Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 PM

72 posts, read 225,670 times

Advertisements

O- One
B- Big
A- A*%
M- Mistake
A- America

Can't really say much more than that- ObamCare is going to bankrupt us-Moody's has already warned the US to reduce it's deficits or lose it's Triple A rating- lose that rating it will cost us more to service our debt- a 2.5 trillion dollar government takeover- there are cheaper ways to cover the 15 million people uninsured thru tax credits and other means- I called my home office today to inquire how ObamaCare would affect the company I work for- the plan administrator told me rates will go up almost immediately because the company will need to get ahead of the curve- many doctors will be quitting the profession which will reduce the discounts companies like United Healthcare can negotiate because there is less competition- and normal procedures will cost more. Plan on your rates going up 15 to 20% all for the sake of Obama and his desire to ignore the will of the people. Also, Obama's plan does not take affect for 4 years but we start paying for it immediately. It's kind of like buying a car and paying for it for 4 years before you can drive it. What a joke- wake up America soon to be a Banana Republic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
After seeing the amount of money we send to other countries, I am convinced we could pay down the national debt if the IRS would keep record of money that was donated to them to pay for any future tax mistakes one might accidently make and forget about the unfair interest one has to pay just from a lack of knowledge and making a mistake when filing. Our government takes some honest taxpayers to the cleaners and it needs to be stopped.

It would also help if our country adopted the same rules a family has to adopt when they run into financial problems. Spend for necessary things only. A cell phone for people on welfare is not a necessary expense. And I don't really like this idea but if people cannot provide for their own children, the children need to be put in an orphanage or adopted by those who will take care of them. No more career welfare mothers! And yes, as I said, I really don't like the idea, but do not spend government money to support a parent's drug habbit while the children go hungry. This practice accomplishes nothing; it is just a revolving door that produces the same practice in the next generation. Put the children in a well-run home and at least give them a fighting chance. I am sure the parents would find some way to survive.

We also need to let the capitalism be capitalism and stop the government from messing in business. It is all right to keep things honest, but whether your company goes bankrupt or not should have nothing to do with use of taxpayer money. Nothing should be too big to fail and companies should not have the government twisting the arms of banks, etc. trying to get them to operate with unhealthy business practices to help anyone buy anything. This government practice has never worked for our good nor will it ever work for our country's good. Which car dealership stays in business should have nothing to do with how much money they donated to anyones campaign either.

The same goes for college employees too. No college should get any special treatment or financing because some relative of an important person living on capitol hill needs a job. And no state should have special treatment about anything in order to get their representatives vote on ANY issue being voted on in congress. That should be considered treason.

Healthcare should be a personal responsibility and not a government problem. The same goes for food, clothing, housing, etc. We have the promise to be able to seek life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but I have never seen anything that says we have the right to these things without providing them for ourselves.

Last edited by NCN; 03-17-2010 at 10:54 PM..

Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
lookat the plan. In order to insure peopleand keep the CBO scoring they paln on dumping a large part of unisred into medicaid.They are raising the income levels to do thsi to qauilfy. That means shfiting burden in outgoing years to sates as they pay a learger amount. That means that sates must increase spending to get nera term sup[port starign for a few years in 2014. That emans that sates wioll have to raise money to pay for it. They only have taxes;feesor deep cuts in other programs.Because its not a increase in federal spening its not scored as liablity by CBO.The of sourse there is the 500 billion in medicare cuts or savings. Since no such savings used to score have ever come true that is up in the air really.Tyefunding is the aprt that many woorry about and think will be much higher than CBO scored it. CBO has to rely on prejstions given by congress on such things in scoring which is why many thik its going to cost much more thn preojected.In the end it has to come from somewhere and right now the hits are on rich ;corporations and small business. Who do you thnik is left?Look at europe to see the taxes and fees they pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections