Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Maybe it's just in Oslo, not in the whole Norway?
Maybe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 12:01 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,013,863 times
Here are the most recent statistics:
Immigrants and Norwegian-born to immigrant parents - SSB

Population and population changes - quarterly - SSB

Births - SSB

Total population 5 205 434

Immigrants and Norwegian-born to immigrant parents from ASIA, total 265 721

Total Births 59 058

Conclusion?

Old 05-09-2016, 12:14 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
I only believe what I see They always walk with tons of babies and kids, maybe I always see some day care group, lol!

Old 05-09-2016, 12:22 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Just because I can't find the source doesn't mean I made that up completely, nor it means the info is false. Possibly the source had used different way to determine the culture of the immigrant. If the government considers one parent to make someone "local" but others don't this will make the % higher.
Of course it is bs. Mohammed is among the most common names for newborns in Oslo. Still, only 232 out of over 9,800 were given the name in 2015. That is 2.3%.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Of course it is bs. Mohammed is among the most common names for newborns in Oslo. Still, only 232 out of over 9,800 were given the name in 2015. That is 2.3%.
Maybe the rest are equally between Ahmed, Ali and Saladin ...anyway since you say so as local I'd guess you're right...

Old 05-09-2016, 12:36 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
This is interesting:

Those 800,000 "Refugees" will Make Muslims 10% of Germany's Young Male Population | Frontpage Mag

In several major German cities, about 50% of the children have Immigration background.

It's not very advisable to trust someone (Daniel Greenfield), who constantly agitate against the Islam. His calculations are rather weird. A good portion of the refugees aren't Moslems and a good portion of the refugees use Germany just for transit or will go back to their home countries.

It's rather irrelevant how many Moslems in Germany live. Most of them are rather secular. Especially those born in Germany.

Many people think that the native German population will become a minority in Germany, anytime in the future. That's pretty absurd. The children of those people that have an immigration background, but are born in Germany, don't have an immigration background anymore. They will be counted as native Germans. It's absurd to count every person that descend from people that maybe immigrate a few houndred years ago as people with an immigration background. If we would do that, then people with an immigration background would form the majority in all countries.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:41 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Maybe the rest are equally between Ahmed, Ali and Saladin ...anyway since you say so as local I'd guess you're right...
2,486 are named Ahmed and 3,258 are named Ali in Norway. Saladin? None.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:49 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
My impression from the newspapers and TV is that illegal immigration is not regarded as a big problem. In fact, I don't hear people ever talk about it.
Then that likely means the numbers of illegals is low.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:36 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Around 2.8 for North Africans. So somewhat higher, but as the % of the population is so small, it doesn't affect total demographics.
And this can change, too. To predict demographics is one of the most difficult thing to do. In any case, the is no basis for these ridiculous"eurabia" claims. It's a conspiracy theory invented by an American, but is surprisingly widespread among people. Even among those who don't normally believe in such theories.
Rather unfortunately, i found out a graph who showed that people largely overestimated the presence of immigrants and Muslims in their country. Even though Italy, USA and France have the highest gap between the perceived number and the actual one, Polish and Hungarian are the ones who are off the most in percentage (both estimating a presence that's 8 times higher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim1000 View Post
Nazi theories, diehard, racist and primigenian Nazi theories also came from America.
Germans in Argentina.
So all those theories are always engendered by European immigrants in America, Africa..South Africa and Asia..Kipling.
As to American hate towards muslims? Why.
Aren.t they supposed to be a religious haven?
Interesting because as you say the reason most of the first settlers emigrated to the USA was for religious freedom, something they couldn't get in their own countries but now a large swaths of the descendents of those settles (let's face it, the most conservative Republicans are mostly made up of Evangelical or Protestant males of Western or Northern European descent)

Old 05-09-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Rather unfortunately, i found out a graph who showed that people largely overestimated the presence of immigrants and Muslims in their country.
Maybe not in southern Italy where they run away from the mafia . But this is what I got from the European reddit, 5 mins ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/european/co...lcome_to_rome/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe