Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:18 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I have said anything about the American economy other than the debt America owes to China?
That's why I used the word "suspect". Is it true or not? Are you for or against drilling in ANWAR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 03:06 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
Quote:
It seems, from previous posts, that you care little for conserving the American economy.
Word "suspect"

As for Anwar, if every building in America had a white roof we would save more energy than America will get from Anwar. You do the math.

Actually a pretty odd question, one's political reasoning is based solely upon approval or disapproval of drilling in Anwar

Old 03-19-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Word "suspect"

As for Anwar, if every building in America had a white roof we would save more energy than America will get from Anwar. You do the math.

Actually a pretty odd question, one's political reasoning is based solely upon approval or disapproval of drilling in Anwar
I'll take your refusal to answer as a "NO", as I suspected. Actually this is a very telling question as to whether you cherish a small piece of the Alaskan wildlife over a step toward national energy independence.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 PM

No, it was a stereotypical rightwing question. A.... canard of the Limbaughites.
My answer was a good one, the inference being that there is no drilling required if the nation conserved. If this poor perishing Republic had done what Carter proposed and Reagan eviscerated we could do without northslope.... and Arab oil and this country would be far better of.

Look, if you did a bit of reading you would find that it is the Alaska politicians that want the drilling,, the oil companies are not champing at the bit, they are not convinced there is enough oil to justify the expense.

We could have had energy independence, but the Reaganites killed it. Then you must ask yourself, in whose benefit is our oil dependency? mmm...

I far prefer animals to people. I hunt, I like my landscapes wild. That said, all my rigs are 4x4 trucks, the best gas mileage vehicle is the Jeep which gets 16 mpg on the highway. I figure the sooner we burn up all the oil the better off we will all be.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
No, it was a stereotypical rightwing question. A.... canard of the Limbaughites.
My answer was a good one, the inference being that there is no drilling required if the nation conserved. If this poor perishing Republic had done what Carter proposed and Reagan eviscerated we could do without northslope.... and Arab oil and this country would be far better of.

Look, if you did a bit of reading you would find that it is the Alaska politicians that want the drilling,, the oil companies are not champing at the bit, they are not convinced there is enough oil to justify the expense.

We could have had energy independence, but the Reaganites killed it. Then you must ask yourself, in whose benefit is our oil dependency? mmm...

I far prefer animals to people. I hunt, I like my landscapes wild. That said, all my rigs are 4x4 trucks, the best gas mileage vehicle is the Jeep which gets 16 mpg on the highway. I figure the sooner we burn up all the oil the better off we will all be.
Your answer was no only incommensurate, but evasive. Whether there are other means toward energy independence has no bearing on whether you would support drilling in ANWAR. As you must know, conservation doesn't work, as evidenced by your use of low efficiency vehicles.

BTW, I don't listen to Limbaugh.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:19 PM

Conservation will work fine once we have burned all the oil, and my answer was accurate. I would rather see the landscape wild, I am against oil well drilling outside urban landscapes. By using gas guzzling vehicles I am doing my part to welcome the new age of conservation, it will be here one day. If I had my way every American would be required to drive 1957 era GMC autos. The A-rabs will get to go back to chasing each other around the desert swing ing their scimitars and we can go hunting.

Did you get your elk this year? Incidentally as a mark of my apparently obvious liberalism, if you hunt with me, you may not use a scope, only open sights, if you can't stalk you can't hunt.

No spotters, no nylon tents, no RV's no quads, no gps, no sat phones.

Just pack animals and time, lots of time.

No nylon tack, leather and cotton.

Dang, sounds pretty liberal to me.

See here is the problem as I see it, the socalled conservatives aren't. They are at best hypocrites, they say one thing and do another. In the wild, that dog don't hunt.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:32 PM

Yes. As I see it your description of "hunting" is quite conservative, sorta Nugent-esque. However, have you considered the possible damage to the environment caused by burning up all of the fossil fuels? I suspect that your efforts to "burn up" all oil is only a smokescreen to justify your use of these inefficient vehicles while maintaining your liberal environmental views. But, I could be wrong.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Now that was an example of grasping at straws. Liberal environmental views,, Yup,, me and Teddy,,, Roosevelt, his picture hangs above my woodstove,, O,, dang, it puts out smoke,, what was I thinking. And all the emissions from my 2 stroke chainsaw.. Oh no,, where do I turn?

My environmental views are real simple, Conserve. Conserve the land, Conserve the air, Conserve the water. toss in, Conserve our soldiers lives, bring them home. Conserve the taxpayers money, cut spending, stop borrowing. Now, I burn gas burners because I need to. Your little neon could not get to my property half the year. I plow a mile of road to the country road, little high mpg Japanese rigs can't do it. Neither can they pull a stock trailer. Now I suppose I could get a Subaru, but I don't buy Japanese cars. Even the wife and kids drive trucks.

I will leave the hybrids to you

Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,856 times
Quote:
Now that was an example of grasping at straws. Liberal environmental views,, Yup,, me and Teddy,,, Roosevelt, his picture hangs above my woodstove,, O,, dang, it puts out smoke,, what was I thinking. And all the emissions from my 2 stroke chainsaw.. Oh no,, where do I turn?

My environmental views are real simple, Conserve. Conserve the land, Conserve the air, Conserve the water. toss in, Conserve our soldiers lives, bring them home. Conserve the taxpayers money, cut spending, stop borrowing. Now, I burn gas burners because I need to. Your little neon could not get to my property half the year. I plow a mile of road to the country road, little high mpg Japanese rigs can't do it. Neither can they pull a stock trailer. Now I suppose I could get a Subaru, but I don't buy Japanese cars. Even the wife and kids drive trucks.

I will leave the hybrids to you
Very well put. I couldn't agree more.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,593 times
No way. His ideas are terrible. The US has its own problems. Pledging education and a measily 5bill for "world poverty" is one of the most unfounded ideas someone can think up. Edwards is just a globalist that wants to make the US even worse off than its becoming. At the forefront its good inentions, behind it is economic prosperity for business interests not humane. If everyone worried about their own countries they could solve a lot more problems then such generalizations. When people like Edwards do that it makes me think they're missing critical thinking components in their brain. His agenda meant for good inentions, is part of the problem. They're trying to make the US part of the New World Order. I dont want or need it. I think every country should be sovereign without a global dictatorship. That's not a new idea. Its been around for thousand of years. Every empire conquers others and goes on to become like the old Roman Empire. From Imperial business, to Imperial religion, to Imperial ethics, Imperial laws, Imperial courts. Im not with it. Im with a grass roots revival of what this country was foudned on. Putting those good inentions into raising our quality of life and progressing as a society. But not towards a global Imperial utopian system. That's madness at this point. Its totally unfounded and if history teaches us anything it teaches us not to put all your eggs in one basket in this circumstance. Every thing that this system proposes can be done without unifying and ratifying our sovreign nations. If they cant solve those problems then they definitely will not be able to do so on a global scale. The driving force behind it is power and control. Its hidden behind good intenions and smiling faces. All they're proposing is to water down all things and create more barriers than they solve. Which is exactly wht it would do after the cultural curtain wears out and the propserity of buregoning countries slides off. There are boundaries for a reason. Its critical that these people understand that and maintain that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections