Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 02:08 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,137 times

Advertisements

If so, what kind of doctor prescribed it to you? I'm interested in trying it for my short sparse lashes, and also to help my balding brows. Problem is, I don't know how to get it. Any advice or experiences with it?

I only go to walk-in clinics when there's a health problem, so I don't have a certain doctor in mind for myself. Would a clinic help with this? I can just imagine the receptionist asking what I'm there for, and then trying to tell her, "I'm trying to get hooked up with some Latisse", when they have all these people coming in with serious health problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 12:58 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,639 times
I've thought about it but I just can't justify the cost (I think it runs about $150/month?) even though I'd only have to pay for the Latisse itself (I see a dermatologist under my health insurance)

I do have thim brows (due to a sluggish thyriod, I never overplucked since I didn't have much to begin with..) Anyway - my derm recommended applying Rogaine! I was pretty skeptical at first but the husband had some (he had switched to Propecia) - so I thought "why not"? It takes a while to see results but it def works Get the liquid kind (not foam) and apply with a qtip to the brow area.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,885 times
I have used it for 1-2 years now lol. I didn't realize it until I just thought about it. I had an event that I needed to look extra good for, and decided to use it instead of fake lashes, and wow was so impressed have been since. Its about $100 or a bottle and actually it lasts me about 3 months if I use it daily (or almost every day sometimes I forget). Any doctor can prescribe it, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, doctors at med spas. My husband prescribes it for me, but there are any types of docs you can go to.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,999,223 times
Just remember, you have to keep using it, or your lashes will return to their normal 'sparse' state....it's like Rogaine for men....

Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
You really should just use false eyelashes. You'd have to use Latisse for 3-4 months to see results and you'd have spent around $500 PLUS by that time. And it may not even work for you, or may actually make your eyelashes fall out or make the skin around your eyes a lot darker than it used to be. All that for the same effect you can get from safer and (much) cheaper false eyelashes.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:52 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,140,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I've thought about it but I just can't justify the cost (I think it runs about $150/month?) even though I'd only have to pay for the Latisse itself (I see a dermatologist under my health insurance)

I do have thim brows (due to a sluggish thyriod, I never overplucked since I didn't have much to begin with..) Anyway - my derm recommended applying Rogaine! I was pretty skeptical at first but the husband had some (he had switched to Propecia) - so I thought "why not"? It takes a while to see results but it def works Get the liquid kind (not foam) and apply with a qtip to the brow area.
I may try the Rogaine for the brows and falsies for the lashes. The brows are a bigger problem. I look ill these days without my browliner. As a teen, they used to be like caterpillars. IDK what happened.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
The eye drops for glaucoma-Lumigan- is what Latisse is based on. After a few months on it I realized my lashes were longer. My eye doc told me why. Patients told their doctors about this nice side effect and Latisse was developed.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,885 times
One $100 bottle lasts me 3-4 months. And I think I first started seeing results at about 2 months.....4 months was when the full results were evident. It definitely worked for me with no negative side effects, and a few years later I am still using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You really should just use false eyelashes. You'd have to use Latisse for 3-4 months to see results and you'd have spent around $500 PLUS by that time. And it may not even work for you, or may actually make your eyelashes fall out or make the skin around your eyes a lot darker than it used to be. All that for the same effect you can get from safer and (much) cheaper false eyelashes.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,606,309 times
bimatoprost is the generic name. hella cheaper than Latisse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty