Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,390 times

Advertisements

Eyewitness News Poll Shows Rep. Patrick Kennedy Vulnerable in Nov | Campaign 2010 | WPRI.com

It looks like the good people of Rhode Island are feeling no love for Patches Kennedy. Soaring unfavorability ratings and plummeting approval ratings add up to a loss in 2010. If we're all lucky 2010 will see no Kennedys in Congress for the first time in nearly 60 years, a prospect that has the Kennedy clan quite concerned (and emptying the liquor cabinet). Let us pray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 02:48 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,473,387 times
LOL, no he isn't. Patrick's #'s have never been all that high, but he has always gotten re-elected. Not to mention some of the somebody else is likely some other Democrat. Lets see how Kennedy polls against other Republicans and then get back to me.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Buddying up with Hugo Chavez has its price.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Not good numbers;

Quote:
The WPRI-12 poll showed the Rhode Island Democrat with a 56 percent unfavorability rating in his district - a negative that grows to 62 percent statewide.

Only 35 percent of voters in Kennedy’s district said they would vote to re-elect him. Another 31 percent said they’d consider a different candidate and 28 percent said they would vote to replace him, according to the poll.
Ripe for the picking.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:50 PM

97 posts, read 110,776 times
A poll of him vs anybody in the world isn't enough to convince me he is vulnerable. It's easy to say you will consider another candidate, but many of those people will still likely side with Kennedy because any other candidate is only human as well. At the same time though, I also would not rule out another Scott Brown-like upset if Loughlin is a strong candidate. There's a lot that goes down before November, I mean Brown pulled ahead of Coakley from trailing her in the double digits all in less than a month. Scott Brown's victory also was aided largely from out of state donors who were all focused on the special election. This will not be the case in November when everyone is focused on their own elections at home. Either way, it's good too see a revival of the New England brand of Republican. If the GOP capitalizes on the popularity of moderate republicans in blue districts/states, they probably could retake congress or come pretty close. That was the strategy Dems used to gain power in 2006

Old 02-08-2010, 10:47 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Eyewitness News Poll Shows Rep. Patrick Kennedy Vulnerable in Nov | Campaign 2010 | WPRI.com

It looks like the good people of Rhode Island are feeling no love for Patches Kennedy. Soaring unfavorability ratings and plummeting approval ratings add up to a loss in 2010. If we're all lucky 2010 will see no Kennedys in Congress for the first time in nearly 60 years, a prospect that has the Kennedy clan quite concerned (and emptying the liquor cabinet). Let us pray.
So far I don't have a high opinion on the Kennedy's other than that they were always willing to serve the public in politics, but mostly to serve their own ego....

If a Kennedy would come in years who has good credentials, a clean sheet, etc...I wouldn't mind if we would get a new Kennedy, but so far it has been drugs, sex, DUI's, etc... not something to be very proud off....

Old 02-08-2010, 11:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymd View Post
A poll of him vs anybody in the world isn't enough to convince me he is vulnerable. It's easy to say you will consider another candidate, but many of those people will still likely side with Kennedy because any other candidate is only human as well. At the same time though, I also would not rule out another Scott Brown-like upset if Loughlin is a strong candidate. There's a lot that goes down before November, I mean Brown pulled ahead of Coakley from trailing her in the double digits all in less than a month. Scott Brown's victory also was aided largely from out of state donors who were all focused on the special election. This will not be the case in November when everyone is focused on their own elections at home. Either way, it's good too see a revival of the New England brand of Republican. If the GOP capitalizes on the popularity of moderate republicans in blue districts/states, they probably could retake congress or come pretty close. That was the strategy Dems used to gain power in 2006
I don't feel the good people of my Home State, would elect Kennedy just because of who he is. Like in Mass, the good people have plainly had enough, regardless of the State they live in. We need someone who has a clear vision, of how, to get this economy going, and not talk about it, but actually do it. Fix our job losses, and this downhill housing market. People are just now focused on our economy, and seeing to it, that it get's better. There was so much talk, during Obama's many campaign speeches, of a prosperous and growing economy, if he were to be elected, i yet to see this happen on his watch.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Can't get excited until I see who they want to replace him with.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:33 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Looks like Kennedy has pullout fo the race for reelction.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:16 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymd View Post

Tell that to my Rhode Island Relatives. And there is a lot of them. They are not voting for him, they don't like him. They want any one new. They don't think he has really helped the State that much at all. Talked to my Aunt tonight, she said, he's got to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections