Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 03:19 PM

151 posts, read 613,054 times

Advertisements

What is the best way to care for your Clarisonic?

After using my brush both morning and in the evening, and while the brush is spinning at a high speed, I run some warm water over the brush head for a minute or so to maintain basic cleaning. I then detach the brush head and clean it with my WEN Cleansing Conditioner to get all of the dirt and cleanser off the brush. I then try to make sure that it is dry by attaching the brush head onto the Clarisonic and with it spinning at a high speed, I hold it against a clean washcloth for for approximately 10 seconds to dry. Once I feel that the brush is dry, I apply the protector and put it back on charge. I also make sure I rinse out the interior under the sink or shower head every time I use the brush.

Am I caring for my Clarisonic the correct way? It is recommended that you change the brush heads every 3-4 months, however, I like to change mine every month. Also, since I'm changing the brush heads so frequently, is it really necessary that I clean the brush heads with the WEN Cleansing Conditioner every single time I use the Clarisonic?

I just purchased my Clarisonic the other day from Sephora. I was using microfiber cloths, but I think this is better.

Thank you and I hope someone can give me some insight on whether I am doing the right things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 03:58 PM

Is it really even necessary to do this especially if I change my brush head every month? I was just at Sephora and was told by a sales associate that using a shampoo or anti-bacterial hand soap was completely optional, as she believed the cleanser I used in synergy with the brush would keep it clean. She recommended just running warm water over the brush head with every use for hygienic purposes. Again, she said using a shampoo or anti-bacterial hand soap was not necessary.

What are your thoughts? Am I over analyzing things?

Old 06-25-2011, 04:06 PM

Personally, I would much rather use only water as cleaning the brush every morning and night with the method I described above is adding additional time to my routine, which is starting to become more of a household chore than a beauty program.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:16 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
I clean my clarisonic with Philosophy's Purity. In fact, I clean all of my makeup brushes with that and it works really well.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
I would pour alcohol or hydrogen peroxide over it and then rinse at least just to make sure its germ free.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:54 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,875 times
I just use some of my antibacterial hand soap from Bath and Body Works to clean the brush head. I love my Clarisonic!!! I has helped me SO much with my cystic acne. It's worth every penny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty