Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:28 PM

96 posts, read 107,092 times

Advertisements

Is it normal for today to feel very rooted to my country and traditions?
Or i l not normal/not fitted Because today we have to be Cosmopolitan multicultural/multiethnic ecc ..??

If i pictures myself I picture exactly where I am for my future, with an Italian husband..

Am I xenophobic? Because I feel more right/safe with one of my ethnicity?

Today I looked on tv..there was an attractive Chinese at expo festival, the clever guy who played piano..very famous.. I thought.. He s a beautiful man in his ethnic group, clever, well dressed, an attractive face of his group always smiling ..I thought I could like him.. But then it popped out on me my men..my cultures ecc.. And I thought ..it s not that I m exclusively attracted only by Chinese features .. Infact I like my men.. And they are my culture..

I do this question on me very often..as our society in the cities is quite full of immigrants.. It s a strange feeling ..I look at immigrant men..I find some of them nice attractive among their group.. BUt then I think.. No .. It s easy to stay with your own..because your society is your own and is the mainstream society..

Old 04-30-2015, 06:41 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultureStrenght View Post
Or i l not normal/not fitted Because today we have to be Cosmopolitan multicultural/multiethnic ecc ..??

If i pictures myself I picture exactly where I am for my future, with an Italian husband..

Am I xenophobic? Because I feel more right/safe with one of my ethnicity?

Today I looked on tv..there was an attractive Chinese at expo festival, the clever guy who played piano..very famous.. I thought.. He s a beautiful man in his ethnic group, clever, well dressed, an attractive face of his group always smiling ..I thought I could like him.. But then it popped out on me my men..my cultures ecc.. And I thought ..it s not that I m exclusively attracted only by Chinese features .. Infact I like my men.. And they are my culture..

I do this question on me very often..as our society in the cities is quite full of immigrants.. It s a strange feeling ..I look at immigrant men..I find some of them nice attractive among their group.. BUt then I think.. No .. It s easy to stay with your own..because your society is your own and is the mainstream society..
Everyone has preferences it sounds like you love what is familiar to you , also attraction is a strange thing to explain you like what you like and there's nothing wrong with that, if you're not attracted to different cultures that's not important in my opinion.

I don't think you are xenophobic.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 PM

361 posts, read 1,088,235 times
Why do you care if others, especially old, out of touch, delusional Baby Boomers on City-Data, think you are "racist"/"xenophobic" or not? Who gives a crap, you like what you like and that's that. No need to apologize... but no, for the record, I don't think you are "racist". So congratulations, you can now sleep easy tonight knowing a stranger on an internet forum isn't calling you the dreaded "r" word. Happy?

Old 04-30-2015, 11:27 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkShiner View Post
Why do you care if others, especially old, out of touch, delusional Baby Boomers on City-Data, think you are "racist"/"xenophobic" or not?
Usually I'd agree with you.

But considering the obsession she has (and I strongly believe that it's Julia again ), it's entirely possible that her behaviour is messing with her real life.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-03-2015 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 05-01-2015, 02:55 AM

96 posts, read 107,092 times
Well..i was meaning more xenophobic than racist..
..I don t know if it s a phobia..??..

I find that guy attractive..bu then I thought.. About my men attractive too..and the society/social circle I m part; and the social circle/society I was grow up till now.

Meaning..if I was an Italian girl brought up as a child in china by my parents who would have immigrated there.. I would naturally love mate with a Chinese man.. .. But if you are grown up in your country.. It s very difficult for me to love mate with a foreigner ..excorcially one of a closed comunity like the Chinese one..that form comunity and closed social life in the countries they go

Last edited by CultureStrenght; 05-01-2015 at 03:06 AM..

Old 05-01-2015, 04:07 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
It is normal and it is good.
We need to respect other people's culture, but at the same time we must not humiliated own culture.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:29 AM

309 posts, read 258,268 times
Quote:
It may not be an attitude shared by most people today, but it is a very good one

Old 05-01-2015, 04:37 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,575 times
Roots are great if you are a plant. Humans have legs so we can move.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
^^ Lol

Old 05-01-2015, 05:04 AM

309 posts, read 258,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Roots are great if you are a plant. Humans have legs so we can move.
And that, my friends, is the typical German attitude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe