Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 11:49 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Right Sector had to show up at the Churchs.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9Hdyy_1547072707
No doubt the Russian propaganda machine reflects the mood of the Moscow elite. This split was Putin's doing. I can see by this piece how angry the Russian government is about it. What can they do about it besides make TV shows about how upset they are? 300 years + of Moscow control reversed because of Putin...

Putin is so angry about the decline of Russia, he attacks former USSR republics who don't fall in line and now split 1/3 of Russia's church away from Moscow. Well he got Crimea and he's working on Belarus next. Lets see what other accomplishments to mark the new year... ahh raised the retirement age, raised taxes on internally consumed oil and raised the VAT to 20%. So much winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 05:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Hmmmm.

https://neftegaz.ru/en/news/view/178...in-Kaliningrad

Thinking ahead.

Too bad others in the neighborhood cannot be relied upon.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:31 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Documentary about one side of the Georgian war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNEx2F6iqHo

The same has been true about coverage in all wars. The televised media never covered the atrocities and ethnic cleansing by the Muslim separatists in Yugoslavia.

I agree that the whole "Georgian war" was not exactly what Western media was trying hard to portray it.

I totally understand that when you are a minority in Georgia, it's not a big deal when the area is still controlled by Moscow and Russians. But when the Georgians ( being the dominant ethnic group) are trying to break away, and drag the minorities with them into the unknown, I can see that minorities might not be exactly happy about it.

Truth to be told, I like Georgia and Georgians a lot, but when I was spending my summers with Georgian family in ( now break-away) region of Abkhasia, I could see that Abkhasians and Georgians were not interacting much. ( I just didn't expect the level of cruelty and hatred that Abkhasians exhibited towards the Georgians during their war; this totally shocked me.) Russians ( as usual) were blamed for that one too, but truth to be told, they were simply not in position to keep peace on Caucasus ( and Asia) as they used to. It was the beginning of the nineties after all.

I think that there were less frictions between Ossetians and Georgians, but still I can see why they (Ossetians) would prefer to stay with Russians rather than following Georgians into their "European future."

Here is yet again a very condemning evidence against NATO, not Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncv6...1quCmw&index=4

Last edited by erasure; 01-10-2019 at 10:24 PM..

Old 01-10-2019, 10:01 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
No doubt the Russian propaganda machine reflects the mood of the Moscow elite. This split was Putin's doing. I can see by this piece how angry the Russian government is about it. What can they do about it besides make TV shows about how upset they are? 300 years + of Moscow control reversed because of Putin...

Are you talking about the split of the Orthodox Church?
No, that's not Putin.

That's Americans.
I already posted enough of evidence of their activities on that front, too lazy to look it up again.
The desire to break away from Moscow patriarch was simmering in Ukraine among the nationalists long before Putin was in a picture. The reason they succeeded now was precisely because Americans stepped in and facilitated the process directly interfering in religious affairs of the Patriarch of Constantinople ( now Istanbul.)

Quote:
Putin is so angry about the decline of Russia, he attacks former USSR republics who don't fall in line and now split 1/3 of Russia's church away from Moscow. Well he got Crimea and he's working on Belarus next. Lets see what other accomplishments to mark the new year... ahh raised the retirement age, raised taxes on internally consumed oil and raised the VAT to 20%. So much winning.
Well yes Russians know that the US ( and the rest of the West) are out there to punish them financially.
What do you think they feel about it?
You think they are ready to drop Crimea in exchange for lower taxes?

Last edited by erasure; 01-10-2019 at 10:26 PM..

Old 01-11-2019, 10:01 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Are you talking about the split of the Orthodox Church?
No, that's not Putin.

That's Americans.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Bring back what you stole!

Old 01-11-2019, 01:43 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Bring back what you stole!
Remember the story of the collapse of the Soviet Union, everything is very well see who and what was stolen. About the "train of friendship" read how it was in the Crimea. Then try to tell who and what really stole. Learn the materiel

Old 01-11-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Remember the story of the collapse of the Soviet Union, everything is very well see who and what was stolen.
Why Soviet Union?
What about Russian Empire, Moskovia State or Khazar Khaganate?

Old 01-11-2019, 02:51 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Remember the story of the collapse of the Soviet Union, everything is very well see who and what was stolen. About the "train of friendship" read how it was in the Crimea. Then try to tell who and what really stole. Learn the materiel
Speaking of collapse, that's what's going on in buildings in Russian controlled Eastern Ukraine this week. Factories literally falling down and casualties reported at a market. I'm sure they are thrilled with their new masters. At least nobody threatens their Lenin monuments...

Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 PM
DKM

Quote:

Well yes Russians know that the US ( and the rest of the West) are out there to punish them financially.
What do you think they feel about it?
Adhering to the Minsk agreement is all it would take to drop the sanctions on Russia outside of Crimea. Particularly articles 4 and 9, which Russia refuses to allow because it would end the war it wants:

4) free elections
9) return of control of the international border to Ukraine

You think Russians aren't ready to do that? You don't know many then... Too bad for them, what they want isn't important to the man in charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe