Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 05:42 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
LMFAO

I have boobs that are on the rather large side so if im wearing some a little low cut I have lots of cleavage compared to a woman who isn't so top heavy.
I have difficulty with that comparison

Anything under C cup becomes invisible to me My eyes progress as if they caught glimpse of the, say, USPS drop box
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 05:45 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
What I REALLY hate and find totally disgusting is when FAT women go all out and try to show that they have cleavage. Its like its one thing they think they have going for themselves physically. Im like "Um, sweetheart, you can try to over emphasize your cleavage all you want and think that you look sexy and are attracting guys, but in reality your obesity is turning them off. Salma Hayak cleavage = awesome. Fat chick cleavage = GROSS.

Oh, and another thing - I also think its gross and low class when women refer to their cleavage/breasts as "the girls". As in "Yeah, girlfriend, Im bringing the girls out tonight and hope to find me a man...." Instant gross out when I hear that.
Salma Hayek is alright, Laoman, until she opens her mouth.

That's when she sounds like the janitor who shuts the men's room whenever I want to pee

Hey, I like fat chicks. As long as she is not a 300 lbs character Honestly, I find overweight women more attractive, as they are naturally pretty, without a man's chest for example.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:17 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
My theory is that women show cleavage, because they know the guys love it.
If the guys did not love it, the woman would not show it.
If guys thought it was gross, women would not show it.
Even if women thought it was beautiful or more comfortable to show it, if men did not enjoy it, women would cover up.
Of course women show off their assets to men! Our physical attributes are the only way they really take stock of us, after all. But it runs deeper than that. Not everything is for men, regardless of what they think. Women are also highly competitive with one another, and I think the various aspects of showing oneself off reflect that.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I've never dressed to show cleavage, and they stare anyway! I never did like men gawking at my breasts, and never have understood why some women actually want random men doing that. Look at the gowns the actresses wear. Talk about wanting attention! Some of them barely cover their nipples. But, if there were to be a "nip slip", they would claim to be so embarrassed. Really? You're practically showing your nipples anyway.
I am small on top and and once in a while, I'll catch a man looking at my chest area. This weirds me out because I thought men only liked large breasts. I can't imagine how awkward and uncomfortable it must be for those who are built and deal with it a lot!

Old 08-17-2011, 06:29 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,226 times
Many women don't want to show cleavage because it's annoying to always have to say, "Hey fella, up here. My face is up here."

Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Of course women show off their assets to men! Our physical attributes are the only way they really take stock of us, after all. But it runs deeper than that. Not everything is for men, regardless of what they think. Women are also highly competitive with one another, and I think the various aspects of showing oneself off reflect that.
If thats all you bring to the table...

I would like to mean more than that to a guy. Just another reason to not dress that extreme. You dress like a ho you get treated like one more often than not. More so with younger women. It drives me insane when my friends dress that way and then complain about men only being interested in the body and not the mind as well. Or they just attract a lot of garbage guys that really have zero interest in them because the guy is just going: "boobsboobsboobsboobs" in the brain. They do that enough already without everything hanging out.

If your chest is OTT big...you could wear a turtleneck and people would stare. But your cleavage does not start at the clavicle bone even at that size.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,226 times
Cleavage obsessed guys ~ how do you look in a Speedo? Just askin'.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:32 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,227 times
Quote:
LaoTzuMindFu

What I REALLY hate and find totally disgusting is when FAT women go all out and try to show that they have cleavage. Its like its one thing they think they have going for themselves physically. Im like "Um, sweetheart, you can try to over emphasize your cleavage all you want and think that you look sexy and are attracting guys, but in reality your obesity is turning them off. Salma Hayak cleavage = awesome. Fat chick cleavage = GROSS.

Oh, and another thing - I also think its gross and low class when women refer to their cleavage/breasts as "the girls". As in "Yeah, girlfriend, Im bringing the girls out tonight and hope to find me a man...." Instant gross out when I hear that.

Oh lol.... Why do you want to look their disgusting cleavage? Turn your head or close your eyes. You cannot see it if you do not set your eyes to it

Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
If thats all you bring to the table...

I would like to mean more than that to a guy. Just another reason to not dress that extreme. You dress like a ho you get treated like one more often than not. More so with younger women. It drives me insane when my friends dress that way and then complain about men only being interested in the body and not the mind as well. Or they just attract a lot of garbage guys that really have zero interest in them because the guy is just going: "boobsboobsboobsboobs" in the brain. They do that enough already without everything hanging out.

If your chest is OTT big...you could wear a turtleneck and people would stare. But your cleavage does not start at the clavicle bone even at that size.
I didn't say that's all I bring to the table and I do agree with you...but I also believe that's all most men really see.

Agreed about women and the hypocrisy...I have more than 1 friend who will wear revealing clothing and post pictures of herself dressed so all over the place, then feign outrage when men stare and make comments.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:44 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That depends on the woman. Some women do it because they love to have men look at them in a sexy way. Some women do it because it makes them feel better about themselves. Some do it simply as a fashion statement or personal sense of style. Side boobage is what I personally think is the best though.

I would not go so far as to call it trashy though like some poster here said. Trashy is the total package, not just showing boob. I once saw Salma Hayak showing a LOT of boob during brunch one week and she looked AMAZING!! Saw another chick showing a lot less boob who looked like a sterotypical trailer park Budweiser drinking, cigarette smoking, hair in curlers, walmart shopping, welfare living, dried up wrinkly elephant grey, straw haired, 38 year old NASCAR grandma and SHE looked trashy.

Trashyness is in the complete package, NOT just showing cleavage.
Salma would look hot without it hanging out. But anyway she makes her money on being a sex symbol.Its her job to look that way. Everyday women...uhhh not really. And I wouldn't be looking to Hollywood starlets of the sexually geared kind to be examples of modesty and self respect. They are the semi-trashy wild girl fantasy selling sex. Back in the real world you dress like that and show up to your job you are getting sent right back home to change to meet company dress code policy. Unless you are a bar wench or various other positions where your requirement is to look like a hunk of meat for play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty