Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2015, 04:49 AM

214 posts, read 468,417 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am going to Denmark next month, and have a few questions.

1) We have to get on the train going from the Airport to Odense. Are there skycaps or porters to help? My mother is in a wheelchair. I have contacted the handicap service but I'm not sure how it works - what if they don't show up? I just need help getting her and the suitcases onto the train. And is there someone to help us off the train? Once we're off the train I'm sure I can manage.

2) I have purchased a sim card from onesim. My concern is that I'm going to find out that my cell phone still can't be used even with an international sim card. How easy is it to buy a 'burner' phone in denmark?

3) We will have 8 days in Odense and 2 days in Copenhagen. Are there any 'must sees'?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 01:13 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
1. The service is very reliable, but call/write them before you leave just to make sure you are on the schedule.
2. Danish mobil phones are unlocked. There are many used mobil phone stores in Nørrebro, a district of Copenhagen. Google Maps is your friend.
3. I don't know Odense. In Copenhagen, probably Rosenborg Castle, Christania on Amager just over the water from Christenshavn, Nyhavn, the National Museum, Castellet, to name a few. Pass on the Little Mermaid, although it is near Castellet. The view from the top of vores fru kirke in Chrstenshavn is nice (but you have to walk up)

Enjoy.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:01 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,859,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekochan999 View Post
3) We will have 8 days in Odense . Are there any 'must sees'?
Funny question ...
When you have 8 days in Odense, I wonder why 8 days, unless it is family visit !

Would *they* not know what to *see* ??

OR ...

Type this in your browser !

What to see in Odense, Denmark.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:06 PM

214 posts, read 468,417 times
8 day educational conference

Old 07-07-2015, 12:36 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,859,918 times
Quote:
8 day educational conference
Aha, OK ... , any time I have been at some *conference*, they at least were not all day long, and the *host* country usually provided the *entertainment* after the lectures.

I am sure *they* will plan something for you.
Nice you can take your Mum, with you !!

Old 07-08-2015, 03:49 AM

4,955 posts, read 3,318,028 times
See VisitDenmark | Official Denmark travel guide | Plan your holiday in Denmark and see Information for tourists about Odense | VisitOdense
Some years ago I used to travel to Denmark regularly both by train and by car. I never saw luggage porters. I sometimes did see people helping each other.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:55 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,822,958 times
Quote:
Hello. I am going to Denmark next month, and have a few questions.

1) We have to get on the train going from the Airport to Odense. Are there skycaps or porters to help? My mother is in a wheelchair. I have contacted the handicap service but I'm not sure how it works - what if they don't show up? I just need help getting her and the suitcases onto the train. And is there someone to help us off the train? Once we're off the train I'm sure I can manage.
That's the one I have experience with. If you informed the airline that you need assistance with wheelchair, Falck (Danish emergency (ambulance) service) shows up to help, and they will show up. They are very good at what they do. I don't know if they will push the chair all the way to the train station or not. That's a question to ask the airline before you go. DSB may provide help with getting on and off the train. If I were going to Odense with a wheelchair, I would rent a car and drive. Denmark is not the most disability friendly country around. Depending on how dependent on the wheelchair she is, it may be challenging to get from the Train station to the destination site in Odense. That's the reason we rent a car when we go to Denmark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe