Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:38 AM

59 posts, read 54,587 times

Advertisements

But do the Spanish talk to strangers on buses, etc? Any small talk? That was one thing that I didn't like in the Netherlands? Yes, I appreciate the times with my host family and the cakes and boterkoeken my Dutch Oma made but apart from them getting to know locals was very hard so it was disillusioning. Maybe it's just the language barrier, I know everyone enjoys if you speak in their language?

However, after living in the NL for years I wonder if Spanish roads come close in main cities at least? Maybe they are less picture perfect but better than those in Eastern European cities like Bratislava, Warsaw, Sofia and Athens for example as Street View suggests? I just got used to good infrastructure in the Netherlands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 07:53 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daro View Post
But do the Spanish talk to strangers on buses, etc? Any small talk? That was one thing that I didn't like in the Netherlands? Yes, I appreciate the times with my host family and the cakes and boterkoeken my Dutch Oma made but apart from them getting to know locals was very hard so it was disillusioning. Maybe it's just the language barrier, I know everyone enjoys if you speak in their language?

However, after living in the NL for years I wonder if Spanish roads come close in main cities at least? Maybe they are less picture perfect but better than those in Eastern European cities like Bratislava, Warsaw, Sofia and Athens for example as Street View suggests? I just got used to good infrastructure in the Netherlands.
lol are you really doing that question? seems clear that you never paid a visit to Spain.

Spain ranks the 8th in the world in infraestructures counting micro nations! surpassing Germany, USA or the UK. In train infraestructure ranks 3rd after Japan and France and in high speed train lines 2nd.

I suppose that I answered your question.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:03 AM

In fact, i'll show you the 1st example which I've seen in Google maps seeking small roads.

This road is a barely a county road, connecting one small city with 3 very small towns which in total don't make even 10.000 inhabitants, and the road is pretty large, until it connects to another county road.

This road is probably used by few dozens cars in a hour. And it barely goes to 3 very small towns.
So take account if this road looks like that, how the roads in the cities, towns, regional, province or highways, etc look. Exactly.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:44 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daro View Post

Idk if they ll be able to maintain this quality of infrastructures in the long run (>20y, €€€€€!!), they are still young, but at the year of 2017, Spain has one of the best infrastructures in the world and Europe too.
German level.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Idk if they ll be able to maintain this quality of infrastructures in the long run (>20y, €€€€€!!), they are still young, but at the year of 2017, Spain has one of the best infrastructures in the world and Europe too.
German level.
lol of course, you're speaking about Spain. Don't forget that. In fact Spain is just growing and growing and growing more... 2nd growth in the Eurozone for the 2nd year in a row.

And this has nothing to do in relationship to be honest... Most of the Spanish actual road infraestructure was already brilliant 30 years ago. Even the rural one, don't forget that Spain has lots of cultivars so good roads are needed. In fact, Franco made lots of extremely good highways and even the small cities had always fresh & nice roads. You can check it by seeing old Spanish road movies from the 60s and 70s.

Spain had 2 economical crisis, one in the early 90s and this international one which affected the most. Besides, the roads were still exactly cared as anytime, new highways built, etc. As it will be always.

Last edited by ase42dv; 07-19-2017 at 09:28 AM..

Old 07-19-2017, 09:50 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
lol of course, you're speaking about Spain. Don't forget that.

In fact Spain is just growing and growing and growing more... 2nd growth in the Eurozone for the 2nd year in a row.
Italy is the proof that a top infrastructure can age a lot...

Between 2011 and 2014 the %of gdp spent in investment s of infrastructures -in general - was almost divided by 2 in Spain. So Spain isn't untouchable at all

https://data.oecd.org/transport/infr...investment.htm. (there are a lot of interesting figures)

You don't see lack of investments before decades... Thats the tricky thing.
And who knows what will be Spain in 30 years.

Same for every single country in Europe, France included.
Anyway it's very hypothetical.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Italy is the proof that a top infrastructure can age a lot...

Between 2011 and 2014 the %of gdp spent in investment s of infrastructures -in general - was almost divided by 2 in Spain. So Spain isn't untouchable at all

https://data.oecd.org/transport/infr...investment.htm. (there are a lot of interesting figures)

You don't see lack of investments before decades... Thats the tricky thing.
And who knows what will be Spain in 30 years.

Same for every single country in Europe, France included.
Anyway it's very hypothetical.
It won't happen.

and we're living in the present btw...

Old 07-20-2017, 03:39 AM

278 posts, read 230,779 times
This english speaking Forum as it is logical has a predominance of commenting on the glories of this origin.And where it is normal the ignorance and undervaluation by some foristas of the countries of the Mediterranen World.-

We must thank the Mediterranean forists like Pokibounto and Junter ,etc by inform in this Forum of the wonders of Southern
Europe this small Center in dimensions where the Great Culture World Western was born and continues to accumulate the best of the beauty of the Fine Arts Culture and Civilization according to a neutral organism like UNESCO despite yours smallness current .compared with.. other giants in dimensions and population.-

Old 07-20-2017, 04:39 AM

345 posts, read 269,119 times
All the users you mentioned, and yourself, are from Torremolinos, but partly from Eindzoken.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:05 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
lol of course, you're speaking about Spain. Don't forget that. In fact Spain is just growing and growing and growing more... 2nd growth in the Eurozone for the 2nd year in a row.

And this has nothing to do in relationship to be honest... Most of the Spanish actual road infraestructure was already brilliant 30 years ago. Even the rural one, don't forget that Spain has lots of cultivars so good roads are needed. In fact, Franco made lots of extremely good highways and even the small cities had always fresh & nice roads. You can check it by seeing old Spanish road movies from the 60s and 70s.

Spain had 2 economical crisis, one in the early 90s and this international one which affected the most. Besides, the roads were still exactly cared as anytime, new highways built, etc. As it will be always.
It's good that Spain is growing, it has a lot of growing to do in order to reduce unemployment and pay off its debt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe