Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 05:24 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,387,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I think if you go out in public, especially a public place you should at least put on a t shirt and some pants or something, I would never do it and I never would even in my 20s. Apologies to anyone that does but it's just something that bothers me.
No you are not weird you are very normal. I consider it a disrespect, even insult to others when people are walking anywhere except in their house in pajamas because next step will be walking around in their underwear, and the next one will be walking without it at all. I see a lot of people in pajamas where I live and it is disgusting, especially when it's heavily overweight older people. Ewwww.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 05:30 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
You won't see me out in public in PJ's unless I have to go to the ER.

It doesn't take that long to throw on a shirt and some jeans.

What I can't understand is why people show up to the office looking like they are ready for bed or ready to go out clubbing. There's a time and a place for everything.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:58 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,218,598 times
I don't go near them.

It's like they are wearing a sign that says "Look at me, I didn't take a bath and just rolled out of my sweaty sheets I had sex in!"

NASTY

Minus 10 points for greasy bed hair sticking up in the back.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:22 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
It depends on where you live, age and style. In AZ it was very popular for college girls to go oit in their PJ's.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:26 PM

163 posts, read 273,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Now, honestly this could go either way as far as the general consensus, but honestly, when I see people out in the supermarket in their PJs I just think it's pretty lazy/sloppy. Reason I bring this up is earlier, around 9 PM I was at the supermarket and saw these 3 girls (probably mid 20s) just strutting around in their PJs, one wearing some hello kitty PJs, another all pink and the other was black with stars. Now I have seen this often enough before and most of the time it is girls I see doing it. Maybe it's just me, but I think if you go out in public, especially a public place you should at least put on a t shirt and some pants or something, I would never do it and I never would even in my 20s. Apologies to anyone that does but it's just something that bothers me.
I think it's uncouth. With fashion labels coming out with "fashionable" lounge wear (sweats, e.g Juicy Couture) and athletic attire (aka gym clothes) looking more like street clothes I don't understand why women have to go out wearing PJ's. It looks lazy.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:53 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Wow, some of these comments are pretty harsh! I'm a dude, but if it's 10PM and I need something at the market, I'm gonna go there in my flip flops, basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

I honestly don't care if I look sloppy, I see women in sweatpants/PJs shopping late I never really think about it to be honest. Some are fairly attractive, actually.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:42 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
There is a time and place for everything.

Sweatpants are for exercising or lounging around when you have the flu or just keeping warm at home.

Yoga pants are for . . . well . . . yoga. Not Kroger. Not work. Not the mall.

PJs are for sleeping in. When you wake up and shower, then you get dressed to go outside.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Last week I went to the grocery store and there was a guy in his PJs shopping. Looked like a clean cut yuppie sort of guy with plaid pajama bottoms and a long sleeved T-shirt. Hmmm.

Then last night I went to pick up a pizza for my husband at Pizza Hut. There was a guy in line in front of me with sweat pants, house shoes and a ratty knee-length robe. Looked like he might have bought it 20 years ago.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:25 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Jeans on women used to be considered just as uncouth as people are talking about pajama pants being now, so it's funny to hear people saying "how hard is it to pull on jeans?!"

Tees and those flannel pj pants cover up plenty. I personally wouldn't wear them out and about, but if I don't see anything objectionable in practical terms to someone wearing them while running errands or whatever. They looks scruffy, but so do lots of non-pj clothes, and it's not like seeing someone looking scruffy is gonna sear my eyes out.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:47 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
I say wear anything you want to. But be aware that many people are judging you and that's their right just as much as it's your right to assault their sensibilities. The impression we make on people leads to opportunities we are given or opportunities that we miss because we haven't taken the time to consider how we appear. I've always ascribed to the adage, "Good clothes open all doors." And "good" does not have to mean "expensive."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty