything on people before her, but after 6 years that's a lame excuse. It's became much worse under her watch. I blame the voters though, after the first four terrible years, they wanted to be blown away some more!
She got in waaay over her head. Hopefully she won't end up in Washington somewhere, but that wouldn't surprise me, the way it is there she would fit right in.
I have lived here 46 years and it is not garbage being strewn around on this thread, it's the truth!
I agree, she reminds me of a senator from Illinois who is now POTUS.
This morning on GMA, they were talking about being able to buy a car or a home in Muskegon for the same price...$13,000.00. It is so disturbing to watch the state fall on such horrible financial times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections