Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 09:16 AM

260 posts, read 605,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
bald can and is beautiful on most men
If this was true, then most men who have hair would opting for hair removal surgery and you wouldn't see bald men saving up thousands of dollars for hair transplant surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 09:19 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,640,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
It helps that he's a rich actor. I don't think many women actually lust over him. I've never seen a woman of Patrick Stewart in her room.
you kidding dude?! women lust over patrick stewart, both young and old.

He's had more squirrel then an oak tree, if you know what I mean. It's not just because he's an actor, it's because of who he is as a person and the characters he plays. Same with other actors, like Jason Stathem. Women love that guy because he's masculine, tough, fit, but still has a soft side to him. At least, that's the kind of character he tends to play in movies, and women fall for the characters he plays.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
If this was true, then most men who have hair would opting for hair removal surgery and you wouldn't see bald men saving up thousands of dollars for hair transplant surgery.

lots of men nowadays are opting to shave full heads of hair off. It's now a viable and accepted hairstyle regardless of any MPB being present, be grateful your losing your hair now and not back in the 50's-60's. Besides, just because most men can look good shaved doesn't mean they can't also look good with hair. This is a harsh truth, but if your a good looking guy, you don't need hair. If your an ugly dude, no amount of hair is going to save you. You still ugly. This goes for women to, don't matter how fit and dressed to the 9's you are, your still ugly. It's all about facial structure/features/symmetry. Example: Jude law. Still a seriously good looking dude even with a short cut, MPB thing going on. It's because his face is attractive, that's what matters. And if he's a low level dude, no amount of facial attraction is going to save him either.

Men are going to great lengths to save or replace lost hair (hair transplants are brutal, you end up with a huge scar across the back of your head) because they are WAY off base and putting WAY too much stock in the hair on the top of their head. They are misguided, plain and simple.

The men who know they are worthy of women's affection and attention regardless of how they look never even consider hair transplants, they just go with the easiest haircut and forget about it and live their life. It's all about who you are, not how you look.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:30 AM

19,447 posts, read 27,876,065 times
Quote:
Boy, you sound bitter, angry and depressed. All over going bald. Simple solution: get anti-depressants, hairplugs or some perspective.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
Why are people fighting aging so hard?
I'm not trying to fight aging. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that my hair will grey and I'll develop wrinkles and get physically weaker. I just don't want to take on a whole new ugly look in what are supposed to be my best years of my life. Grey hair doesn't make a guy look ugly. It doesn't change the way his face looks. I would be perfectly fine if I had Anderson Cooper's head of hair at age 25. Balding actually changes the way a guy's face looks because it throws all his previous proportions out of whack.

Quote:
My best friend (girl) started going grey at 19 (talk about an ego blow), so she started coloring it.
See, there's an easy remedy for greying hair. Being grey is always an option.

A proper comparison would be if she started greying rapidly and knew she would be totally grey in a few years and not be able to hide it.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
lots of men nowadays are opting to shave full heads of hair off.
Having a shaved full head of hair looks a lot different than having a cue ball. With a shaved full head of hair, you still have the short follicles framing your face.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Having a shaved full head of hair looks a lot different than having a cue ball. With a shaved full head of hair, you still have the short follicles framing your face.
That's not shaved, that's a tight buzz. Look to vin diesel for an example, he still has hair yet shaves, and it's safe to say he's lusted after by women. Again, it's more because of who he is in his movie roles, that confident masculine vibe. A lot of clean shaven men have that confidence and aura about them, which is what women find sexy about them.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:40 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,624,182 times
Both my brothers' (twins) hairlines started receding in their midtwenties, and one of them started thinning on top, as well as having his hairline recede. They weren't really thrilled about it. One of them hides it most of the time, because as a college baseball coach, he wears a hat most of his waking hours. The other is a newspaper journalist, and can't do much to conceal it. They're both self conscious about it, but it didn't prevent either of them from snagging hot wives.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,624,182 times
Quote:

See, there's an easy remedy for greying hair. Being grey is always an option.
And a really universally-accepted attractive one for young women.

You need to get past this, really. The insecure pity party is likely about 10x more unattractive than thinning hair will ever be.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:02 PM

44 posts, read 64,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You need to get past this, really. The insecure pity party is likely about 10x more unattractive than thinning hair will ever be.
I happen to think balding in a man can be very attractive. It's all about the attitude and the twinkle (or lack of one) in his eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty