Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 06:31 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,204 times

Advertisements

Okay, enough is enough. Let's summarize some City-Data facts about ethnic groups:

1. Spaniards and Italians are about as "white" as Nigerians. The ones who look white are in fact Mestizos, who just "pass" for being "white."

2. The populations of the British Isles don't have blond or light hair at all. Only an extremely tiny minority of Scandinavian origin can be perceived as "blonde". Also, Britons look more similar to Romanians or Cypriots than to the Dutch or the Germans. Generally, they don't share a culturally or genetically heritage with the latter.

3. White Americans are mostly mixed-race and "non-white". Although some of them are of pure European ancestry, they are more American Indian than English/Irish/German etc.

4. The Dutch, the Danish and the Swedish are all blond. They are more "Nordic" than the North Pole itself. They are so white and blond that they need to wear sunglasses to be able to see each other in daylight. Brown hair or black hair in those countries is an evidence of recent immigration. Just can't be "native", you know?

5. French-born and "white Algerian" Zinedine Zidane would be considered "Mexican" in rural Utah. He's not white but black obviously.

6. The French and the English look the same. Wayne Rooney looks like he'd be from the Provence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramouchebluez View Post
Zinedine Zidane
This is your white berber? In my country that is called a black or a mexican or an indian, but definetly not white.

God, he looks so Oaxaca or Chihuaha-like. Just missing all the Sombrero, enchilada stuff....

Last edited by brabham12; 06-23-2013 at 06:40 AM..

Old 06-23-2013, 07:06 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
God, he looks so Oaxaca or Chihuaha-like. Just missing all the Sombrero, enchilada stuff....
Here you go:

Old 06-23-2013, 07:42 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
Okay, enough is enough. Let's summarize some City-Data facts about ethnic groups:

1. Spaniards and Italians are about as "white" as Nigerians. The ones who look white are in fact Mestizos, who just "pass" for being "white."

2. The populations of the British Isles don't have blond or light hair at all. Only an extremely tiny minority of Scandinavian origin can be perceived as "blonde". Also, Britons look more similar to Romanians or Cypriots than to the Dutch or the Germans. Generally, they don't share a culturally or genetically heritage with the latter.

3. White Americans are mostly mixed-race and "non-white". Although some of them are of pure European ancestry, they are more American Indian than English/Irish/German etc.

4. The Dutch, the Danish and the Swedish are all blond. They are more "Nordic" than the North Pole itself. They are so white and blond that they need to wear sunglasses to be able to see each other in daylight. Brown hair or black hair in those countries is an evidence of recent immigration. Just can't be "native", you know?

5. French-born and "white Algerian" Zinedine Zidane would be considered "Mexican" in rural Utah. He's not white but black obviously.

6. The French and the English look the same. Wayne Rooney looks like he'd be from the Provence.

It sounds pretty absurd when you put it down in black and white. There is only a tiny minority that thinks like this and it is all not based on anything more than the agenda of a few posters. Maybe even one poster. I think a lot of these posts originate from one person who is a bit obsesssed with blond and blue eyed people. I could name the poster who originates all these threads. They have a few aliases and are allowed to continue with the same spiel on this forum. It is getting very tiresome.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
here you go:
haha LOL!!

Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM

326 posts, read 471,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Examples please?

I don't think Spanish look Latin American, if anything I think they look more French in nature with Arab ancestry in the South, just my opinion though...
they look Mediterranean. they feature alot of features from latin americans (brown eyes, brown hair) but they also feature alot of european feature (light skin, lighter shade hair).

Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 PM

362 posts, read 794,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
It sounds pretty absurd when you put it down in black and white. There is only a tiny minority that thinks like this and it is all not based on anything more than the agenda of a few posters. Maybe even one poster. I think a lot of these posts originate from one person who is a bit obsesssed with blond and blue eyed people. I could name the poster who originates all these threads. They have a few aliases and are allowed to continue with the same spiel on this forum. It is getting very tiresome.
If you are directing that at me...Hey don't try to blame it all on me, some of the points he made we're not from me but other posters.
I don't even know who wayne rooney IS!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 AM

49 posts, read 131,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry12 View Post
they look Mediterranean. they feature alot of features from latin americans (brown eyes, brown hair) but they also feature alot of european feature (light skin, lighter shade hair).

Where are you people from? Papua?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM

49 posts, read 131,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post

Yes, the funny thing is that they create a Europe that does not exist....I mean, they must be from some remote place 18.000 km away from Europe, and somebody told them that their origins are in Europe, so they recreated a totally artificial virtual world using debris extracted from cookish webs such as Stormfront, or the one created by people that believe that Hitler lives in a UFO in the North Pole.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:22 AM

603 posts, read 1,632,127 times
I think Spaniards look like both to be honest.

Spaniards look European Mediterranean proper but also look White Latin American.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM

25 posts, read 115,799 times
Depends, some are related with redhaired Iberians from the Caucasus, haploids Z3f. Some have black nails and problem with their feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe