Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I am particularly drawn to the main portrait, left of center. (wish I could see the detail of the smaller pieces..)

Whose work is this? I like it. I am an artist, as well as art enthusiast!
All of them are from friends - I will never go and buy a piece of art from a store and hang it on my wall - it has no meaning. However, there has been some pieces on Etsy that has caught my attention. All the photographs and smaller pieces are photographs I've taken. Paris, Saddam bucks [not a photo, but the actual pre-invasion Iraq money], Afghan people portrait, Colosseum at Rome, Grand Place at Brussels, a cross at the top of a mountain at San Vito Lo Capo - Sicily, and some signs around/near the Notre Dam.

All my art work, I give to people. I don't find any value in hanging up my art work on my own wall!

For what it's worth, this is something I did during a class [completely unrelated to art...]:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3876/176/38/577938090/n577938090_1822529_4439904.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM

228 posts, read 500,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post

So, the only t-shirts I wear are solid colors or patterns. I don't wear t-shirts with phrases or logos. . .

edit: I'm not a midget... I Think she was wearing four-five inch heels that night. Also, that was post-deployment - I outgrew most of my shirts..

Did you outgrow your pants too, cuz in that pic on the left they are waaayyy too tight.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:01 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
All of them are from friends - I will never go and buy a piece of art from a store and hang it on my wall - it has no meaning. However, there has been some pieces on Etsy that has caught my attention. All the photographs and smaller pieces are photographs I've taken. Paris, Saddam bucks [not a photo, but the actual pre-invasion Iraq money], Afghan people portrait, Colosseum at Rome, Grand Place at Brussels, a cross at the top of a mountain at San Vito Lo Capo - Sicily, and some signs around/near the Notre Dam.

All my art work, I give to people. I don't find any value in hanging up my art work on my own wall!

For what it's worth, this is something I did during a class [completely unrelated to art...]:

^Very cool!

I've given alot of stuff away, but I have also sold alot of my work @ shows, both to friends & strangers.
I miss those pieces, lol...especially this one:

*This was a pretty big wall-piece, I was very inspired when I did this...
A couple I know have this in their home.

I have no probem hanging my own art on my walls, lol. Certain pieces I refuse to part w/, they just carry so much meaning to me.
They speak to me...they are me.

I don't paint so much anymore, but do alot of crafty handmade & digital art pieces. I find it a more effective outlet of expression.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuous1 View Post
Did you outgrow your pants too, cuz in that pic on the left they are waaayyy too tight.
Yeah, in fact I did. Six months of heavy squats...

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
^Very cool!

I've given alot of stuff away, but I have also sold alot of my work @ shows, both to friends & strangers.
I miss those pieces, lol...especially this one:

*This was a pretty big wall-piece, I was very inspired when I did this...
A couple I know have this in their home.

I have no probem hanging my own art on my walls, lol. Certain pieces I refuse to part w/, they just carry so much meaning to me.
They speak to me...they are me.

I don't paint so much anymore, but do alot of crafty handmade & digital art pieces. I find it a more effective outlet of expression.
Stoked on the color scheme and how you've depicted the moon in such a way.

I only draw/paint when I am bored - that usually comes about once a year for two weeks or so. There are some pieces I miss, but for the most part I'm happy it's hanging on someone elses wall.

You've got any other art I could take a peek at?

Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 PM

i hijacked my own thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
Puma Clyde Script Suede - 351907-09 - Athletic Inspired Shoes - Free Shipping - SHOEBACCA.com

I want a pair of these.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 PM

For whatever reason, I don't like shoes with thick soles.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
Quote:
For whatever reason, I don't like shoes with thick soles.
What type of casual shoes do you typically wear?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:39 PM

I only wear boots (Red Wing Iron Ranger and Wolverine 1000 mile). If I'm at the gym, I wear Converse All Star/Adidas Powerlift Trainers/Brooks for running. When I'm out, I wear Derby/Chelsea/boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty