Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times

Advertisements

I really thought it was hype. Now I am completely psyched! Coupled with the caffeine eye roller for puffiness, and I now look as if I slept 8 hours to my literal 5. Good stuff!!

Last edited by redvelvet709; 07-16-2012 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM

484 posts, read 854,915 times
I will check it out.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:59 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times

Your body is trying to tell you something.

Nothing can replace a good night's sleep.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Well I have to agree, nothing replaces a good nights sleep. Ive tried about every remedy available but most are just 'cosmetic', and just to get through the day, not permanent. If the stuff really works, I'll spend the money on it.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
You may want to switch to one of those cold pack masks for puff. Over time the caffeine roller can make the problem worse. (like how you shouldn't over use eye drops)

Is that other one tinted? I saw those and I wondered how the coverage was.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:34 AM

370 posts, read 654,537 times
I use it. I LOVE IT!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
but genetics plays such a huge roll in under eye darkness. nothing can change that. now there are plenty of products to mask it or cover it but change it?....I don't believe it.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 PM

141 posts, read 426,443 times
I have used it in the past. I have dark circles that are genetic so it won't do much to help that but it does work well for puffy eyes. Now if someone could recommend a good product for reducing age/sunspots that works well please let me know. I used to have a great complexion but when I got pregnant I developed spots right on my forehead and on my cheekbones. I have high cheekbones so they are quite noticeable. Foundation and cover up doesn't do anything to lighten them. Any suggestions?

Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephkp View Post
I have used it in the past. I have dark circles that are genetic so it won't do much to help that but it does work well for puffy eyes. Now if someone could recommend a good product for reducing age/sunspots that works well please let me know. I used to have a great complexion but when I got pregnant I developed spots right on my forehead and on my cheekbones. I have high cheekbones so they are quite noticeable. Foundation and cover up doesn't do anything to lighten them. Any suggestions?
I have a 3 way combo that helped with my dark spots (all from target):
1. brightening toner from Boots []drugstore.com Online Pharmacy - Prescription Drugs, Health and Beauty, plus more
2. serum: []Buy Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum & More | drugstore.com
3. brightening day cream: []Buy Boots Botanics Face Renewal Cream SPF15 & More | drugstore.com

I used to use the "NP Set" brand serum. This one works well too, but tends to be sold out more at my local Targets, so I am using the protect and perfect instead. Great results with both.

I used to have tons of dark spots on my forehead, and since I am darker, my skin marks easily. Heat rashes cause dark spots for me.

These is my ongoing maintenance plan and has pretty much taken care of all of my dark spots. (I am on about year 4 of this regimen) I do have a couple more that may need some direct treatment, but this covers most of them. Dark spots from heat rashes disappear after about 2 weeks, and I am generally really even in tone.

I switch cleansers all the time. So I have no idea if one would make a difference. Occasionally I switch to orange blossom water for toner.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:54 PM

141 posts, read 426,443 times
Thanks Jade,

I will have to look for those next time I am in Target. I have been using Garnier's dark spot corrector for a few months and it helps a little on my forehead but the ones on my cheekbones are more resistant.

I try to stay out of the sun and use sunscreen. I have seen the one that Clinique makes but it is way to pricey for me.

Target is more in my price range so I will give those a try.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty