Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times

Advertisements

I was in Cupertino, CA today at Whole Foods. Saw a beautiful Indian woman. Well-dressed, very pretty, well-defined legs, slender, beautiful skin. She was incredible. She was in her 50s, but looked to be in her 30s. She appeared to be very particular about the food she picked for herself and her family. Such beauties are commonplace in this area from San Francisco and Marin to San Jose.

A woman doesn't have to let herself go once she reaches a certain age as has kids. Aging gracefully is not hard and quite simple. Aging ungracefully appears to take all the work in the world though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
Yes, very simple................. Eat healthy, exercise........use Retin-a beginning in your late 20s!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I was in Cupertino, CA today at Whole Foods. Saw a beautiful Indian woman. Well-dressed, very pretty, well-defined legs, slender, beautiful skin. She was incredible. She was in her 50s, but looked to be in her 30s. She appeared to be very particular about the food she picked for herself and her family. Such beauties are commonplace in this area from San Francisco and Marin to San Jose.

A woman doesn't have to let herself go once she reaches a certain age as has kids. Aging gracefully is not hard and quite simple. Aging ungracefully appears to take all the work in the world though.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

I'm curious ... how did you know she was in her 50s? If she looked like she was in her 30s, maybe she was.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:47 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,935 times
I just turned 40 and I think I look pretty good.Pic in profile. I'm not going to claim that I look 25, but I think i'm a damn good 40. I have good skin. I always have. I guess it makes up for having bad hair. I use absolutely nothing on my skin. Never have. I think it's time to start and don't really know where start from. I'm definitely going to have to start using something

Old 03-06-2011, 12:21 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,841 times
Start out taking care of your skin while you are young. That is what I did and I don't have the wrinkles alot of women my age have. Also, limit the sun and stay out of tanning beds. And...I know some will disagree with me on this, but don't be paper thin. I have seen way too many people obsess about being thin that they tend to look older! I am not saying stay overweight. Just keep a medium build. Oh yeah...stay from the smokes!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:15 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,052,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Start out taking care of your skin while you are young. That is what I did and I don't have the wrinkles alot of women my age have. Also, limit the sun and stay out of tanning beds. And...I know some will disagree with me on this, but don't be paper thin. I have seen way too many people obsess about being thin that they tend to look older! I am not saying stay overweight. Just keep a medium build. Oh yeah...stay from the smokes!
I completely agree with you Tarragon. I have meticulously taken are of my skin since about the age of 30, although I grew up in Southern Caifornia and lived there until 3 years ago - went to the beach way too much when I was younger.

I was at my dermatologists the other day and she has a newspaper article taped to the counter in each treatment room - the title is something like "Tanning Beds worse than arsenic poisoning."

Drinking plenty of water is great for your skin, eating lots of fruits and vegetables, taking a daily multi-viatin, having a yearly physical to make sure your body is not lacking in any nutrients or vitamins, visiting the dermatologist once a year for a well check, exfoliating, using sun screen judiciously, moisturizing daily (even when you have oily skin) and cleansing throughly at least once a day - these are the main tenants of good skin care.

But there is one thing that you can't buy or make - and that is great genes. Good genes have a lot to do with having nice skin.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:50 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Some lose their looks at 25. Some are still attractive at 40.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:54 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
I'm in my 50's. If I find a drunk 60 year old....I still look like a goddess!!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:04 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,459,316 times
Cicely Tyson at 77. lol Thats what Im talking about.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:37 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Stevie Nicks - she's had a botox treatment but hated it and claims she'll never do it again. Other than that, she's had 8 years of addiction to tranquilizers, a cocaine recovery issue, and she went up to over 170 pounds and back down to 125...

She looks - astounding.

And she's 63 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty