Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes, I would 73 43.20%
No, I wouldn't 96 56.80%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:27 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times

Advertisements

Please report any comments that are bashing people who have tattoos in a manner that is similar to gender/race bashing. We should feel free to say we do or do not like a thing, but making blanket statements about a given subset of people that are cruel and unkind isn't acceptable.

Thanks.

Last edited by RedZin; 01-28-2014 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM

254 posts, read 318,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
If they are truly attractive and knew it they would NOT have tattoos ...Some of the time those who see them selves as un-attractive will use tattooing as a diversionary thing - they imagine if people are looking at the tattoos they will not be looking closely at them.....Super intelligent or high class men or woman do not have tattoos... They represent the lower classes...that is how I was brought up in the old days...My parents believed the only ones that were tattooed were wayward sailors with a dark history....common truck drivers...and jail birds.
Given your grammar we can safely assume you're not one among them.

And a wayward female sailor sounds kind of sexy to me. I have no problem with women born, reared, and living in the "lower classes." I might take my future wife from out of the favelas of Brazil or the slums of Panama. She might be loyal, fierce, shaped like a goddess, and work the bed like a hell-cat. Lucky me. If she bows before Christ and Madonna we are all good. The pretensions of wealth and the elite can be dealt with at a later time and given the due it deserves (which is not much).

Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,201,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Please report any comments that are bashing people who have tattoos in a manner that is similar to gender/race bashing. We should feel free to say we do or do not like a thing, but making blanket statements about a given subset of people that are cruel and unkind isn't acceptable.

Thanks.
Its lack of knowledge which led me to make such generalizing statements. Please, pardon me for my ignorance. Now I know the truth. Its my issue and I should have known better. I am sorry for causing this problem. I should be more careful with my choice of words.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
If they are truly attractive and knew it they would NOT have tattoos ...Some of the time those who see them selves as un-attractive will use tattooing as a diversionary thing - they imagine if people are looking at the tattoos they will not be looking closely at them.....Super intelligent or high class men or woman do not have tattoos... They represent the lower classes...that is how I was brought up in the old days...My parents believed the only ones that were tattooed were wayward sailors with a dark history....common truck drivers...and jail birds.
Yep, and all blacks are hoodlums, whites ignorant, racist, lynching bigots, veterans are just tired, washed up bullet sponges, and men are cheating, lying, women-hating dirt bags, even the Christian ones.

That all sounds about right. What is that wise saying about antiquated, prejudice and bigoted beliefs? Oh, that's right, they're antiquated, bigoted, obtuse, and prejudice.

It's one thing to not like or find something attractive. I'm not into extreme body modification myself, but I certainly don't make value judgments or generalizations about people who are into it. Whatever floats their boat. I don't find super muscular women attractive. It is not a physique that appeals to me, nor do I find the same in men attractive, but to make vitriolic statements and assumptions. Yeah, that's a negative.

Gotta love it when someone knocks a group of people for their supposed lack of intelligence while butchering English grammar in the process. Classic.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:56 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,593 times
Sure why not. I have seen Tats I find unattractive and some Tats might be a turn off but I have see others that look totally hot and others which I like or at worst don´t even notice much. I don´t have any myself.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,793,080 times
And I'm suddenly realizing that I misinterpreted the point of the thread.

While I don't necessarily find tattoos attractive, I would absolutely date someone who had them. As previously mentioned, I tend to get along better with women who do; pick your psychological reasoning for that at your leisure.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:09 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
Quote:

Thanks.
Wonderful post!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:42 PM

392 posts, read 352,025 times
Quote:
Try again, man. What a load of crap.

Let me tell you why people get tattoos. Because they LIKE THEM.

They may have various motivations behind each tattoo. Some could be just for fun. Some could have deep meaning. It's really irrelevant to everyone but the person who chose that tattoo.

There are many people in many professions who have tattoos... and I'm pretty sure you could find drug dealers and prostitutes who have no tattoos whatsoever.

Does that make them more upstanding citizens than the bank manager who has a tattoo that he keeps hidden at work? Puh-leeze.

And whyfor you dissing truck drivers? If not for them, your grocery store would be empty.

Oooops - my old school Orthodox Christian elitism is showing... I don't diss truck drivers....I respect those that bring about real wealth...real people who do real work. I guess my point was...the human body is perfect....Tattoos are just not a needed thing to enhance human beauty...Nothing can compare to the beauty of humanity. When I **** people off regarding tattoos- I do know one thing as for the honest of those who have them....IF they could wave a magic wand and have the tatts disappear....98 percent would.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 PM

392 posts, read 352,025 times
Quote:

Thanks.
Good Lord that must be a joke....If I were to "bash" a two year old who had smeared magic marker over their face would that be considered "cruel" or "unkind"..... I just don't appreciate tattoos. They are not my cup of tea....and I do believe that those who get them are making a mistake....it would be unkind of me to say...that for instance those with the stretched out ear lobes are in error....IT is going to look pretty silly and out of style when they are 50...IT would be truly unkind NOT to warn young people...about permanent markings based in fashion...Fashion changes and so do people. Don't get tattoos. That is my message.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:09 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times
I seldom find "a lot" of tatts attractive on a girl. I can live with a few or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty