Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 07:17 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,537 times

Advertisements

This question is 60% serious.

Are belly buttons sexualized in any part of Europe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 07:25 AM

20 posts, read 14,591 times
Lol... all I can say is that outies look nasty and can be a real turn-off!

Old 07-31-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brurope View Post
Lol... all I can say is that outies look nasty and can be a real turn-off!
I can't see belly buttons as anything sexy regardless of shape.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:34 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,577,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
I can't see belly buttons as anything sexy regardless of shape.
It depends on the individual.
For instance, if you are a not good-looking woman plus you were born and raised in a country where old Catholic background from the past still rule, then you are not proud of your own body and finally you even may become jealous with other women that show their belly buttons during summer.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
It depends on the individual.
For instance, if you are a not good-looking woman plus you were born and raised in a country where old Catholic background from the past still rule, then you are not proud of your own body and finally you even may become jealous with other women that show their belly buttons during summer.
What are you on about? Is central Spain so out of touch with the rest of the country?
Nobody here finds belly buttons especially sexy, I think only a very lonely man would blush at the sight of one.
In that same regard, Spanish women aren't particularly ashamed of showing their bodies. This year hot pants are in fashion and even hardcore religious gypsy women are wearing them.

If you're trying to imply that I personally don't find belly buttons sexy because I'm jelous, try again.
You're as mistaken as when you though I liked reggeaton, or that I was religious, or that I was pro-monarchy. You're very skillful at being wrong all the time.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:49 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,577,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
In that same regard, Spanish women aren't particularly ashamed of showing their bodies. This year hot pants are in fashion and even hardcore religious gypsy women are wearing them.
Yes, I know. I would say 90% of women younger than 45 years old are not ashamed of showing their bodies, so that's why they wear hot pants and plungin neckline when they want to do so every summer. However the other 10% are a bit fat, not good looking ones, so they don't like to show their bodies during summer, and finally they become fishwife, gossipy woman as they referred to others women as sluts, you know.

So, as a Spaniard woman you should know how gossipy Spaniard women (especially older ones) are less open-minded in every regard than average Spaniard men.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:08 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
I think belly buttons are sexy. Specifically shaped like this: http://womenclan.com/wp-content/uplo...5/07/belly.jpg

Old 07-31-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
However the other 10% are a bit fat, not good looking ones, so they don't like to show their bodies during summer, and finally they become fishwife, gossipy woman as they referred to others women as sluts, you know.
That's your bias. People of all types can be gossipy, it doesn't have to do with someone being good looking or fat, it has to do with them being pricks.

Some months ago there was a girl, pretty cute, thin, definitely no need to feel jelly about anyone; She was talking smack about every woman walking by the Tram stop, describing what she saw as fashion crimes to someone she was talking to on the phone. Complaining about how someone shouldn't be wearing that skirt with that shirt, and how it looked so cheap... Then two women come running by to catch the tram on the other side and she starts talking trash about them, too.

Then our Tram comes, we got in the same vehicle-thing and she looked at me for a while. I stared back waiting for her to talk smack about me, she didn't dare, but I could tell from her long stare that she would've loved nothing more than to make a long critique about me.

Quote:
So, as a Spaniard woman you should know how gossipy Spaniard women (especially older ones) are less open-minded in every regard than average Spaniard men.
Nope, men can be as bad if not worse.
I've had some dude scream in my ear as I walked by because my stylism (I was a metalhead back then) didn't fit his taste.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 07-31-2016 at 10:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe