Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:25 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,064 times

Advertisements

Public Support for Economic Recovery Plan Slips to 42%

Forty-two percent (42%) of the nation’s likely voters now support the president’s plan, roughly one-third of which is tax cuts with the rest new government spending.

Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Site. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/general_business/public_support_for_economic_recovery_plan_slips_to _42 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
the tax cuts are a bad idea.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
It will continue to slide as people begin tio understand that it is anything but a stimulus package.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It will continue to slide as people begin tio understand that it is anything but a stimulus package.
Continue to slide as long as folks depend on filters instead of reading the legislation itself. If the ever abundance of ignorance about the legislation is only a fraction of the what I've read on these boards....

Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
It should be a LOT lower than this and will be once the people know what a dud the House package was.

The stimulus package will be much better than the House version as it will incorporate a mix of tax cuts and spending.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the tax cuts are a bad idea.
If you like high taxes and wasteful spending, it's good that you live in California!

Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
If you like high taxes and wasteful spending, it's good that you live in California!
reduce spending and increase revenue is sound business practice.
sorry you dont like the coast. here is a picture of what it looks like right now.
wait a second.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Continue to slide as long as folks depend on filters instead of reading the legislation itself. If the ever abundance of ignorance about the legislation is only a fraction of the what I've read on these boards....
Said it before and I'll say it again.
Take the pork out, leave the pork out and make it valid legeslation.
50 mill for the arts is hardly about helping the economy. Buying new gov cars is not about the economy. Nor are the many other pork projects attached to it. We have a system in place to get these other things approved .
I am fine with the global warming measures to a point. The point to invest in developing green technologies.
How much to redo the mall at the white house again? This is a pork package at best.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Said it before and I'll say it again.
Take the pork out, leave the pork out and make it valid legeslation.
50 mill for the arts is hardly about helping the economy. Buying new gov cars is not about the economy. Nor are the many other pork projects attached to it. We have a system in place to get these other things approved .
I am fine with the global warming measures to a point. The point to invest in developing green technologies.
How much to redo the mall at the white house again? This is a pork package at best.
Define pork. To give you an idea... redoing the mall isn't pork. It will create jobs. Don't agree with me? No... angels aren't going to descend to get it done. Do you even know what redoing involves?

It appears to me that misinformation from right wing propaganda machine is succeeding. And that anything and everything that isn't tax cut is pork.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:32 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Define pork. To give you an idea... redoing the mall isn't pork. It will create jobs. Don't agree with me? No... angels aren't going to descend to get it done. Do you even know what redoing involves?
Exactly; Jobs are temporary. Jobs are something you do in high school or college to stay afloat, jobs do not last. What we need are careers, something more permanent, NOT something to get approval ratings up or to reward your friends for helping you get elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections