Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:54 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,562 times

Advertisements

Yep, that would be paradise. Who needs 72 virgins there if one can chop barbies together with you!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 04:59 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,177 times
omg, you said yes, i am gonna ask my neighbor's barbie so i can celebrate it by cutting her head off!

Old 08-04-2016, 05:27 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,331,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
And you don't think that is a problem? Do you have a daughter? If you do, I suggest you go tell her that it will up to 30% harder for her to get a job compared to boys. Her wages will be significantly lower compared to the moronic dumb kid next door who just happen to be a boy. The wealth she accumulates during her work life will also be significantly lower due to lower wages, which will be reflected in her retirement. If she happens to be from a poor family, then it is not completely unreasonable to think that your daughter will be financially dependent on her husband (who just might treat her as sh*t).

The list goes on.

I don't think it is strange that women feel disadvantaged, because they are. There are so many good and smart ways to balance out the gender imbalance that benefit both genders. In the company I work for example, it is required in our employment contract that men take an equal part of the parental leave as women. It saves us men for that awkward discussion with our leader; that we want to spent as much time as possible with our new born. Of course, there are issues mainly due to the women’s employment contract, but overall it is a pretty good deal. In countries such as Sweden it is mandatory by law that a good chunk of the parental leave is reserved for the men.

I just don’t see why it should be a problem that women get an equal chance of a career as men despite motherhood. We are all interested in women giving birth to children and that the smartest minds reach the top of society, right? None of those things are happening now in lots of countries. Instead we have a system that ensure penises reach the top. Intelligent career minded women are put in a situation where they have to choose, which is a shame on so many levels. -- see Western European demographics.

I do not have children. My future wife is a professor though, earning more money than I do, while I am just a stupid engineer.

Well, I am not so sure about that and I do not have a complete answer, but I do not think that society overall in general prefers men. When I remember back in school, on average, girls were given better grades for the same performance, especially in technical subjects, "because we do not want that girls feel discouraged". Boys were scolded more and punished harder for the same failures. This continued in university (I graduated engineering), many women were preferred because "there are only 10-15% of females in our subjects and we have to encourage them to chose technical jobs". It was easier for them to chose topics for a thesis, because every professor wanted to support the girls. And there were special help-sessions, career days and whatever, only for girls. I do not say this should not be done, but I also do not think that girls are treated so bad. If you would do career days only for male, that would be a hell of a ****storm. It is just that women often do not WANT to be same successful or rich, because they often have other interests than money, luxury cars and status symbols.

In Germany, also boys had to serve the military for 9 months mandatory (or do civil service as a replacement), means it usally took one year longer for them to enter university, career and make money.

Another reason for lower average payment is the kind of jobs women chose to do. Few are engineers or other technical professionals, many are teachers, work in social jobs, with people and so on. Most popular jobs among women are nurse and elementary school teacher, that is not where the big money is made. Does anyone forces women to do so? My sister for example never had any interest in maths or physics, only knows how to drive a car but doesn't care how it works. It would have been horrible for her to study engineering. I invite all girls, study engineering and I would guarantee that your career perspective will be good, if you have passion for technical things. As your are very precious item among 80-90% men in your university department, you will be well taken care of.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaïraJ View Post
omg, you said yes, i am gonna ask my neighbor's barbie so i can celebrate it by cutting her head off!
Make sure you don't forget to tape it and post it on YT.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Make sure you don't forget to tape it and post it on YT.
oh for who do you take me for mon chéri, huh? i am NOT like that... this celebration is just for the two of us, i let the posting on YT for those other barbarians.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:49 AM

Fine, now we need to settle for a date and place for honeymoons. Any ideas?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:55 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Good thread!

DJ, 'kaira' means in Finnish a drill you use to drill a hole in the ice so you can go ice fishing.

In popular speech 'kairata' (to drill) means total humiliation for example in sports (figure that thing drilled into your arsehole).

Old 08-04-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Fine, now we need to settle for a date and place for honeymoons. Any ideas?
a cave, i love caves. i have one in my building.
come tonight, i'll be waiting, in my sexy underwear and with our barbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Good thread!

DJ, 'kaira' means in Finnish a drill you use to drill a hole in the ice so you can go ice fishing.

In popular speech 'kairata' (to drill) means total humiliation for example in sports (figure that thing drilled into your arsehole).
bwaha, hello Ariete, that's "funny" i guess, in French it mean "thug", kaira - caillera - racaille.
btw, having that into your rectum must be as painful as humiliating.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
When I did my conscription we had a woman (the first ever in the coastal infantry NCO school). She was a tough SOB, though she suffered a lot. She was crying during many of the marches and did sometimes have to give her equipment to a man of her squad to carry on. But she did well in the end and graduated as a sub-Sergeant (Corporal).

Though I can't say I'm an ironman myself, this revealed how different men and women are physically. Though it was tough, I managed, but that girl despite being an athlete couldn't quite take the physical toll on her body. I bailed out too, as I had seen enough of that crap, and applied for medical school.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:45 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
There is a small, but very vocal minority of women who advocate for special privileges for women, however the vast majority of women just want things such as equal pay, equal job opportunities, equal maternity/paternity leave. The list goes on.

Any man claiming that they are not privileged because of their sex is either stupid or a chauvinist.
how convenient you can defend myths in that way , there is no pay discrimination towards women , just because two people earn different salaries does not mean one person is being discriminated against , its illegal to pay someone less based on race or gender yet the average american in ireland earns a lot more than the average pole or nigerian , feminists love to simplify everything , from listening to them , one would think women earned less soley by virtue of the fact they lack a penis , complete lie , the top earners are usually men but the bottom earners on average are also men , ditto when it comes to homelessness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe