Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 10:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times

Advertisements

I know lots of people on this forum have either lived in Europe or traveled there, or at the very least have a lot of interest in "things European."

Do you have any favorite music that "takes you to Europe?" If so, please share it!

I found this CD (well, actually it was a cassette tape!) twenty years ago when traveling through eastern Europe during Christmas. It went out of print, and for many years all I had was that one tape and I was so paranoid about losing it and losing this gorgeous music, because I simply couldn't find it anywhere else.

Then a few years ago, I found ONE CD on eBay (nothing anywhere else on this earth apparently) for $35 and ordered it IMMEDIATELY.

This year there are more copies out there, so I think anyone interested could get it easily enough. I found four more CDs and ordered them for family members, who are going to be so thrilled to get them. I mean it - this is THE MOST GORGEOUS MUSIC. It's good actually for any time of year since it doesn't sound like "traditional Christmas music." It's great winter "sit by the fire with a cup of tea" music.

Amazon.com: Christmas in Eastern Europe: Music

It was performed by the Bucharest Madrigal Choir and is totally acapella. It is NOT "typical choral Christmas music" - I can't take much of that. This is very ethereal and absolutely gorgeous. I love going to sleep listening to it - I've never gotten tired of it at all.

Also, any collection of Bach's greatest "hits" always reminds me of traveling through Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe