Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:09 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
"Disposable income is total personal income minus personal current taxes.[1] In national accounts definitions, personal income minus personal current taxes equals disposable personal income.[2] Subtracting personal outlays (which includes the major category of personal [or private] consumption expenditure) yields personal (or, private) savings, hence the income left after paying away all the taxes is referred to as disposable income." Found this definition on wiki...

MEDIAN of disposable income in UE in 2013, taking into account the composition of households (divided by UC, so it's not for individuals but "families") :

Attachment 182120

It's INSEE (safest source in France...)

So wages aren't everything, the money that the governement love to suck goes in the pocket of french too with redistribution... Ouf, 45% of taxes (average) is not totally useless .
Thanks! Really thanks. So finally we can see, even ignoring GDP PPP, wages, etc than the reality is what amaroW denies: France surpasses in SPA at most in 20% Spain and Italy. Not bad, considering that 50 years ago, France was 300% above Spain in GDP PPP and 200% above Italy (yes, Franco did a very hard damage in the Spanish economy, luckily it grew astonshingly fast from late 1970 to late 1990).

And even that last number is inflated by Ile de Paris, as happens in the UK with the London Greater Area, as those areas represent almost the 1/4 of the total GDP of the entire country.

THANKS MAN. Positive rep for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaïraJ View Post
this thread has descended into a "explain why france is XXX"
true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 03:11 PM

387 posts, read 380,209 times
Pokitobounto : it take into account state subsidies ? like APL ?

Old 03-15-2017, 03:13 PM

820 posts, read 954,018 times
Contrary to Spain, Italy, Germany etc,
In France, you have an income + State benefits for many French people like APL (150/300 euros a month for housing benefits) + "prime d'activité= 20/300 euros a month" for many people.

State benefits are not included in STATS for PPP , average/median wage etc

If you understand this, you will understand that finaly we don't pay a lot of money for housing even if it is very expensive!
Immobilier : les Français sont plutôt bien lotis en Europe

The following link, your link
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...spo_menage.png
which is showing that we have one of the highest SPA in EUrope does not even include State BENEFITS (HLM, APL, Primes, Xmas bonuses, Kids bonuses etc) and it does not include that we were taking money from our gross to finance our public pensions!!!! the net in the UK and Germany are divided by cost of living BUT their net income is used to pay for private Pensions ! Whereas it is not like this in France

It is very important to understand that to understand that France is greatest country on earth economically speaking
I am a young economist and it is clearly true that our economic situation is excellent but unknown!

Last edited by amaroW; 03-15-2017 at 03:22 PM..

Old 03-15-2017, 03:30 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
In France, you have an income + State benefits for many French people like APL (150/300 euros a month for housing benefits) + "prime d'activité= 20/300 euros a month" for many people.

If you understand this, you will understand that finaly we don't pay a lot of money for housing even if it is very expensive!

which is showing that we have one of the highest SPA in EUrope does not even include State BENEFITS (HLM, APL, Primes, Xmas bonuses, Kids bonuses etc) and it does not include that we were taking money from our gross to finance our public pensions!!!! the net in the UK and Germany are divided by cost of living BUT their net income is used to pay for private Pensions ! Whereas it is not like this in France

It is very important to understand that to understand that France is greatest country on earth economically speaking
I am a young economist and it is clearly true that our economic situation is excellent but unknown!
For everyone, this is how the income in computed, that's clearer.
Click image for larger version

Name:	composition_revenu.png
Views:	158
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	182124

Apparently no (edit: yes it does take it into account), doesn't include "transfert sociaux en nature". (Helps like APL).

INSEE french definition of "transfert sociaux en nature" :

"Définition

Les transferts sociaux en nature correspondent aux biens et services individuels fournis aux ménages, que ces biens et services aient été achetés sur le marché par les administrations publiques ou les ISBLSM, ou qu'ils aient été produits par elles (production non marchande).

Ils comprennent donc à la fois :
- les prestations sociales en nature qui relèvent du champ de la protection sociale, c'est-à-dire les biens et services fournis directement par les administrations publiques (aide personnalisée au logement par exemple) et ceux que les ménages bénéficiaires achètent eux-mêmes et se font ensuite rembourser (médicaments, soins médicaux) ;
- et les transferts de biens et services individuels non marchands produits par les administrations publiques ou les ISBLSM, en particulier l'éducation et la santé."

We could also compare the "level of life" (strictly translated) maybe it's even better than this income per household...I'm not gonna investigate this more. We are rich in Europe, France included, we should work hard to maintain this and i hope UE will continue to harmonize quality of lives between its member, that's the most important by far. Richer Italians and Spannish = Richer french !

Last edited by Pokitobounto; 03-15-2017 at 03:54 PM..

Old 03-15-2017, 03:30 PM

For example Germany it's 19 582 euros without private Pensions ? I understand nothing

Pokitobounto : So it does not take into account state subsidies And for the pension contributions of other countries?

Old 03-15-2017, 03:32 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarow View Post
it is very important to understand that to understand that france is greatest country on earth economically speaking
i am a young economist and it is clearly true that our economic situation is excellent but unknown!
Of course, yes :-D :-D

Old 03-15-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
For example Germany it's 19 582 euros without private Pensions ? I understand nothing

Pokitobounto : So it does not take into account state subsidies And for the pension contributions of other countries?
No I think everyone is at the same level. If in germany they have 1 million euro in APL (well, equivalent) I think it won't appear, that's what I understand. Maybe I'm wrong.

But wait I ll search, National accounting is a pure mess for me, I hate accounting!

EDIT: Okay so what I understand is that the income table DOES TAKE INTO ACCOUNT all the money from the government that households receive. But not free services that some housholds can receive. The value hidden behind these "transert sociaux en nature" was 230 billion euros in 2003 (sorry that's the data I have from INSEE under my eyes). I guess it's some kind of associations (for example) that help people in need and that are paid by the government, and these associations do it for free for households.

So my post was wrong again, the table with incomes is the money that french have in their pocket for the year, help included and after paying various stuffs.

Last edited by Pokitobounto; 03-15-2017 at 03:51 PM..

Old 03-15-2017, 03:46 PM

Do not bother you the important thing is that we all eat to our hunger

Old 03-15-2017, 03:46 PM

34 posts, read 48,971 times
From the three I would like to live some years in Spain.

Italy is ok to visit but I would not live there, and France is not my style.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post

"HLM, APL, Primes, Xmas bonuses, Kids bonuses etc" : yes they take into account these stuffs. For example HLM is implicitely taken into account when the household answer to the survey and declare the amount they pay for rent. Ofc there are statistical biais with households under/over estimating when they answer but it's the job of INSEE to correct them with sophisticated calibrations and statistical imputations. I do it a little for EDF (I work with ENL and SRCV datas) and it's not easy at all , and I know INSEE does it very professionnally and their figures are accurate.
Anyway, then when INSEE compute the (available income per household)/UC they remove the price of house/appartement renting in the "gross revenu" (ie not "gross wage") and there you go, your "HLM help" is in the equation.

But I'm not an expert with this, this is not my speciality at ALL so careful...

Last edited by Pokitobounto; 03-15-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe