Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2018, 10:46 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
In Kemerovo the govenor has resigned.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dje06HlTXqQ

Those responsible need to be punished.

(...and the latest I hear is that Medvedev's fate is on the ropes)))

So stay tuned)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 11:26 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

(...and the latest I hear is that Medvedev's fate is on the ropes)))

So stay tuned)))
Isn't modernization of Russian business, economics and anti corruption why he gets a paycheck?

Somebody asleep at the switch? Not much progress being made?

Maybe.....................

Old 04-01-2018, 01:42 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
She is a graduate of math and electronics institute in Moscow, a head of "Solidarity" organization, uniting the owners of small and medium business AND a journalist.
So yes, I believe she can understand the safety issues when it comes to construction, unlike the proverbial "janitor Ahmed."
I think it's better to trust people with a specialized education.

Quote:
Maxim... I was following the events in KEMEROVO, not what bloggers of the garden variety in Moscow were saying/doing.
As a person who received the political asylum from the Soviet system, I never thought I'd live to times, when I'd have to admit that Russian "left forces" make more sense than anyone else.
Old wisdom: If you are not interested in something, then something will interest in you (Если вы не интересуетесь чем-то, это что-то может заинтересоваться вами).

Events in Kemerovo is result of activities of these bloggers.
1. Ukrainian calls morgue of Kemerovo and starts the rumor.
2. Opposition bloggers pick up rumors and spread the fake. There is an avalanche of reposts.
3. Residents of Kemerovo believe in these reposts, angry crowd goes to the rally.
4. Opposition uses the situation to blame authorities.

Old 04-01-2018, 01:45 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Alec, I found a good clip for you. Do not be grateful.

https://youtu.be/FnnzHIPhGhw

Spoiler

...Тут ледяная пустыня, тут Сомали в снегу
Величие, мощь и гордыня одиозных фигур
Все куда-то бегут, все покорно молчат
Искренне верят, что проще всё это не замечать

Тут ледяная пустыня, тут Сомали в снегу
Караваны пусты, остались на том берегу
Просто детей берегут, тут верят, надеются, ждут,
Что ледяная пустыня вновь превратится в тайгу...
(с)

Old 04-01-2018, 05:38 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Pretty funny, true or not. But one should always check their social media even if in a coma.

Yulia logged into VK while in coma

Old 04-01-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Isn't modernization of Russian business, economics and anti corruption why he gets a paycheck?

Somebody asleep at the switch? Not much progress being made?

Maybe.....................
I more or less understand why Putin is getting his paycheck ( and then some more.)
Why THIS idiot and clown gets his paycheck - I have no idea.
I assume for his loyalty and ability to keep his mouth shut.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:17 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Pretty funny, true or not. But one should always check their social media even if in a coma.

Yulia logged into VK while in coma
It could not possibly be that the British detectives logged into her account to investigate. It must be that the entire thing was a conspiracy to throw out Russian "diplomats"

Old 04-01-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I think it's better to trust people with a specialized education.
You want to hear what someone with "specialized education" has to say on a subject?
Then read and weep Maxim.

https://www.facebook.com/nikolay.gri...86698678053250

This particular guy used to work in Russian construction, specifically with safety installations ( fire prevention including.) Now ( I assume) he works in the US, so go ahead and see what he has to say on this matter.
Skipping all the technical details, the bottom line is still the same; business is after profits in Russia, and cuts the safety features as much as it can. It's up to officials to enforce the rules and regulations, but if the officials are corrupt and get the kickbacks from business owners, average people die as the result of it. (BUSINESS is not going to regulate itself, because as I've said its primary goals are profits.)
And that's what we saw in Kemerovo.

Quote:
Old wisdom: If you are not interested in something, then something will interest in you (Если вы не интересуетесь чем-то, это что-то может заинтересоваться вами).

Events in Kemerovo is result of activities of these bloggers.
1. Ukrainian calls morgue of Kemerovo and starts the rumor.
2. Opposition bloggers pick up rumors and spread the fake. There is an avalanche of reposts.
3. Residents of Kemerovo believe in these reposts, angry crowd goes to the rally.
4. Opposition uses the situation to blame authorities.
Actually, it's the OTHER WAY AROUND Maxim.
To begin with - people don't believe the authorities ( no matter where they are - be that Moscow or Kemerovo.) If people would believe the authorities to begin with ( and the figures the authorities voiced in this case in Kemerovo,) NO ONE would listen to some bloggers from Moscow.
But while receiving the contradicting information from the local officials and *Moscow bloggers,* the Siberians decided to do a logical and reasonable thing - to appoint their own people to check the morgues ( and other possible locations) to establish the true number of victims. Once they did that, the fact has been established. The officials were correct in this case ( at least as far as we know.)
Siberians are no Moscow's bloggers and "hamsters" you see. And this is the reason I was keeping my eye on Kemerovo, not Moscow.
But as far as Moscow goes - I can only re-post this -

( English captioning is available here I guess. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8PmgPW_AI

^
P.S. I've heard that Shnur(ov) came up with a new federal proposal recently; he said that people in Russia shouldn't be allowed to purchase vodka unless they get university diplomas.

Discuss.

Last edited by erasure; 04-01-2018 at 07:46 PM..

Old 04-01-2018, 07:48 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times
Quote:
You want to hear what someone with "specialized education" has to say on a subject?
Then read and weep Maxim.

https://www.facebook.com/nikolay.gri...86698678053250

This particular guy used to work in Russian construction, specifically with safety installations ( fire prevention including.) Now ( I assume) he works in the US, so go ahead and see what he has to say on this matter.
Skipping all the technical details, the bottom line is still the same; business is after profits in Russia, and cuts the safety features as much as it can. It's up to officials to enforce the rules and regulations, but if the officials are corrupt and get the kickbacks from business owners, average people die as the result of it. (BUSINESS is not going to regulate itself, because as I've said its primary goals are profits.)
And that's what we saw in Kemerovo.

Actually, it's the OTHER WAY AROUND Maxim.
To begin with - people don't believe the authorities ( no matter where they are - be that Moscow or Kemerovo.) If people would believe the authorities to begin with ( and the figures the authorities voiced in this case in Kemerovo,) NO ONE would listen to some bloggers from Moscow.
But while receiving the contradicting information from the local officials and *Moscow bloggers,* the Siberians decided to do a logical and reasonable thing - to appoint their own people to check the morgues ( and other possible locations) to establish the true number of victims. Once they did that, the fact has been established. The officials were correct in this case ( at least as far as we know.)
Siberians are no Moscow's bloggers and "hamsters" you see. And this is the reason I was keeping my eye on Kemerovo, not Moscow.
But as far as Moscow goes - I can only re-post this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8PmgPW_AI

^
P.S. I've heard that Shnur(ov) came up with a new federal proposal recently; he said that people in Russia shouldn't be allowed to purchase vodka unless they get university diplomas.

Discuss.
seems a bit hypocritical considering his songs pretty much tells people to not worry about their problems because they can just drink them away. If he really wants to combat alcoholism maybe he shouldn't have alcoholics in every music video of his,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ugivNRYfjc

or perhaps he is trying some reverse psychology in his videos?

Old 04-01-2018, 09:03 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
It could not possibly be that the British detectives logged into her account to investigate. It must be that the entire thing was a conspiracy to throw out Russian "diplomats"
You have to read the body of the article to get the point.

The move wasn't successful. Most countries only removed one diplomatic staff member as a symbolic gesture. There are apparently conciliatory moves on the part of the US-UK behind the scenes according to the statement by the US ambassador.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe