Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 12:17 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,473,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Agree, and confident men of any race don't spend their time on the internet whining about how women of a certain racial group, or just women in general, won't date them.

Whiny boys get very upset because life isn't the way they think it should be. They're scared.

They turn their personal failures into "global" issues and look for confirmation of their fears, instead of trying to change themselves.

Confident men know that they can't always get their way, but they sure as hell go about trying to make things happen in life. They accept reasonable challenges knowing they might fail, but they may also succeed.

The OP has been whining about this for an awfully long time under different usernames. He's been banned numerous times, continues with his obsessions, returns, and STILL has the same problem.

Early in his posting history, other Asian Indians called him out on his garbage. Maybe they are tired of dealing with him. It seems like it will never end unless he gets help; the type he can't get on an internet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
He's very torn, that one.

Your username rocks. How appropriate for this topic!

Old 02-15-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
White men interracial marriages: 1.4 million
Black men interracial marriages: 330k
Hispanic men: 1 million plus
Asian men: 200k

I think mixing stats paint the best picture of what women consider attractive across race. Mestizo hispanics mix out percent wise in huge numbers, far surpassing all other groups because of ingrained stereotypes on whats good looking. No other people mix so freely as latinos do, because in my view, we hold the features color that translates past race.

Take a good look at interracial stats and you'll see that only when hispanics compromise a decent share of the pop does mixing even happen I'm America.

Race relations will go the way latinos shape it in USA. Our views on who its attractive is largely shaping the mixing now.
Some Latinos mix more than others. There are many latinos who only date and/or marry Latinas. In NYC, for example, many PR and Dominican guys dated fellow PR and Dominican girls. Mexicans dated Mexicans. My Brasilian father married my mother, but they ended up divorcing and now he is married to a Brasilian woman. The cultural difference was a big factor. My half-siblings, who were born here, have been raised in a dual cultural environment but their predominate culture is Brasilian and they too will probably marry a Brasilian..or maybe someone of West Indian descent (they live in Florida). Only a small percentage of my father's family married non-Brasilians. The third generation has expanded their circle to include African Americans, Mexicans, Cubans and other Latinos. Only a few that I know of married White Americans.

Diverging a bit here, let's all keep in mind that interracial marriages and relationships still comprise a statistically small number here in America. People still tend to marry and date within their own race/ethnicity for a number of reasons that are definitely valid. One of my best friends is a White woman who will only date and marry White men. She isn't racist, she would rather on an intimate scale be with her own kind.

Attractiveness, I think, depends on the environment in which you were raised. If you were raised in an environment which asserted that brown skin, voluptuous figures, etc. were attractive, then if presented with a choice between an equally attractive brown skinned person and say a paler complected person, many would pick the brown person as the most attractive, though you'd probably sleep with BOTH if you could. I was raised in a multicultural environment, so I can easily find very attractive people across the lines. Also, I would find no issue dating interracially.

Instead of the OP slamming White people because some just plain are not interested in him, he should move on to those who are receptive to his look and himself as a person

Old 02-15-2014, 12:38 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Let me blow this "theory" of yours into the water"

Public health researchers and epidemiologists know that the male homosexual community has a very real issue with promiscuity.

Men are "promisicuos" regardless of their sexual orientation. Put Men into war or in prison? They don't care because it is just sex to most men. I'm not "marrying" you or making a "life commitment".
As rude as it sounds? it's basically about 10-15 minutes of sex.

As for HIV/STDS? A bit of knowledge can prevent all those you mentioned.

I'm confused how your statements "blow out of the water" the previous comments/thoughts by others since you're saying exactly the same thing. Men are more promiscuous than women.....duh ! All you have to be is a living breathing human to realize that.

If one accepts that men in general are likely to be (or like/want to be anyway) much more promiscuous than women, then men who like men are more likely to be more promiscuous compared to women who like women, or men who like women.

Let me "lay it out" so to speak for you :-)

Men who like men:
If men are in general more promiscuous, then two men together have little or nothing to constrain their every desire and are much more likely to indulge accordingly.

Men who like women:
Men who like women desire to be promiscuous ever bit as much as the previous example, but are constrained by the women they want to be with since women in general are no where near as promiscuous as their male counterparts.

Women who like women:
Since women desire to be, and are in general, less promiscuous than males, when two women are together.......you should be able to figure this one out all by yourself hopefully.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena2345 View Post
No, I'm not talking about imperfections due to discoloration, I'm talking about aging (i.e. actual aging lines, sags, etc). Melanin actually reduces the likelihood of lines appearing prematurely. This is why most dark women, especially those that don't smoke or drink excessively, often look at least 10-15 years younger than their actual age.

I guess so. What's the obsession with looking young, anyway? It doesn't matter if you look like you're 21 forever if you aren't desirable in the first place, correct?

I say this as someone who is told CONSTANTLY that people think I'm 8-10 years younger than I really am. I dunno what else to say. When I was 40 my old boss thought I was in my late 20s. LOL. I guess I'm a freak white girl, but again, I say... who cares? Either you are desirable or you are not... youth is desirable, but only in a package that's desirable to begin with.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Ok, in your opinion, most people want to see promiscuity, witch craft, adultery, murder/violence, drug abuse, and vampire themed plots.

In my opinion, the media promotes promiscuity, witch craft, adultery, murder/violence, drug abuse and vampire themed plots on the masses. Many are simply too ignorant to turn off the TV.

Oh... no... that's the reality TV that people are too ignorant to turn off.

I don't watch that nonsense.

Yes... people want to see all the things you mentioned. And zombies.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Your username rocks. How appropriate for this topic!
Thank you. People either like it or they think I'm mean because I have it.

(Secret: I couldn't think of a username that wasn't taken when I opened my account here.)

Old 02-15-2014, 03:46 PM

60 posts, read 132,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I guess so. What's the obsession with looking young, anyway?
Looking young is obviously very important to many middle-aged white women, otherwise the "business of looking young," wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar enterprise.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if you look like you're 21 forever if you aren't desirable in the first place, correct?
Exactly, so why do they spend so much money trying to remain youthful? It would be wiser for them to just accept aging and be done with it. Imagine how much money they would save...

Old 02-15-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Looking young is obviously very important to many middle-aged white women, otherwise the "business of looking young," wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar enterprise.

Exactly, so why do they spend so much money trying to remain youthful? It would be wiser for them to just accept aging and be done with it. Imagine how much money they would save...

And yet, we are in this here thread talking about how many Asian men (specifically, Indian ones) want a rich white girl more than anything in the world. LOL. I guess they spend the money because they are wealthy and it's not big deal to them to blow cash on their looks.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Me... I'm just a white girl. I'm educated, I'm upper middle class, and I'm married to a white guy. Eh.

Let me guess... you are an Indian female? Because you seem to be taking this personally. I am not... maybe if I was a white girl who had to spend a lot on anti-aging stuff, I would be, but I look just as young as any Indian woman around here that's my age. Note: we have a TON of Indian women around here, so I know quite a few.

I could totally see why an Indian woman would take this thread personally, but let me tell you... don't.

Plenty of white men and Indian guys who aren't obsessed with attaining some weird notion of status will date and marry Indian women. Plenty of pretty Indian women out there, yanno?

Old 02-15-2014, 04:08 PM

60 posts, read 132,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Absolutely it would. It becomes a "Black movie" instead of just a movie.

Another example:

The Best Man Holiday. The movie has nothing to do with race, or racial themes exclusive to Black people. However, since the cast majority black, it doesn't get the same mainstream audience as a movie with white people, despite some mainstream actors such as Terrence Howard.
I, along with many of my black friends view movies with all white casts as "white movies."

At the end of the day, a love story is a love story, but there's something about watching black characters in a love story that keeps me interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty