Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 08:13 PM

559 posts, read 1,379,697 times

Advertisements

Many women have been wearing reddish/pinkish/bronze eye shadow. In movie makeup, reddish eyelids are often used to make the actor look ill or close to death. In "Return of the Living Dead," the infected people looked like this while really sick and just before they turned into brain-craving zombies.

Maybe because I grew up in the 60's and 70's, if I had to pick eye shadow colors, I favor blue, green, purple or charcoal over the reddish ones. Of course, women should wear what they want but I'm curious of the popularity of the warmer colors over the cooler ones?

I see quite a few young people (usually women) who wear a white/cream ball stud (size of a BB or peppercorn) in their upper lip. From a distance it looks like a really ripe zit. Most young people are anxious about acne so I found this type of jewelry to be puzzling. Is it a punk stance against mainstream beauty standards? Again, no issues with any type of facial jewelry but I was surprised that kids would select one that looks like a giant pimple. Any insights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
tbh ive never really been able to tell what color eye shadow people were wearing. As for the lip jewelry ive never seen it but now that youve enlightened me to it i'll prolly start seeing it every time i turn around now.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:41 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,763 times
I remember the white lipstick in the 60's that was fashionable. Probably wore it once or twice (since I was about 12)
luckily - no pictures to prove it.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:59 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Pink or reddish eye shadow can look nice with the right shades on the right skintone, especially if it's accented with other colors. It's not an easy one to pull off, but it can be done.

I've never seen white lip jewelry (only metallic, mainly silver), so I can't speak to that.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on kool aid View Post
Reason for popularity of red eye shadow and white facial jewelry?

I see quite a few young people (usually women) who wear a white/cream ball stud (size of a BB or peppercorn) in their upper lip. From a distance it looks like a really ripe zit. Most young people are anxious about acne so I found this type of jewelry to be puzzling. Is it a punk stance against mainstream beauty standards? Again, no issues with any type of facial jewelry but I was surprised that kids would select one that looks like a giant pimple. Any insights?
I haven't noticed any red eye shadow but I have seen quite a few women (and some dudes) wearing the stud on the upper lip. It in no way whatsoever looks anything like a zit to me. Sometimes, (based on the person wearing it) it looks pretty good. Other times it doesn't and usually when they have too many things in their face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty