Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 10:18 AM

860 posts, read 1,109,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Come on, it's obvious. It's obvious Beyonce is not 100% African, I'd bet almost anything a DNA test would prove that. Halle Berry, that one is known...Will Smith, the guy from CSI.
No black american or white american is 100% anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Attractive is partly subjective, but aren't they the most marketable because they're the most attractive? Most non-black men and black men seem to have a preference for lighter skin and less extreme African features like a wide nose.
I disagree. Most black men that I know are with black women with dark skin or brown skin and wide noses. I have also noticed that when a white man is married to a black woman, the black woman is usually dark skin or brown skin, not light skin.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_WM View Post
I think the same could be said about Vanessa Williams. This is how she used to look before cosmetic surgery. What do you think?
Agreed. Both Vanessa and Halle have African features.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
My point is that the man who only likes the Caucasian phenotype will only give either of those women the time of day only to the extent that their appearance approaches the Caucasian phenotype. To a great degree, light-skinned black women--and Latinas and Asians--are pursued by such men only in lieu of the white women they actually desire...but are less available or unavailable to them.
This isn't always true. Just because a black man is dating a light skin black woman does not mean he is interested in a white woman. He may just like black women. A light skin black woman is black, afterall.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:09 AM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
This isn't always true. Just because a black man is dating a light skin black woman does not mean he is interested in a white woman. He may just like black women. A light skin black woman is black, afterall.
I said "...man who only likes the Caucasian phenotype...." If you are talking about a man who does not only like the Caucasian phenotype, then you're talking about a different kind of man from what I was discussing.

And in my discussions with light skinned black women, I've met many who discovered that a percentage of the black men who showed interest in them actually wanted white skin...but were "settling."

Old 05-07-2014, 11:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
read it again, said brown not black

why do people think black and brown are the same thing?

and from my experience most white women exclusively like white men and are by percentage the most inclined to only date their own race even when diversity is present
Maybe because most "black" people have brown skin?

Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 AM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
I have also noticed that when a white man is married to a black woman, the black woman is usually dark skin or brown skin, not light skin.
Yes, I have noticed that once a white man gets over the basic race issue, skin color appears not to be a factor. If a white man is only interested in light skin, he'll stick with white women.

(This excludes celebrity marriages, which are based on factors far different from those we "ordinary" folk consider.)

Old 05-07-2014, 11:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Clearly he's unaware that there is no universal look for "Latino". They can be anywhere from white with blonde hair to very dark skinned.
For some reason folks don't want to understand this.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But it stings a pretty dark-skinned woman much more to hear it from a man who is just as dark.
Yup, it is totally dumb! 100% agreed. I think, did you not look in the mirror?

Quote:
I disagree. Most black men that I know are with black women with dark skin or brown skin and wide noses. I have also noticed that when a white man is married to a black woman, the black woman is usually dark skin or brown skin, not light skin.
I don't think that is the case. I have friends of all shades, and there are certain men who only want women who look a certain way, because they've been brainwashed into thinking women lighter than a certain tone are better, classer, and a host of positive attributes. We have a huge color problem in the US, and it manifests itself in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
For some reason folks don't want to understand this.
Wait, aren't all latin people supposed to look like J.Lo, Eva Mendes, Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglasias?

Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan1988 View Post
Asian male here who has exclusively dated White women his entire life and that includes foreign european girls all the way to cute blondes in sororities with rich dads. Two of the guys in my class that pledged were Indian and both are engaged to White women (one is a blonde and other is a brunette). I never knew that being Asian was a disadvantage with women until I spent time on the internet and read the countless tales from asian males saying they cannot get White girls. Soon after that when I started working I would meet Asian men who complained about not getting dates and these guys were often: geeky, shorter than average, some were fresh off the boat, sounded wimpy, and just couldn't get any girls interested.

As for your latino and black comment, I have dated White girls who actively said racist things about both races of men. A lot of it included being bothered by the fact that men of these backgrounds approached them and tried to hit on them. Some have said that if they brought home an Asian guy their parents would not be angry but if the guy was black or mexican their parents would be upset.

The reason black and latino men don't have issues is that many of them go after white women who are open minded to all races and are around such white women. Usually White females from working class backgrounds are going to care less about race than your upper middle class sorority girl who will only go for White guys in most cases. These girls would much rather go for asian male (any kind of asian) than a black or very latino looking (george lopez type) male and I have seen it from my own eyes, only exceptions tend to be athletes or guys with major status.

What you are seeing is that asian and indian men seem to cry more about their race holding them back which makes people assume that being their race sucks but the truth is that the guys doing this are so terrible with women they couldn't get a girl if they were white.

I guesss it's just a woman thing because I know white women who get upset when white men date black women. And they also get upset when even black men prefer black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty