Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 AM

555 posts, read 1,184,025 times

Advertisements

Well Fargo its been a long time. And although I could never live there again, you will always have a special place in my heart. Not a day goes by when I dont think about the 5 years I spent in good ol' Fargo ND.

I arrived in 2001 looking for a new start. I knew I had to get out of the big city to get my life on track. That is exactly what Fargo allowed me to do more then I could ever hope for. I went to Fargo as an unemployed druggie alcoholic with no real work experience or schooling who only cared about the club/party scene in LA/NYC. I left Fargo in 2005 a college educated man who had put his life in order and open the doors to a better life.

I miss how nice everyone in fargo is
I miss cheap rents
I miss complaining about the IBEAM on thursdays but always having a good time at the place during the weekend
I miss the grand forks dances
I miss my job at Dakota Boys Ranch, and IC system which allowed me to pay my rent, have money left over and go to Europe and the people I worked with
I miss how helpful the teachers were at MSUM
Hell I even miss the pretty snow (but not to much)
I miss the friendliness and openess of getting to know strangers
I miss the farm boys
But most of all I miss the city as a whole

Fargo and the people of Fargo I want to say thank you, I dont know if I will ever go back as I lost touch with the few friends I made there, but know I think of you daily and Fargo will always have a piece of my heart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 PM

72 posts, read 232,244 times
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Spread the word that Fargo is not such a bad place. There are still so many negative perceptions out there. Best of luck to you!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
That is a very nice way to describe Fargo. I appreciate what you shared, and wish you all the best. Pat yourself on the back for I know you had to work hard to get to where you are. Good luck in all your endeavors!!

Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 PM

927 posts, read 2,467,001 times
I was there at a simliar time you were, from 2002 - 2006.

While I would never live there again, I do miss the simpleness of life there. Cheap rent, running into friendly faces everywhere, and the good hearted genuine people.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
I was there at a simliar time you were, from 2002 - 2006.

While I would never live there again, I do miss the simpleness of life there. Cheap rent, running into friendly faces everywhere, and the good hearted genuine people.

So what bought you to good ol fargo? Where did you end up afterwards?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 AM

927 posts, read 2,467,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
So what bought you to good ol fargo? Where did you end up afterwards?
I went to school at MSUM. From there, I moved down to Minneapolis and lived from 2006 - 2010.

Now, I live in Los Angeles, working in the music industry.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:59 AM

Oh cool, I always loved going to "the cities" as they called it. I graduated from MSUM in 2005- Community Health before getting to NYC.
How is LA treating you?

Old 05-19-2012, 04:32 PM

35 posts, read 96,741 times
What do you guys not miss about here?
I'm always pondering moving to "the big city", but reasons like you've put above keep me from doing so. Love the friendliness, affordability and simplicity of this area. So not trying to start any wars about negatives with other posters, I'm just curious as to what those have lived here & moved on to bigger cities find better outside of here.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 AM

For me WEATHER...I do NOT miss the cold weather...brrrrrrr. That first winter I almost died with all that snow and cold weather haha
The population not diverse enough
Everything closes so early
The exspense to fly out of Fargo
Everyone knows or is related to someone who you came in contact with
Not enough for the "alternative" lifestyle
Nearest big city is four hours away (Minneapolis)
The clubs would really be the SAME people week in and week out
Maybe this has changed but at that time the amount of people "out" about their sexuality even though I was never ever discriminated against which was a shock to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo