Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 07:18 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,155,125 times

Advertisements

What do you think of the fashions on QVC?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
much is great for the matronly crowd...

Old 09-06-2013, 07:49 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Their apparel appears to be cut for post menopausal bodies in garish designs. Stay awaaaaay.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:03 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,022,561 times
My opinions overlap depending on which brand we're talking about.
Matronly, schlocky, junk, ugly, questionable fashion designs..

Denim and Co, Quacker Factory -- old and kitchy (sp)
Susan Graver - BUTT UGLY
Isaac Mizrahi - he tries, poor thing. SOME things are cute. They just over sell it as hot stuff.
Dennis Basso, Robert Simington, Louis Del Olio, Liz Claiborne, Bob Mackie, Stan herman, Carole Hochman....whatever....
SOME things are cute, MOST I don't like.

Shoes and Bags...more than I've ever pay.

I like a bigger percentage of the jewelry I see, than the clothes.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Very meh. Women who have decided to "sit out" their 40's and 50s (because of their weight?) definitely comes to mind. If they want to tweak this brand for this demographic, they should look very closely at the clothing company CHICO's.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:19 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
If you know your body type and have your own sense of style, you can shop anywhere and look good. I have bought almost all of my clothes from QVC for the past 25 years and a day does not go by that I don't receive compliments on how nice I look. I never understand all of the QVC bashing, except for the high shipping fees which really do help pay salaries. I dress age appropriate and am not overweight. I just prefer not to go to the mall. Of course, I also order many things online and I know what looks good on me and what does not. That is the key to looking good. Let's face it, most of us do not look good in trends that are made for teens and young adults unless you are in those age groups, and trends are really a waste of money in the long run. If you want a trendy item, make it an accessory.

I don't consider SG ugly. I do think that her styles, for the most part, are just basics and then people can add whatever accessories. I also have some things from the other designers. Again, buy what looks good on you. By a certain age, you should know what that is. The nice thing at QVC is that they have models in all different sizes and you can get an idea of how a garment will look on you.

Probably the designer that I have had the most compliments on is from HSN and that is Antthony.

Do I generally wear Quaker Factory--no. However, I found a fabulous evening outfit in my closet when I was going on a cruise and had never worn it. When I looked at the label, it was Quaker. I have no idea how that happened, but I wore it on "formal" night on the cruise, and again, got many compliments. I have never seen anything like it since and really don't remember it being shown.

Years ago, when Kathy Levine was a QVC host, they had a lot of fancy clothing and she did a Saturday night show. I had friends who borrowed some of those clothes that I owned for various functions. That might be where the Quaker outfit came from because Kathy would not show clothing with ducks, frogs, and other animals on it. If you watched QVC from years ago, you know that she was a class act and the things she sold were generally the same.

As for shoes and bags, you can usually do better online but not always. The Q has the size and color selections that other stores cannot stock. You pay a price for that.

I like some of Chico's clothes, but some of the reviews are very poor, especially when you consider the price point. The OP should look at different catalogs, compare styles, and then compare pricing and reviews.

I was an educator for 30 years and not a day went by, including recently, when my students did not tell me how nice I looked. For teenagers to even notice what a teacher is wearing and then make a nice comment tells me that I looked at least okay and most of those clothes came from QVC.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:29 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,701 times
I feel that theyre trying really really hard to be fashionable, but completely miss the boat.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Their "fashions" tend to cater to the trailer bound crowd in fly-over country. And their merchandise is overpriced for the quality (which looks atrocious on screen)

Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I think that QVC is more of an equal opportunity clothier. They seem to have something for everyone, in every size. Good for them. Having said that, I can't seem to order anything that fits! And shipping is expensive.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Their "fashions" tend to cater to the trailer bound crowd in fly-over country. And their merchandise is overpriced for the quality (which looks atrocious on screen)
The clothing does seem extraordinarily expensive for low quality looking stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty