Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:13 PM

37,814 posts, read 41,116,416 times

Advertisements

I watched the primary nastiness last year when McCain and Huckabee (two real nasties) double teamed against Romney. It was ugly. While Chris Matthews was geting tingles up his leg for Obama, I voted for Romney in the GOP primary because who I really wanted had dropped out. Then I did what McCain's mother told us disenchanted conservatives to do. I held my nose and voted for her son over Mr Experience-Lite Radical in the general election. Now this Romney endorsement followed by a "right back at ya, sweat pea," McCain kiss...

"Romney said in a statement Tuesday the Arizona senator's 'record of service and sacrifice for America is honored by all.' The former Massachusetts governor added, 'It's hard to imagine the U.S. Senate without John McCain.'" McCain replied: 'Gov. Romney is among the brightest and most dynamic leaders in our party, and I am proud to have his support.'"

Oh, get a hotel room. <Barf, Barf>

Romney backs former rival McCain for re-election - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100223/ap_on_el_se/us_romney_mccain - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 PM

22,221 posts, read 19,532,347 times
Ahh what a race we have here, some guy who is flip flopping all over himself in order to move further right in order to starve off a Primary challenge from the right against Abramoff's buddy.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I watched the primary nastiness last year when McCain and Huckabee (two real nasties) double teamed against Romney. It was ugly. While Chris Matthews was geting tingles up his leg for Obama, I voted for Romney in the GOP primary because who I really wanted had dropped out. Then I did what McCain's mother told us disenchanted conservatives to do. I held my nose and voted for her son over Mr Experience-Lite Radical in the general election. Now this Romney endorsement followed by a "right back at ya, sweat pea," McCain kiss...

"Romney said in a statement Tuesday the Arizona senator's 'record of service and sacrifice for America is honored by all.' The former Massachusetts governor added, 'It's hard to imagine the U.S. Senate without John McCain.'" McCain replied: 'Gov. Romney is among the brightest and most dynamic leaders in our party, and I am proud to have his support.'"

Oh, get a hotel room. <Barf, Barf>

Romney backs former rival McCain for re-election - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100223/ap_on_el_se/us_romney_mccain - broken link)
who was your choice in 2008? I bet the same as ours. As for McCain, we voted for him just like you did. personally I can't stand him, this goes back to something that he was part of which affected my husband good friend and old boss. We will never forget that. Now, any support I would have given Romney is gone, not that I would have given him much..

Nita

Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who was your choice in 2008? I bet the same as ours. As for McCain, we voted for him just like you did. personally I can't stand him, this goes back to something that he was part of which affected my husband good friend and old boss. We will never forget that. Now, any support I would have given Romney is gone, not that I would have given him much..

Nita
I can't stand McCain and while I would never vote in a GOP Primary I do find a bit odd that someone who went down in 06 because of his connections to Abramoff is getting so much support from the right.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,973,558 times
The GOP needs to wake up.........they are going to force us to go Independent. I was suprised that Romney would just support the same ole' people, and not try to bring something new to the table this is disappointing. I had hopes for Romney , but now I don't think he will do America any better.

Maybe, that Rapper that was angey with Romney on the plane, saw something we haven't!!

Old 02-23-2010, 09:34 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,337,675 times
Romney has no love for McCain but Romney is already running for president already so he's playing the I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine game. He'll expect a payback down the road.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Romney has no love for McCain but Romney is already running for president already so he's playing the I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine game. He'll expect a payback down the road.
I know what each of them are up to but considering what went down in the primaries, it makes me want to stick my finger down my throat and puke. And you know what? If Tax Hike Mike Huckabee (whined about the CPAC vote not being fair) decides to run, McCain will throw Romney under the bus for his true love, Huckabee, making Romney look pitiful.

McCain is too old to be President now but the real scary person probably considering getting in the race is Mike Huckabee. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing. I really, really, really don't like him. I think he's the Republican equivalent of John Edwards only not as wussy and not scandalous, just a real phony and mean, and if you say they are all like that then I think he's more obviously putting on an act than the rest of them. My opinion, of course.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I can't stand McCain and while I would never vote in a GOP Primary I do find a bit odd that someone who went down in 06 because of his connections to Abramoff is getting so much support from the right.
Me too. I will add, I would be shocked if Romney gets the nomination, but I didn't think McCain would either.

Laura, a lot of Republicans think the same about Huckabee as you do. I happen to see him differently, but then, we didn't live in this neck of the woods when he was governor. Whether he will run or not, he says NO, I am not sure he wants to give up all the money he is making working for FOX, we will have a better idea in about 10 months or sooner. As soon as the first week on November is past, candidates will start popping up from everywhere..
Nita

Old 02-24-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Me too. I will add, I would be shocked if Romney gets the nomination, but I didn't think McCain would either.

Laura, a lot of Republicans think the same about Huckabee as you do. I happen to see him differently, but then, we didn't live in this neck of the woods when he was governor. Whether he will run or not, he says NO, I am not sure he wants to give up all the money he is making working for FOX, we will have a better idea in about 10 months or sooner. As soon as the first week on November is past, candidates will start popping up from everywhere..
Nita
If you want to compare McCain's old boyfriend (Huckabee) to his new boyfriend (Romney):

Romney and Huckabee: Club for Growth Comparisons - HUMAN EVENTS

The article is from 2007.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Nita
Generally agree, although I was referring to the right wingers embracing of the corrupt Abramoff sock puppet in Hayworth. It really shows what a complete joke this whole tea party movement is when they choose to align themselves with someone who lost his Congressional seat in 06 as a result of his connections to Jack Abramoff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections