Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 04:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Russian Folk or classical music/art?

If you want to be specifically Russian oriented I'd go with Russian Musical Art.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 05:20 PM

403 posts, read 221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Oh. thanks. "Art" use for classic music.
Can we somehow correctly translate "музыка, представляющая художественную/культурную ценность"? Interesting music, music is representing value for culture. For example, Vysotsky and Arkhipovsky (balalaika).
"Music that represents Russian artistic & cultural values?" or "artistic and cultural values of Russia"?

Old 03-24-2018, 05:30 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I do not believe at all in the 9/11 False Flag theory, in such hypothetical monstrous government conspiracy something would have been leaked....more realistically I admit the very real possibility of gross negligence in failing to prevent it (this has been almost proved) with some deep state circles maybe doing their best to do not get int he terrorist way.
Security was very loose prior to 9/11. Most of the measures we see in today's airports came about as a result of that incident. It would be much harder to pull that off nowadays. It's not entirely impossible that it was an inside job, though none of the conspiracy theories put forth have any real credibility and have been debunked a number of times by scientists.

The recurrence of the "controlled demolition" theory is what I find ironic. It only shows that many of those spouting out such nonsense don't understand how physics work.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:36 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,107,170 times
Russia=yawn, poison, Damp, corruption, vodka, lies, poverty, no economy , ugly women. I wouldn’t bother with them
Salisbury = beautiful mediaval city ,

Old 03-24-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It's possible that they knew of the plan and just let it occur to hide the fact that they intentionally let them in the country, which has been alleged by some FBI agents. Key hijackers were tracked all over the Middle East and Southeast Asia, and the government suspected they were planning an attack against military targets like the USS Cole bombing. They were staying with government informants, openly funded during their stay by KSA diplomatic personnel, and warned by field offices that they were training to fly jets without any credentials.

Bataclan and 911 are just misdirection by the previous poster because he didn't have sufficient facts about the relevant topic and tried to draw the other writer into another topic to attack his credibility without challenging the facts.

Whataboutism and misdirection are pretty common in the Russian hysteria in the US/UK. The topics and background facts constantly change when the facts don't support the main story. They're moving it along without conceding that their claim was wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
I know you're talking about me so I'll respond.

I find it ironic that you brought up "whataboutism" since there was another poster who mentioned the very same thing on this thread, only with regards to Russia's perception of the west.

There's no Russian hysteria coming from me. I'm not afraid of the country in any way. I just like to call out bs when I see it. Considering that I've already criticized the Iraq War for it's stupidity, you can't say that I'm only targeting Russia.

I was being sarcastic with you in my previous post because of the deep level of entrenchment in conspiracy you keep on peddling. Perhaps it was unwarranted and offensive, but you're hardly the first person to bring it up. There's a publication in Australia called New Dawn that dabbles in similar topics. They always come up with false flag operations from the West, while portraying Russia and China as saints. They don't stop there either with entire articles dedicated to "mind control", ancient alien visitors, alternative science... so you'll have to forgive me for not taking these things seriously.

The reason I specifically targeted you in my response was because you tend to go the extra mile when it comes to portraying western countries as being evil. Perhaps that was not your intention, but your posts come off that way as you often have a habit of posting links and expecting everyone to fall in line with what you are saying.

Even other posters who tend to agree with your position regarding Russia, like Scratt, erasure and Saturno are still somewhat aware of the fact that Russia has engaged in nefarious activities. With you, everything seems to originate from the US,UK or France? There's only one thing separating the US from every other country and that's power. It is stronger therefore it is able to achieve more. Every other country thinks along the same lines. Some may be more successful than others at executing their objective, but that's it.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
...and suddenly Trump actually call Putin to congratulate about the election victory and propose a meeting to discuss the arms race.....
Trump is booting out some Russian diplomats Monday.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Missed this the first time. Russia isn't shackled in the past. They're progressing on many fronts, was there something specific you're referring too?

I think the West is shackled by the past in the form of the Reptilian brain. Look at the actions we've taken in just the last 20 years. We've the technological means to build great cities in space but what do we spend our money on? War. America leads by coercion, intimidation and outright destruction of whole societies.
America, the greatest country on earth, can't do better than that? America can't lead by example? America can't do great things for humanity? Set great examples for other to want to be a part of and follow? Reptile minds rule the west, they lack compassion, they lack common decency and a vision for and of the future. That's not progressive, that's primitive.

Russians are intellectually astute enough to see this and know what it means and the potential for catastrophe a weapon in the hands of a reptile could bring about. They know their history too, call it baggage or whatever you like but their fears are well founded and legitimate as are their actions to date.

The above tells me that you see Russia through the rosey lens of the western perspective, when you look at it that way you don't get the whole picture.
When I said that Russia is shackled to the past, I meant that they haven't come to terms with their past actions. The Soviet period and the actions of Stalin remain major points of contention. They are hardly the only ones though as the Japanese still deny many of their WW2 atrocities or Turkey with it's role in the Armenian Genocide. Compare that with Germany which game to grips with it's past and has moved beyond that to become an economic powerhouse and if it weren't for the restrictions in place, it would likely become a military one.

I'm not gonna pretend like and say that everything America has done was positive, but consider the fact that there hasn't yet been a single world war since the time it became the dominant power. That may change in the future, but I'm going as of 2018.

Your country has been instrumental in getting Europeans to stop bickering among themselves and form a cohesive political and economic union. It gave millions of people the hope and means of achieving a better life. It has helped pioneer globalization and establish organizations that help bridge the world together. It's contribution in the field of IT has been instrumental in setting up the framework for a 21st century economy.

I very much admire your country and raise my hat to the Star Spangled Banner, while at the same time see it's flaws and look at ways to improve them.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:12 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Whether or not it's a ramjet is not verified. No one has seen it doing Mach 10 either. If it is a ramjet it does need to be launched from a moving aircraft or be more than a single stage motor.

Being launched from an aircraft is not a limitation. In fact it is better to do it this way. The MIG31 Foxhound is basically 2 huge engines with wings and a strapped to them. Its one of the most powerful aircraft in the world. It can go from the taxiway of an airfield to 60000 ft in under 4 minutes. From 0 to 60000 ft in 90 seconds.

Do the math.

A plane takes off loaded with one of these missiles in Moscow and launches a missile at Berlin it will hit the target roughly 10 minutes later with devasting results. If it can do mach 10 you won't have to put a tactical nuke on it. It IS a tactical nuke.

If you use highways as airstrips further west you can hit ports and infrastructure all over Europe. You can launch these things by the dozens. The missiles are cheap, accurate, effective and very hard to spot and shoot down.

Most importantly it sends a message to the political elite in Europe. Their homes, families, holdings are not safe. The Russians can hit a mansion on a hill with these and leave a smoking hole where the hill was. No parliament building, government institution, radar site or railyard is immmune from attack.

It's effective. There's no doubt of that.
I've done the math, Ramjets are launched from planes because they can't produce enough thrust from a standing still position. That limits their usefulness to being able to launch from a plane. We can deny Russian aircraft from NATO airspace so this missile is not a big threat to anyone outside of the Baltic states.

Europe is safe and sound under the NATO nuclear shield.

I do doubt its effectiveness and your ability to evaluate stand off weapons systems.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:30 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Sorry I don't believe in these fairy-tales. People that "literally had Russian flags in their cars five years ago," kept on waving them shortly after the coup d'etat. People that used to wave them, but turned bitter afterwards did so NOT because "Putin invaded Ukraine," but because he abandoned and betrayed them.
Shortly after the coup yes. Then when the Russians came for Crimea, Russian flags nearly disappeared. By the time guys were going off to war to fight Russians and seperatists that summer, nobody in Ukraine flew Russian flags unless it was to burn it. This should be obvious but people don't fly the flag of their enemy. Apparently you want to believe that deep down inside, Russian speaking Ukrainians in the east want Putin to invade but I can assure you, that's the opposite of reality and would be a deadly mistake for any Russian foolish enough to act on that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Surre... As if I don't hear/see what's going on there, Odessa including, where you hear now plenty of *Ukrainian dialects,* that are not native for the area at all.
Some people switched to Ukrainian from their native Russian as a matter of national pride. That's why you hear funny sounding Ukrainian dialects there now. I heard them too. I can tell because its kind of mixed. I had to ask one friend to please speak Russian like she used to because I don't understand Ukrainian at all and she didn't even realize that an American wouldn't know both languages (duh). I never heard Ukrainian spoken in Odessa though but I believe you if you say you did. Perhaps you are assuming western Ukrainians moved to the east now, which is hilarious that they would move from the nicer part of the country to the bad part.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:49 PM

403 posts, read 221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Russia=yawn, poison, Damp, corruption, vodka, lies, poverty, no economy , ugly women. I wouldn’t bother with them
Salisbury = beautiful mediaval city ,

....drunk Brit.
Oh, ..OMG, maybe you just had a cup of "made in Russia" chai?

Last edited by Straight Arrow; 03-24-2018 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe