Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 12:49 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This is getting better and better)))
What does it mean - "the average family that is purely on the dole"

??
That is the family that doesn't work at all and lives strictly off the government nipple aka living on the dole. In order to afford all of the goodies they get, a working family would have to earn at least $60k to pay for it. Crazy isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 12:56 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
That is the family that doesn't work at all and lives strictly off the government nipple aka living on the dole. In order to afford all of the goodies they get, a working family would have to earn at least $60k to pay for it. Crazy isn't it?
Who told you such thing even exists in the US?
What even gave you this idea? And how do you even imagine this thing - a *family* comes to... (whatever government office that is,) saying "You know, we are not working at all and have no interest, so please cover all our expenses plus give us extras that we'd be able to go to the shopping mall)))"
As I've said you are the funniest guy around here)))

Old 09-02-2016, 01:01 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,309 times
Get your news from factual places, won't you?
That was a conclusion reached by the Tribunal, which the Social Security didn't agree with. Turns out the Tribunal messed up when they checked and it gave them an inflated number. It isn't even fraud so much as a mistake from the administrative's side.

The Social Security is the body which controls pensions and the likes, btw.
El Tribunal de Cuentas sostiene que 30.000 muertos

Google translate it if you will, I really won't invest effort into translating for someone who can't get his own **** straight.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
They contribute more because they can and should, it's their duty to the country.

The cumulative effect is still not as shocking to the economy as the vanishing of millions by people engaging in fraudulent activities. Not to mention, average people are much more honest than greedy snobs without a social conscience such as yourself.

If someone's shoving a meager 50s into their pocket it's because they really need them to feed their family. Fat cats hide their money because woe is me, they really need to save up to build that mansion with bricks made of pure, solid gold.

NOBODY purposefully keeps their income low enough to get welfare, and you're very far from the common folk if you believe that's a good, comfortable lifestyle. Nobody wants to depend on government aids, nobody will willfully put themselves in that position.
You see people living on welfare driving Lexus'? Are you sure you're not grocery shopping at the favorite spot of drug lords, man?

Funny how you think you know if I can or cannot pay more taxes when you don't even know my situation, the situation of my country, and I suspect you couldn't even place my city in a map without Google's helping hand.
Do you know the average salary in Spain, mate? Our salaries have almost been frozen for a good decade, while good prices do nothing but increase. We're also among the member states that pay more for their electricity bill.
Do not assume ANYTHING about me because you're gonna fail your predictions.
Cheating the system is cheating the system.

Yes, people do misstate and hide income to get government bennies, very often.

Come to the US, plenty of people using food stamps while driving nicer cars than I own. They work off the books and collect freebies at taxpayer expense. They do it Spain too.

I asked if you had any of the luxuries that I listed. If you do, you can afford more taxes. You won't die without any of them.

You wouldn't be able to find my town without Google maps either. What does that have to do with anything?

Old 09-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Get your news from factual places, won't you?
That was a conclusion reached by the Tribunal, which the Social Security didn't agree with. Turns out the Tribunal messed up when they checked and it gave them an inflated number.

The Social Security is the body which controls pensions and the likes, btw.
El Tribunal de Cuentas sostiene que 30.000 muertos

Google translate it if you will, I really won't invest effort into translating for someone who can't get his own **** straight.
No translate needed. Hablo español perfectamente. Bueno casi.

If you don't think the little guys are not cheating the Spanish government out of tax money, you're living in a vacuum.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Cheating the system is cheating the system.

Yes, people do misstate and hide income to get government bennies, very often.

Come to the US, plenty of people using food stamps while driving nicer cars than I own. They work off the books and collect freebies at taxpayer expense. They do it Spain too.

I asked if you had any of the luxuries that I listed. If you do, you can afford more taxes. You won't die without any of them.
"They do it in Spain, too", said he, who couldn't even fact check an article about supposed welfare fraud.

Look the deceivers, thieves and scammers in Spain are these people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Party_(Spain)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanis...rkers%27_Party

I walk by the sweeper's quarter where they go back to change their uniform and leave the broms and stuff, and some mornings I've heard them complain that their checks have not been paid, or that they've been scammed our of Social Security benefits, that years of work have vanished from the registry all of a sudden and such. I've heard them complain very, very often.

And they're not the only ones.

It's the little people who're being scammed out of their money and rights, not the other way around.
There will be the average income person who's smart enough to cheat the system, but they are far rarer than snobs screwing over everyone else, I assure you.

On a rare hit of luck I managed to get enough money to pay for a travel to Barcelona.

After years of barely making it to the end of the month without going hungry,worrying about my internet getting cut for lack of payement, and I really need it to study or look for a job, they've made it hard to function internet these days. After years of being on edge trying to not get my electricity cut, of being harassed by my phone company because I hadn't payed for half a year so I couldn't use my phone, and they kept threatening to lock it and sue me. Not a month went by without hearing from them and their suing threats.
So I got money, I got my bills in order, covered any extra debt and payed for a concert ticket. It does not mean I can affort extra taxes, it means I got lucky this one time.
And it won't last for long. So how 'bout you shut your ignorant trap?

Old 09-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
My apologies for misunderstanding what you wrote previously about schooling your child. Were you assigned a job at McDonald's by the government? There are other options.
What does it mean - "assigned by the government?" No, you are assigned to these jobs by American employers by this thing called "job application" where you have to state your recent job history - are you familiar with those at all? Once you put there that you worked in McDonalds, their next suggestion is usually "Oh, there is an opening in Taco Bell across the road - since you are *experienced* in *food service area.* Rotflmao)))

Quote:

Were you forced to live in an area with subpar schools by the government? There are other areas with excellent public education and a poor family that is so inclined can get to them.
No I lived in a good school district actually, it's just that WHOLE American system of secondary school education is of low quality.

Quote:

Nobody is forced to stay where they are and rent vouchers are not limited to a single community. It's all about making proper choices. Not all people who live below the poverty line in the US choose to live in inner city hell holes. They are just as poor but have chosen a different lifestyle.
Nobody is "forced to stay" you've said? It's all "about choices?" Oh I see. So you just get up whenever you are pleased to, and move to Bel Air, California? And you are going to take money from where? For the trip, for moving your stuff, for first month rent plus deposit? Where do you take all these money when you work one of those lower-paying jobs in the US? And if the whites in the US live in places better than "inner city hellholes," then Blacks often don't even have THIS choice, for a number of reasons.

Quote:
Some interesting stuff about the 'poor' in the US and how they compare to the rest of the world. Keep in mind that the figures used are adjusted to the cost of living in all of the countries analyzed.

How Americans compare with the global middle class | Pew Research Center

Just because there are people with vast amounts of wealth, thus creating a large income gap, sure not mean that America's poor are destitute.
They can't be "destitute," because this would mean that America plunged completely to the level of the third world countries, with kind of crimes and disease prevalent in those places. So congratulations that "American poor" are not *as destitute as in Congo*))))

Quote:
Tangential: Based on my own anecdotes, I would not say that all Russians were so well educated as you claim. Same holds true for Cubans. Some are, others not so much and I'm being gentle.
When did I ever say that "all Russians are "well-educated?"

Younger generation graduated from schools that were already Americanized, with huge gaps in the program levels and "creative approach to education," so even the knowledge of grammar of Russian language went down significantly which is noticeable, not to mention the rest.
I am from older generation, that's the reason why I am familiar with quality education when it comes to schools. The way it used to be in Soviet Union you know. They've got that system from older times, and it came originally from Germany so yes, it was proficient and it was very academic, comparably to what I saw in the US and post-Soviet Russia.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:58 PM

How about I don't? I came from a crappy apartment in a crappy neighborhood. Rather than wallow in it, we lived a humble life and worked hard to get out. No cable, no AC, old car, couple of cheap suits for work and living on the tightest of budgets. I never complained and never asked for other people to pay more taxes for me. The only people that I feel sorry for and who should receive help from the government are the truly disabled/mentally ill. The rest is a vote buying racket set up to trap people into poverty while pols get themselves reelected at their expense. Useful idiots.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
How about I don't? I came from a crappy apartment in a crappy neighborhood. Rather than wallow in it, we lived a humble life and worked hard to get out. No cable, no AC, old car, couple of cheap suits for work and living on the tightest of budgets. I never complained and never asked for other people to pay more taxes for me. The only people that I feel sorry for and who should receive help from the government are the truly disabled/mentally ill. The rest is a vote buying racket set up to trap people into poverty while pols get themselves reelected at their expense. Useful idiots.
Listen Mr. Funny guy - here is the bottom line;
That super-rich 1% in the US ( or whatever that percentage is) is all preoccupied with the interests of American corporate takeover of the world, so they are not spending their money in the US - they invest them elsewhere, as much as they prefer to evade taxes the way known ( and available) to them.
Ppl like YOU on another hand need to pay higher and higher taxes as the result of it, in order to prevent "America's destitute" to plunge to the level of the Republic of Congo ( is it even Republic? I am not sure about that one )
And if you don't like that, there are always choices of course.
Choice A. To join that mentioned above 1% ( why dontcha )
and Choice B. To ask the US government to become one of those "non-working American families that live on a dole." (That you'd quit worrying about your taxes you know. )
See how this will work out for you, good luck.

After all, it's all about choices))))

Last edited by erasure; 09-02-2016 at 02:35 PM..

Old 09-02-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
The typical "If I made it, everyone can" choosing to disregard the fact that whilst you may have had a hard life, there are people who have it even harder and may not be able to overcome their situation without a helping hand.

If I were to get filthy rich I would gladly aid my country, so that I know it'll be less likely for some kid to have to survive on a friend's charity, that he'll receive quality healthcare so that he won't become sickly, and so that his education will be of quality, making it easier for him to get out of poverty when he grows up.

You can bet the last thing I would do is whine about taxes and hoard it all.

Setting to trap people into poverty? Not if you know how to play your cards right.

Here in Spain getting involved with the social services to ask for welfare benefits means you'll be pushed to look for a job and seek psychological treatment if it is suspected that you're being held back because of untreated illnesses. If you lack an education they will also want you to do something about that.

Unemployement checks are not forever, either. You cannot live on welfare for eternity, and if you even try you'll have a miserable life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe