Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 PM

1,693 posts, read 1,531,019 times

Advertisements

Sky News: Greek TV debate descends into chaos=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GFmroBsfGRY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 PM

355 posts, read 977,403 times
That's what you get if you end up voting 1/6th for a nazi party. That's why I'm a big proponent of beating this scum off the streets before they get anywhere that powerful... Garbage attracts more garbage, and these subhumans are too dumb to have any sort of intelligent debate anyways...

Although I'm a big fan of freedom of speech and freedom of assembly, I still think it's a brilliant idea that here in Poland two of those three parties would've been forbidden by our constitution...

Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
F*****g scumbag. He assaults the 2 woman at the table, woman beater. All the men should have pounced on him.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:39 AM

497 posts, read 1,430,612 times
Since British had to intervene to avoid Greece from falling in the Soviet Empire after WWI, Greece has always been a break in the Space-time continuum.
A Nazi scumbag hitting a pro-USSR scumbag.
The should fight to death in a Roman circus.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:51 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
Since British had to intervene to avoid Greece from falling in the Soviet Empire after WWI, Greece has always been a break in the Space-time continuum.
A Nazi scumbag hitting a pro-USSR scumbag.
They should fight to death in a Roman circus.
Conjoncillo, you are simply the best.

However, Greece has been been a break in the space-time continuum long before the British and WWI, probably at least since the time of Constantine and his so-called Balkan wars where, indeed, a real fault-line exists between different phases of Mediterranean and European balances of power (the history of the region from the 300-500s in the Euro/Mediterranean context is fascinating).

In a way, they are indeed fighting it out in the Roman circus. We'll see by 17 June whether the electorate gives one side or the other the thumbs down.

Good Luck!

Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 AM

497 posts, read 1,430,612 times
Greek will vote for Europe, they don't relate with their neighbours and they are separated by water from the only country they feel closeness with. Loosing Greece would be like loosing Bizantium again, but of course, the country will have to change tremendously,

Old 06-08-2012, 04:17 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojoncillo View Post
Greeks will vote for Europe, they don't relate with their neighbours and they are separated by water from the only country they feel closeness with. Losing Greece would be like losing Byzantium again, but of course, the country will have to change tremendously.
I hope you are right (I suppose).

In any case, it is worth remembering that before the invention and mass diffusion of the internal combustion engine, water and wind were the main energy of transportation and the Mediterranean was the SUPERHIGHWAY.

But that was a long time ago, and I agree that the countries of early industrialization will not let Greece go so easily, regardless of whether it exits the euro.

Still, indeed, keeping the euro will imply tremendous changes but which will be a bit less painful, maybe, than the alternatives, or at least the path of least resistence, like water and wind.

Good Luck!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:56 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,958 times
It's in essence no different than what happens in the Taiwanese parliament from time to time...

Old 06-11-2012, 06:05 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
It reminded me of a worse version of the Israeli Parliament where they have heated debates but I don't remember ever seeing or hearing of a physical outburst like in Greece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe