Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:28 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times

Advertisements

Great thread. Good to know. I, personally, would skip the ticket and take my chances even re-entering the country. You should dispute it if they arrest or detain you......i wonder if the OP has been in prison for the past 2 yrs or so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 02:43 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNita View Post
I wonder did this ever get resolved.
I kinda wonder about resolution too, reading this thread;

$25 traffic ticket becomes a $619 one after 2 months - any way to reduce it?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM

13 posts, read 46,878 times
Austrian MAUT / Vignette is not enforced by Police, but by the ASFINAG. Those are the ones keeping the roads in shape. They have overhead Cams and vehicles checking the stickers on the car. Since they are not Police cars but ASFINAG Vans its a little tricky for foreigners to see what they are up to.

And it is not allowed to keep more than 3 or 4 stickers on the windhsield in the car (if there were some stickers from previous drivers and your additional 3 stickers) you might be in the limit and fined you for that rather than just an expired sticker. The other thing is. Cars have a shade film on top of the windshields that is very dark from the outside. so if you put the sticker on make sure that it is below that or the cams and the patroling cars cannot see them clearly and maybe taken another (already expired) sticker for reference.

So all in all it is tricky. The fines are very high, no doubt in that even for Austrians.
Still hope that you had fun in my homecountry (actually my hometown is just 20min away from Linz)

br, a

Edit: oh and Austrian Highways have an enforced speelimit of 80Miles/h but noone will probably stop you if you are close to 92Miles/h (construction zones are way stricter) .

Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM

218 posts, read 362,429 times
[quote=JL;i wonder if the OP has been in prison for the past 2 yrs or so...[/quote]

Good point JL!!! That gave me a bit of a chuckle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe