Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:48 PM

919 posts, read 840,225 times

Advertisements

Stun guns in demand in Germany amid security concerns
After the attacks in Paris and New Year's security scares, Germans have been snapping up self-defense equipment like stun guns - to the delight of a Czech manufacturer who corners the market.

Prague-based Euro Security Products, or ESP, has been flooded by new orders from Germany for stun guns and can't keep up with demand.

Company owner Bretislav Kostal said demand began skyrocketing in September and the company delivered a total of 25,000 for the German market in 2015. Some 15,000 of those were in the last four months of the year.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:51 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Not all Germans approve this politics, there are regional elections in March and we will see the result then.

However a majority of Germans still votes for the parties who flood the country with Muslims.

I think many Germans hate themselves and their country because of Hitler and the holocaust, this is also the reason I think why many Germans want Germany to dissolve within a Greater Europe - no more Germany, no more guilt; I am not aware of any other European nation that wants to dissolve within a Greater Europe, this the reason why the EU will fail I believe.

The "irony" is that we want to do good what we have done to the Jews by helping the Muslims, the very enemies of the Jews, aren't Syria and Israel in a state of war till the present day? I got the impression that those who are the greatest leftists are those who have ancestors who were involved in the atrocities of the 3rd Reich, this seems to make them to hate themselves and their people and none the less the Jews also (!). It are the leftists (plus some diehard neonazi antisemites, but they are few) that hate Israel and cheer for Muslims, not the conservatives as I am one.

Others are just blinded by the media, you know that the beginning the media for the most part only showed women and children whereas the great majority are men, not even Syrians.

Others thing one must help these "poor people", this is something one can debate, but the current politics does not help real refugees.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:19 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Not all Germans approve this politics, there are regional elections in March and we will see the result then.

However a majority of Germans still votes for the parties who flood the country with Muslims.

I think many Germans hate themselves and their country because of Hitler and the holocaust, this is also the reason I think why many Germans want Germany to dissolve within a Greater Europe - no more Germany, no more guilt; I am not aware of any other European nation that wants to dissolve within a Greater Europe, this the reason why the EU will fail I believe.

The "irony" is that we want to do good what we have done to the Jews by helping the Muslims, the very enemies of the Jews, aren't Syria and Israel in a state of war till the present day? I got the impression that those who are the greatest leftists are those who have ancestors who were involved in the atrocities of the 3rd Reich, this seems to make them to hate themselves and their people and none the less the Jews also (!). It are the leftists (plus some diehard neonazi antisemites, but they are few) that hate Israel and cheer for Muslims, not the conservatives as I am one.

Others are just blinded by the media, you know that the beginning the media for the most part only showed women and children whereas the great majority are men, not even Syrians.

Others thing one must help these "poor people", this is something one can debate, but the current politics does not help real refugees.
I have visited Germany once, well West Germany anyway. (yes I dated myself) I know things have changed alot since then. I saw a beautiful country full of very friendly people with one of the most interesting cultures in the world. I find it sad that people there may feel the way you say they do because of Hitler. The generation responsible for that crime is dead. Some of the veterans may still be alive, but they were young then and as much victims of Hiter as anyone else. Germany paid its debt to the world by living with the consequences of the war, the destruction and a nation divided for 45 years. All of that is long over and Germany is a productive nation that is a positive force in the world. It is up to the people of your nation to decide how many Muslims y'all are willing to tolerate in your land, but I don't think Germans need to feel they need to atone for the crimes of the Nazis anymore. This is 2016, that history is becoming quite old. If anyone needs to feel the need to atone it is the barbarians causing the suffering of millions of innocents in Syria today.
Id love to see Germany again one day, have some good German food and drink a good German beer. (yes our beer is as bad as you Germans likely think it is)

Old 02-12-2016, 03:27 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
What I said primarily applies to the leftists, but they determine the media and the public debate.

Germany is not everywhere a mess, you could visit the rural Frankonia without sorrow, they have the best beer anyway

But Germany and all Western Europe will change, alone because of demographics.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:48 AM

919 posts, read 840,225 times
Quote:
Sad to hear that.

Germans are among the world's most adorable people.

I believe no country is 100% good or 100% evil. You don't have to deny your country merely because of one man or party. Actually I adore Nazi Germany for its Animal welfare. The Nazi party was not 100% evil.

I've heard the UK had similar issues with Germany. They denied everything what the UK did before. Thanks to Margaret Thatcher, they have recovered their pride.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:49 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Actually I adore Nazi Germany for its Animal welfare. The Nazi party was not 100% evil.
That is idiotic and cynical . The Nazis killed millions of Homo sapiens. They banned vivisection. Wow. Ask Mengele what he thought about that.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:55 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
No one is sacrificing themselves for anyone. Don't be so over the top.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:00 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,114 times
Quote:

Do you really believe that people wants to help because they feel guilty for what happened in German history? I don't feel guilty for that. But all people should learn from what happened in the past all over the world, independently from their nationality. But that's not the reason why people provide help for refugees. That's a sign of humanity. The fact that you are unable to understand why humans feel the need to help other humans who are in need, shows me that you seem to have lost the contact to nice people. I feel good when I can help other people that are in need. Be it helping elderly people to schlep their groceries, helping neighborhood kids with their homework, or helping in an emergency shelter for refugees.

Do you believe that Pegida or AFD supports are patriots? Do they care about the society? NO. Do they care about what happens in their neighborhood? NO! Do they help other people that are in need? NO! Do they make any useful proposals for solving social issues? NO! They just don't care about anything. They just care about themselfs. They just think about how they can get more social benefits. And how they can show their hate towards the society.

Do I love my country? Yes, I am very patriotic. And I will never understand why some people hate their home country.

Which Germans hates Germany the most? The Greens? The Social Democrats? The Christian Democrats? NO! It's the supporters of Pegida and the AFD that hates Germany the most. They even would vote for Putin as chancellor for Germany. They hate the society, because the majority society differs strongly from their own living environment. They not only hate Muslims, they not only hate Merkel, they not only hate better educated people, they hate all people that feels something like humanity, they hate all people that are different.
What characteristics I share with Pegida and AFD supporters? We speak the same language, we have the same nationality. Yes, but that's all. Those Pegida and AFD supporters don't have any values. I share much more values with the majority of the refugees. Do I want to live near a Pegida or AFD supporter? No, because I don't want to live near bad people, that like to swear, that like to shout out loud, that don't clean the pavement and so on. Those peple are very atypical Germans. My neighbor is Muslim and he cares much more about the society than all these Pegida and AFD scum.

Will we have a problem, if the inflow of refugees don't drop? Yes, surely. How many people can be integrated successully every year? I don't know, but of course not 1mil per year. Do we have a serious problem with criminals from Northern Africa? Yes. Is it easy to find solution for all our problems? Leider nicht (I'm afraid not!?). But the AFD doesn't offer any solution.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I have visited Germany once, well West Germany anyway. (yes I dated myself) I know things have changed alot since then. I saw a beautiful country full of very friendly people with one of the most interesting cultures in the world. I find it sad that people there may feel the way you say they do because of Hitler. The generation responsible for that crime is dead. Some of the veterans may still be alive, but they were young then and as much victims of Hiter as anyone else. Germany paid its debt to the world by living with the consequences of the war, the destruction and a nation divided for 45 years. All of that is long over and Germany is a productive nation that is a positive force in the world. It is up to the people of your nation to decide how many Muslims y'all are willing to tolerate in your land, but I don't think Germans need to feel they need to atone for the crimes of the Nazis anymore. This is 2016, that history is becoming quite old. If anyone needs to feel the need to atone it is the barbarians causing the suffering of millions of innocents in Syria today.
Id love to see Germany again one day, have some good German food and drink a good German beer. (yes our beer is as bad as you Germans likely think it is)
The reason why people feel the need to offer help has absolutely nothing to do with the responsibilty of Germany for the Holocaust. People really don't feel the need to pay for what happens before 1945. For me it's just a sign of humanity to help these refugees. Many elderly people in Germany have experienced the misery of beeing expelled themselves. And the pictures of refugees treks from Eastern Prussia are still in many heads, also the pictures of bombed cities. And when you then see how refugees were treated in a relatively rich country like Hungary. I think it's the most normal thing to help those people.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
What I said primarily applies to the leftists, but they determine the media and the public debate.

Germany is not everywhere a mess, you could visit the rural Frankonia without sorrow, they have the best beer anyway

But Germany and all Western Europe will change, alone because of demographics.

Hmm Sounds like YT "Germany how it is" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe