Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,369,161 times

Advertisements

I'm french, and I sometimes hear some things from american women as "French women are great, so beautiful, so stylish".In the US you can find some books about french women, an obsession.
But honestly I don't understand why, because I live here since my birth (23 years) and I don't live in the US again (soon)..And I can say french women aren't really so special, that wasn't different in other countries I visited (UK, USA/California, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Russia), they're not more beautiful or stylish than other women, they buy more underwears and wears but that's all.Moreover they're really superficial, and most of attractive women aren't available because they're not able to be single more than 1 week, it's so ridiculous..
I must be honest :Young Russian women are much more beautiful and sexy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 11:47 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
Laetitia Casta, Carole Bouquet, Emmanuelle Béart....
I rest my case.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:12 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,369,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Laetitia Casta, Carole Bouquet, Emmanuelle Béart....
I rest my case.
You don't think all french women are like that, seriously ?
I love Jessica Alba and Kristen Bell, but I know most of american women aren't like that

Old 08-16-2010, 04:59 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
I'm french, and I sometimes hear some things from american women as "French women are great, so beautiful, so stylish".In the US you can find some books about french women, an obsession.
But honestly I don't understand why, because I live here since my birth (23 years) and I don't live in the US again (soon)..And I can say french women aren't really so special, that wasn't different in other countries I visited (UK, USA/California, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Russia), they're not more beautiful or stylish than other women, they buy more underwears and wears but that's all.Moreover they're really superficial, and most of attractive women aren't available because they're not able to be single more than 1 week, it's so ridiculous..
I must be honest :Young Polish women are much more beautiful and sexy
Yup, fixed lol.

But seriously, people are the same everywhere you go as far as I'm concerned. For every superficial French girl, there's an American and Russian one. But, as long as we're talking about French girls, I heart Alizee lol, love love love her music.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:44 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
Isn't the problem with the French their hygiene? Every French person I've had contact with has BO and dog breath. Maybe I'm just ultra sensitive to that stuff but I don't think I could be in a relationship with a girl that doesn't have good hygiene.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:28 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,317,834 times
I agree with the OP, we are normal women, nothing bad about us, nothing ultra special either... (I'm French)
I guess it's the same in every country, you have beauties, and ugly ducklings!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Isn't the problem with the French their hygiene? Every French person I've had contact with has BO and dog breath. Maybe I'm just ultra sensitive to that stuff but I don't think I could be in a relationship with a girl that doesn't have good hygiene.
I've never found either one of those to be true, but I do think lots of French women have a cool 'earthiness' that men do find very sexy.....and then there is that unbeatable accent.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I've never found either one of those to be true, but I do think lots of French women have a cool 'earthiness' that men do find very sexy.....and then there is that unbeatable accent.
Well, you sure are right about that French accent!

Old 08-16-2010, 01:54 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,062 times
It's appealing because it's different - no other reason really.

Oh, and I love how the OP said when referring to countries "USA/California" - As if California were all that comprises the USA God help us all if that were the case!

Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,814,475 times
There are beautiful people everywhere in this world.

People think differently, so one might find a person beautiful and other might find him/her quite ugly. It is a matter of opinion...that is all.

That being said...French women are as beautiful as many other women in the world, they just have a greater sense of good taste, imo.

I have seen French women dressed with many clothes bought at inexpensive stores pair them with few expensive pieces... and end up with countless fantastic looks for a (relatively, we are talking French standards!) low cost.

They have great taste, and know how to enhance their beauty. They know what looks good on them (color, style, etc.) and know where to shop well.

And I think they are all very pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty