Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 09:40 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdean73 View Post
Well most brits have a shade of brown hair which isnt enough light to be lumped with light brown... usually plain brown or darkbrown hair are the most common. In other northern european countries there are a dominant bulk of people with hair ranging from medium blonde to lightbrown and a noticeable minority of light blondes, which seems to be extremely uncommon to find among british Islanders... also Darkbrown/black is much rarer than places like ireland. About brown eyes, they are quite common among Southern English and Welsh, Much more dark-mixed eyes than some people who never been over the place would imagine... in some areas It's pretty much half of the people having dark or mixed eyes...(hazel).

Think in people like Rusell Brand, Simon Cowell, Orlando Bloom, Colin Farell, Rowan Atkinson, etc they dont only have quite dark hair hair and dark/mixed eyes but they also dont look stereotypically northern european... they look like remmanents from the bronze age.. I'd say a lot of british genetics is Neolithic.
Brown hair is the commonest hair shade not only in the British Isles, but all over Northern Europe! The most common hair colour of British Islanders is mousy hair and the most common eye colour in the British Isles is blue and British Islanders have comparatively a lighter skin tone than continental Europeans. The Irish especially are slightly as a whole are even lighter-skinned than the British. The combination of brown hair and light eyes is much more common than that of brown hair and dark eyes within the British Islanders. Contrary to the myth of the "dark Welsh", The Welsh are slightly lighter-eyed than the southern English too. The darkest-eyed region of the British Isles is not Wales, but Southwestern England! Now these are factual studies done by the Scottish Project in 2014 led by Alistair Moffat, leads to the fact that that most British and Irish people have light eyes and mainly blue eyes. The frequency is as follows, 48% blue, 30% green and 22% brown for Britain, this adds up to 78% for light eyes! The Celtic people (Irish, Welsh, Scottish) have a higher frequency of light skin types (I+II) than Scandinavians, Dutch, Germans and obviously Poles. In Ireland, according to a report released in 2013 by the Ministry of Health, over 75% have the "Celtic complexion" (skin type I+II). How can you call these people dark? Are you O.K.?

Old 01-07-2015, 04:50 PM

109 posts, read 235,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Brown hair is the commonest hair shade not only in the British Isles, but all over Northern Europe! The most common hair colour of British Islanders is mousy hair and the most common eye colour in the British Isles is blue and British Islanders have comparatively a lighter skin tone than continental Europeans. The Irish especially are slightly as a whole are even lighter-skinned than the British. The combination of brown hair and light eyes is much more common than that of brown hair and dark eyes within the British Islanders. Contrary to the myth of the "dark Welsh", The Welsh are slightly lighter-eyed than the southern English too. The darkest-eyed region of the British Isles is not Wales, but Southwestern England! Now these are factual studies done by the Scottish Project in 2014 led by Alistair Moffat, leads to the fact that that most British and Irish people have light eyes and mainly blue eyes. The frequency is as follows, 48% blue, 30% green and 22% brown for Britain, this adds up to 78% for light eyes! The Celtic people (Irish, Welsh, Scottish) have a higher frequency of light skin types (I+II) than Scandinavians, Dutch, Germans and obviously Poles. In Ireland, according to a report released in 2013 by the Ministry of Health, over 75% have the "Celtic complexion" (skin type I+II). How can you call these people dark? Are you O.K.?
Depends what you consider brown, blond, red.. there are not strict definitions of what those hair color are.. It all goes down about perception.. the truth is that British Islanders have much darker hair in average than other Northern europeans... heck even in central europe is far more common for people (past puberty) to have full blonde hair.. and I'm talking about Poland, Czech, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia and even regions of Ukraine. Colin farrell isnt dark? Leighton Baines isnt dark? Tom Jones isnt dark? what about simon cowell? are rowan atkinson, orlando bloom and clive owen all jewish? There are plenty of people like that in Britain who tend to have swarthy complexions darker eyes and darkbrown/black hair. Even people I know from surrey told me how dark hair and hazel eyes are far more common than true blondes/blue eyes..

Old 01-08-2015, 12:33 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,468,261 times
Quote:
Depends what you consider brown, blond, red.. there are not strict definitions of what those hair color are.. It all goes down about perception.. the truth is that British Islanders have much darker hair in average than other Northern europeans... heck even in central europe is far more common for people (past puberty) to have full blonde hair.. and I'm talking about Poland, Czech, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia and even regions of Ukraine. Colin farrell isnt dark? Leighton Baines isnt dark? Tom Jones isnt dark? what about simon cowell? are rowan atkinson, orlando bloom and clive owen all jewish? There are plenty of people like that in Britain who tend to have swarthy complexions darker eyes and darkbrown/black hair. Even people I know from surrey told me how dark hair and hazel eyes are far more common than true blondes/blue eyes..
Do you just like rehashing the same thing over and over? There will be 100 page threads discussing this topic and then you come back and it gets started from scratch again.

You also say the same thing and use the same examples constantly. You know enough about genetics and all the studies and so do a lot of other people and you can't be that dense. It's just odd.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:59 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,486,550 times
I love light brown and hazel eye colour.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
The truth is that you are perhaps confusing dark hair with dark complexion. The fact that someone has brown hair, isn't necessarily dark. Yes Colin Farrell has dark hair, but his skin type is not dark. It's skin type III which is the average continental European skin and actually commonest in Central Europe (Czech, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, Ukraine, etc...)! Colin Farrell skin would be slightly relatively dark in comparison to his Irish counterparts who mainly of skin type I and II, but not on the European level. The British Islanders have the highest frequency of pale skin types I and II, higher than the Scandinavians as well, let alone Southern Europeans. There are plenty of people in Central Europe who have Colin Farrell's hair colour. Aleksander Wolszczan (Poland) and his complexion is not too bright either, Edward Flattau (Poland). Beautiful Miss Universe Poland (2006) had dark hair, dark eyes and a skin tone darker than that of Colin Farrell, as the Miss Poland 2008 also had dark hair, dark eyes, and a not so fair skin complexion. Beautiful Miss Poland 2010 Agata Szewiola, dark-eyed, dark-haired. Miss Polonia 2011 is dark-haired too. So what's your point? Dark hair is found in Northern European populations as well, no population maybe 100% blonde or 100% red-haired. In the British Isles, there are also "dark Celtic type", but the majority is light.
Simon Cowell has Polish, Polish-Jewish ancestry on his paternal side and his maternal ancestry is from English. So yes, he could be considered Ashkenaz Jew.

File:Simon Cowell in December 2011.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surrey is in south-eastern England, a region which has lower frequency of blue-eyed people than Wales according to a study done as recently as 2014. However still predominantly light-eyed. Tom Jones has piercing light blue eyes and Atkinson has greenish eyes combined with their dark hair.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Only 22% have brown eyes as a whole, so cannot be called dark.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Are you the OP? It's about time, you get a wake-up call. The indigenous people of the British Isles are by far a predominantly light-complexioned people. This is because British Islanders are Northern Europeans, you know they are located in the very northwestern corner of Europe. It is also a proven scientific fact, by the World Health Organization that the people most vulnerable to skin cancer are light-skinned people or as they put it white Caucasians especially those of Celtic descent! Which population in the world has the highest percentage of people of Celtic ancestry? The British and Irish. Whether you hate British, Irish and white Americans, it doesn't matter, facts are facts. The scientific fact is that among the indigenous people of the British Isles, the commonest eye colour is blue not hazel!!

Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Jamesdean73, the OP or whoever you may be! Switzerland is in Central Europe. Though the majority of Swiss are lighter-skinned than Southern Europeans, brown is the most common hair and eye color.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:13 PM

109 posts, read 235,370 times
Quote:
Jamesdean73, the OP or whoever you may be! Switzerland is in Central Europe. Though the majority of Swiss are lighter-skinned than Southern Europeans, brown is the most common hair and eye color.
And what does it matter? They are germanics, historically and genetically, at least the german-speaking swiss, you probably have no clue and base all your knowledge on what a fat white american wrote 200 years ago.

here is an example of what german-speaking swiss look like:

http://www.mss-sport.ch/fileadmin/da...tian/bild1.jpg

They have very german-type of facial structures and features, and mostly lighter hair that british people lack.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...sallegroup.jpg

typical english students have round celtic faces and mostly brown hair.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 12,021 times
Quote:

81% of irish have light eyes 78% English 80% of scots 74% wales

irish are 51% blue, blue green and blue grey not pure blue and Britain is 48% blue, blue green and blue grey.

while Sweden and Norway are 55% pure blue eyes

both are 88% light eyes more than british aisles and Ireland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe