Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 11:53 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
It is not a bad thing that there is only 2% who are deported. You know how much it costs to deport a refugee?
In France, it is 34 000 euros for each refugee.
Indeed. That is why the EU has to control the outside border and select those eligible for entering before they are responsible for bringing them back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
And you found out about alll that from Pennsylvania Station?
Relevance? I can give you various German sources, if you like.

The number of rejected asylum seekers in Germany is about 549k at the moment, whereas 13k-16k have been deported in this year. Plus, only the ones actually registered as asylum seeking are appearing in this statistics, the ones just "disappeared" after entering the country do not. This leads to a situation with around 800k-1M illegals in the country. Unsurprisingly about 95% are young Muslim male. They are actually using ressources designated for actual refugees from civil war areas and they also harm the reputation of the average innocent Syrian refugee families.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:35 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
One million 'lost' Syrian illegals in Germany, of which 95% are men?

Yes, cows fly and the US has a Black majority in 2020.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

Nope. 1 million rejected asylum seekers or hidden illegals without even applying for asylum. Obviously they are not Syrian, cause otherwise theire asylum status would have been approved. Around 500k rejected and around 500k not applied and just hiding in the underground. Obviously nobody knows the exact numbers.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:52 PM

24,579 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

Some Southern counties have it and some actually have Hispanic majorities.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:39 PM

184 posts, read 221,972 times
I'm french and people here are very upset, and just want to leave EU cause they're feeling invaded. People from Calais cannot bear it anymore and feel depressed, abandoned by government.

Old 10-22-2016, 03:40 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
Overblown by the media and right wing people not in contact with refugees. I live quite close, about 5 kms, to a refugee camp, and never had a negative experience.
the media is left wing for the most part and if anything downplay problems related to the refugee crisis

im sure the majority of refugees are good people but the situation is a disaster and was ill thought out , only two countries should be taking in refugees , the uk and the usa , the two countries which caused the crisis

Old 10-22-2016, 06:00 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurrdim View Post
I'm french and people here are very upset, and just want to leave EU cause they're feeling invaded. People from Calais cannot bear it anymore and feel depressed, abandoned by government.
The concentration of a large number of refugees in the same place / country / etc is dumb anyway, which is why the refugees should be distributed everywhere. That's why I was angry at Wauquiez declaration, like people are going to notice 1,700 refugees spread all over a 8 million people region.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:26 AM

140 posts, read 151,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
At the taxpayer's expense ? Right, I am a european citizen and I don't even get any money from the Italian state despite having a full residence permit. I doubt an illegal refugee from Syria, Pakistan or anywhere gets anything. I know for a fact that many of them survive here doing jobs in conditions that allow their bosses to underpay them. I have personally known immigrants to work for 7 days a week, 8 hours a day for 600 euros a month. I can't really say they profit from our economy so much as our economy benefits from them at the expense of everyone working here, including the Italian workers. Are the migrants to blame for being exploited more than the others ?

It was good to remove the dictators, it would have been better to not let anything like that and try to be more present and not let the IS or other armed groups take over in the area.

Africa still has a lower population than China. Sure it might be more populated, but there's still plenty of space. The agricultural land would be enough if there wasn't monoculture that we largely imposed.

The money withdrawn from the economy ? This money could be earned by anyone working in the country, and anyway we could also talk about fiscal evasion which is pretty prevalent in many european countries. The totals are much higher than the amount of money every migrant worker sends to his family back home.
To immigrants working for less. This is happening in basically every country around the world (some of them legal, some illegal).

To dictators, yes it would be better to not intervene. Most of Africa and most of Middle East are dictatorships, now imagine some idiot will decide to import democracy to all of them.

Yes Africa has less population than China,but this will change in few years. Currently China has 150 million or so more inhabitants than Africa. Now the difference is Chinese authorities realized threat of high population growth so they decided to stop it. Also if you look at China huge majority lives in eastern regions where is enough food and agricultural output to feed whole population.

Now look at Africa, million problems, huge areas that are desert or tropical jungle, very high fertility rates, economy is horrible, ethnic and religious tensions and so on. There are many reasons why Africa is the poorest continent and 1 of the main reasons is clearly climatic one and high demography growth. I ,, love,, like people say all the time Africa is much bigger than Europe and look at population density and Africa still has room for growth. I strongly disagree here. You need to 1st fix your economy and become modern society with everything than if you are able to feed your population than you can think about higher fertility rates, but at this moment African population is growing with no plan for the future. I don t want to imagine what will happen in 30 years if somewhere in Nigeria will be civil war and half of the country will try to escape to Europe.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:00 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,051,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
These people are fully integrated which is not the case with Muslims who are yet arrived much earlier. Islam in the Western world is a matter that should not be overlooked.
This. Many of their core beliefs are incongruous with those of the West. Simple stuff that is almost routine such as women's rights and acceptance of the LGBT community come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe